Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 02, 2014, 07:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

We're excited to unleash an all-new Sonic the Hedgehog at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles with the debut of playable versions of new titles exclusively for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The new games Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for the Wii U system, developed by Los Angeles-based Big Red Button, and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, from San Francisco-based Sanzaru Games, will introduce new gameplay and the most vile and formidable villain in Sonic history — Lyric.

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is a standalone adventure that shares key characters, events and lore of the Sonic Boom universe with exclusive environments and characters. For the first time ever, gamers will be able to take on the role of Sticks, the newest member of the team who will play an integral role in the story after her best friend Amy gets kidnapped by the ancient villain Lyric. While the Wii U version is focused on action-adventure and exploration, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal will place a bigger emphasis on platforming and puzzles. Additionally, unique collectibles featured in the Nintendo 3DS version will unlock special content on Wii U via Wi-Fi connectivity.

In both games, Sonic and friends – Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and the newest member of the team, Sticks, will work together as they face their most powerful enemy yet. Lyric is a giant and monstrous snake-like creature from an ancient race. An extremely tech-savvy mastermind who uses a sophisticated robotic body of armor to carry out his own nefarious deeds, he is a formidable enemy and a force to be reckoned with. With a strong emphasis on collaboration, the roles of Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks, will be elevated in gameplay that capitalizes on each character's unique talents and abilities. The goal is to prevent Lyric from powering his army of robots and carrying out his plan to destroy the world. The stakes have never been higher, and the only chance to overcome Lyric is to band together and work as a team.

Screens
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/23/1401729536-sonic-boom-3ds.jpg
CG Render
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/23/1401727781-sonic-boom.jpg
Lyric
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/23/1401727492-lyric.jpg

jkid101094

The generic Snake design is a villain...why?

Also:

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

And our monster of the week is.....
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

The 3DS ver. actually looks pretty good.
I just wish they sped them up a bit...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Graphics look a little below par to me, for the 3DS. Gameplay looks ok.

jkid101094

THERE HE IS, GUYS
AND THERE GOES THE PLOT

Plot -> |Window Plot ->

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

No, Knuckles is African-American
Shadow is black.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

One's stupid and violent, the other's just violent.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Wind can say it. The lot of you can't.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

The best part about talking to Elija2, is wondering whether he's caught on to the joke or not.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

BoomBeep

*checks date of last post* No no, keep going, you two! I'm dying over here. XD

On an on-topic note, I'm getting both of these games, though Rise of Lyric definitely has me more excited. I'm hyped for both, but I'm really big on console games~ ;w;

BoomBeep

That'll be a big negatory for me. I love to wait for the full package to come out; builds up the hype.