Main Menu

RIP Windows XP

Started by FlashTheHedgehog123, April 11, 2014, 03:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlashTheHedgehog123

~RIP Windows XP (2001-2014) Nevar froget
Hello!

Elija2

I can't believe that there are people still using XP over a decade after its release.

jkid101094

Windows XP is for nerds.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on April 11, 2014, 03:36:50 PM
I can't believe that there are people still using XP over a decade after its release.
Well there are people still using their PS2s soo.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

That really isn't the same...at all.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Not sure what to do about my old PC, since it can't run 7 like my laptop can. Would Linux be a good option?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Ioshyriku on April 12, 2014, 04:10:10 AM
Not sure what to do about my old PC, since it can't run 7 like my laptop can. Would Linux be a good option?
Depends
How good are you with computers?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Elija2

Quote from: Ioshyriku on April 12, 2014, 04:10:10 AM

Linux is probably your only option if your PC is that old. I hear Windows 8 actually performs better than Windows 7 on older machines, but Linux will still perform better than that depending on what distro you use. Also it's free.

Ioshyriku

Elija2

If I may recommend some Linux distros:

Linux Mint - This is one of the most popular Linux distros out there. I recommend getting the Xfce version since it's the most lightweight version.
Elementary OS - A distro that tries to to mimic OS X. It's really pretty and still lightweight.
Peppermint - A web-centric distro that's focused on being lightweight.
Xubuntu - A super-lightweight distro mostly used as a portable OS, but it's still fully-featured enough to be used as a permanent desktop OS.

These are all distros that I have personally tried and they all come with the ability to try the OS before you install it. I recommend doing this so that you can find and hopefully solve any problems like incompatible drivers before installing.

If you have a portable USB drive you can use this tool to install any distro with it.