The Pokemon Games Special Events Thread

Started by TheGameNinja, February 11, 2010, 11:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

10/1/18 - 11/15/18
ZERAORA
Available in Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon
Method: Unknown

Zeraora is the final known pokemon. This pokemon will be distributed holding an Air Balloon. Zeraora will know the moves Plasma Fists, Thunder Punch, Close Combat, Thunder.

9/17/18 - 10/7/18
~ACTIVE EVENT~
SHINY POIPOLE
Method: [NA] Serial Code available at Gamestop, [PAL] Serial Code available at Smyths (UK), Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter (Europe)

Players will receive a shiny Poipole. This pokemon is not shiny locked in the games, meaning you can soft reset your game for the Poipole you receive normally to be shiny. The pokemon is at Lv. 40 and knows the moves Venom Drench, Nasty Plot, Poison Jab, and Dragon Pulse.

3/8/18 - 10/31/18
~ACTIVE EVENT~
DECIDUEYE, INCINEROAR, & PRIMARINA
Method: Pokemon Bank

These Pokemon are available to subscribers of Pokemon Bank. They can only be received once regardless of how many games you have linked to Bank, meaning if you have both Sun and Moon you can only receive the gift on one of the two. All three Pokemon have their Hidden Abilities, this being the first time they have been available.

9/22/17 - 9/21/18
~ACTIVE EVENT~
CELEBI
Method: Pokemon Gold and Silver eShop purchase

This Pokemon is available to players who purchase Pokemon Gold or Silver on the 3DS eShop. Codes may be redeemed until 10/31/18.

7/13/18 - 7/28/18
~ACTIVE EVENT~
TORNADUS & THUNDURUS
Method: [NA]Serial Code available at Target (USA) and Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter (Canada), [PAL] Wi-Fi

This event gives players of Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon access to Tornadus while Pokemon Sun and Ultra Sun players receive Thundurus. Sun and Moon receive the Pokemon at Lv. 60. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon receive the Pokemon at Lv. 100 holding a Gold Bottle Cap. Codes may be redeemed until 10/29/18.

8/3/18 - 8/25/18
~ACTIVE EVENT~
KYOGRE & GROUDON
Method: [NA]Serial Code available at Gamestop (USA) and EB Games (Canada), [PAL] Serial Code available at GAME (UK, Spain), Gamestop (Italy, Germany), Micromania (France)

This event gives players of Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon access to Groudon while Pokemon Sun and Ultra Sun players receive Kyogre. Each Pokemon knows its signature moves. Sun and Moon receive the Pokemon at Lv. 60. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon receive the Pokemon at Lv. 100 holding a Gold Bottle Cap. Codes may be redeemed until 11/28/18.

9/2/18 - 9/23/18
LATIAS & LATIOS
Method: [NA] Serial Code available at Best Buy, [PAL] Wi-Fi

This event gives players of Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon access to Latios while Pokemon Sun and Ultra Sun players receive Latias. Each Pokemon knows its signature moves. Sun and Moon receive the Pokemon at Lv. 60. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon receive the Pokemon at Lv. 100 holding a Gold Bottle Cap.

RESHIRAM & ZEKROM

These Pokemon will be distributed sometime in October 2018.

LUGIA & HO-OH

These Pokemon will be distributed sometime in November 2018.

~ACTIVE EVENT~
Ash's Pikachu
Method: QR

This Pokemon is Ash's Pikachu featured in the film Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You! This event will always be active as it works by scanning the QR code for your region. This Pokemon was intended to be shiny locked, but it is actually possible for it to be shiny due to a bug in how the shiny lock was implemented. The Pokemon does not appear shiny but it will have the red star symbol indicating a shiny.

~ACTIVE EVENT~
Ash's Pikachu
Method: Serial Code PIKACHUM20

This Pokemon is Ash's Pikachu featured in the film Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You! This Pokemon was intended for distribution in Singapore, but since Singapore does not have a specific region associated with it within the games, it is actually obtainable worldwide and can even be obtained if you have already received the Ash's Pikachu specific for your region. As with the previous entry, this Pokemon may be shiny due to a bug. There is no known end date for this event. To receive the Pokemon, enter the code in the Mystery Gift menu.

~ACTIVE EVENT~
MAGEARNA
Method: QR

This event will always be active as it works by scanning the QR code for your region. The Pokemon is only available though this method and is shiny locked, meaning as of this writing there is no legitimate way to have a shiny Magearna. Magearna also has an unobtainable form called Original Color. This form resembles a Poke Ball and has never been given out anywhere in the world.

In order to redeem the code, you must first beat the Elite 4 and Champion. After that, you can scan the code using the Rotom Dex's QR code scanner. Then, go to the Antique Shop in Hau'oli City's mall and talk to the person there to receive Magearna.

This thread is for discussing the special events for the Pokemon video games where you can receive unobtainable Pokemon (Mew, Celebi, etc.), special items (Member Card, Aurora Ticket, etc.), and the like. You can discuss any of the events (past, present, or future) for any of the Pokemon video games. I will keep this first post updated with the current and upcoming events. I will add the events for the main series in the United States as soon as I find out, but I don't always keep tabs on all of the spin-off games' events or the events in other countries. If you know of a present or future event AND can provide evidence that it exists (anything trustworthy, be it a poster in a video game store or a leak from a respected news site), I will add it to this post. I know that sometimes news sites will get leaked info months beforehand, so I will also be keeping a list of likely, but not yet officially confirmed events as well.

Please note that events for specific countries that take place over Wi-Fi can be accessed from anywhere in the world, but only if you have a game from that country. For example, if a Wi-Fi event is being held in Japan, a player in France would be able to access the event if they had a Japanese copy of the game.

Also, it has come to my attention that there are sometimes Pokemon given away at trading card game tournaments. However, I will not be adding those to the list as they are often unannounced AND are only available for an EXTREMELY limited time (often only one day) and only in ONE place. If you wish to learn about these events, visit the website for the trading card game that pertains to your area or attend your local Pokemon League. The only exception to this rule may be if an event is held at the World Championship, in which case I may add it, but only if the event is announced beforehand.

My sources: pokemon.com, serebii.net, bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net

Dracoslythe

Mhm, the Pichu is nothing too special.
Got it yesterday.
:3

BTW, that Jirachi is mien if it comes out.
QuoteThis Jirachi knows the move Draco Meteor
It even has my name on it.  >:3

Can't wait for HG/SS<3
Notched-eared Pichu<333

TheGameNinja

Added "Yellow Forest" event for Japan and info about Wi-Fi events.

~ACTIVE EVENT~ will now be placed above events that are currently being held.

Dracoslythe

fsd that sounds pretty cool.
I guess Pokewalker is a new feature in HG/SS?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Dracoslythe on February 12, 2010, 11:02:43 AM
fsd that sounds pretty cool.
I guess Pokewalker is a new feature in HG/SS?
It's sort of like the old Pokemon Pikachu. It's basically a pedometer that comes with the games which you can use, among other things, to level up and even catch Pokemon.

Post Merge: February 13, 2010, 01:49:50 AM

Jirachi event confirmed for North America.

Post Merge: February 13, 2010, 07:07:47 PM

Japanese Deoxys event for Ranger: Tracks of Light added.

TheGameNinja

Pichu event removed as the event ended yesterday.

More details added to Japanese Deoxys event.

jkid101094

I got the movie event Arceus if that counts. ::)

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 15, 2010, 01:03:24 PM
I got the movie event Arceus if that counts. ::)
Yeah, it counts.

When traded to HeartGold or SoulSilver, that Arceus gives you the chance to catch a Lv. 1 Palkia, Dialga, or Giratina. You can only pick one. :3

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on February 15, 2010, 01:06:39 PM
Yeah, it counts.

When traded to HeartGold or SoulSilver, that Arceus gives you the chance to catch a Lv. 1 Palkia, Dialga, or Giratina. You can only pick one. :3
Yes, now I remember. :)
The funny part is that I don't remember even getting it. xD

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Waiiiiit.
I thought the Arceus event was Japan only?
@-@
Last summer, you got it at the movie theater when going to see it in Japan, or something.  @-@

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on February 16, 2010, 12:39:51 PM
Waiiiiit.
I thought the Arceus event was Japan only?
@-@
Last summer, you got it at the movie theater when going to see it in Japan, or something.  @-@
Well, in my mystery event thingy there was an arceus, I figured it was the Azure Flute but when I picked it up it was an Arceus. I'll snap a screen shot later.

I probably hacked it when I had access to my cousin's AR though and forgot about it. xD

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Gamerdude

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 16, 2010, 01:16:02 PM
Well, in my mystery event thingy there was an arceus, I figured it was the Azure Flute but when I picked it up it was an Arceus. I'll snap a screen shot later.

I probably hacked it when I had access to my cousin's AR though and forgot about it. xD
Ya, you probably hacked it. And on that note....
*points a finger at Jkid*
HAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!!! *random computer hits jkid in the head*

Quote from: Dracoslythe
                                              MSN: 
                               All the cool shit happens thur.
jkid loves you, GD. :3
HERE'S A BIG FUCKING HUG FROM KAY, GD.  CCCC:

jkid101094

Quote from: Gamerdude on February 16, 2010, 01:27:00 PM
Ya, you probably hacked it. And on that note....
*points a finger at Jkid*
HAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!!! *random computer hits jkid in the head*
I got a bunch of hacked pokemon. :P
Every seen a Blastoise use flamethrower? xD

^Not the Blastoise I use^

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

The Arceus was distributed in North America. They gave it out at Toys"R"Us last November.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: TheGameNinja on February 16, 2010, 03:32:19 PM
The Arceus was distributed in North America. They gave it out at Toys"R"Us last November.
Oh.
No wonder I didn't hear about it.

The nearest Toys R Us is about two hours away.
._.