Xbox One or PlayStation 4?

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 26, 2014, 08:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 27, 2014, 06:17:59 AM
But PS4 disks aren't worthless paperweights because you're forced to use them even though the game is already installed on the system, and that's somehow better.

Because they have actual worth. Digital media isnt worth anything, because in theroem you do not own it.

Of course this is hypothetical, but technically one could terminate your account and your thing would be gone and you could do nothing against that. (Obviously Steam would probably try to fix it, but principles)

But of course, if you only care about turning of your mind and enjoying a few hours of gaming, you probably do not care. I, however, do.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 27, 2014, 06:31:04 AM
Because they have actual worth. Digital media isnt worth anything, because in theroem you do not own it.

Of course this is hypothetical, but technically one could terminate your account and your thing would be gone and you could do nothing against that. (Obviously Steam would probably try to fix it, but principles)

But of course, if you only care about turning of your mind and enjoying a few hours of gaming, you probably do not care. I, however, do.

That's why I was saying that you can still buy physical PC games. You said that PC disks are worthless because you don't need them after you've install the game, but how is that worse than PS4 disks when you do need them even after you've installed the game? PC gaming ends up being less of a hassle because you don't have to constantly switch disks out when you want to play something else.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 27, 2014, 06:39:08 AM
That's why I was saying that you can still buy physical PC games. You said that PC disks are worthless because you don't need them after you've install the game, but how is that worse than PS4 disks when you do need them even after you've installed the game? PC gaming ends up being less of a hassle because you don't have to constantly switch disks out when you want to play something else.

PC Discs are not really reusable after the code as been used and they become void. They have no net value.
Despite owning a PC Disc, technically I still dont 'own' the game, since its managed digital.

PS4 Discs have net value and do not become void. (Until they dry out anyway.)

And lol, I'm that lazy as to bothered by switching disks lmao

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 27, 2014, 06:46:54 AM
PC Discs are not really reusable after the code as been used and they become void. They have no net value.
Despite owning a PC Disc, technically I still dont 'own' the game, since its managed digital.

PS4 Discs have net value and do not become void. (Until they dry out anyway.)

And lol, I'm that lazy as to bothered by switching disks lmao

Most PC game discs are reusable actually, and many of them redeem on Steam so you'll always have them anyway. Until Steam goes down, but Steam will probably last longer than your PS4 will.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 27, 2014, 07:06:47 AM
Most PC game discs are reusable actually, and many of them redeem on Steam so you'll always have them anyway. Until Steam goes down, but Steam will probably last longer than your PS4 will.

What's the point though? I dont have slow internet. It's just extra 10 bucks for something I dont even own.
I own my PS4 discs. They have net value.

And aside from my Wii, my consoles never break. I take care of them \ o /

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 27, 2014, 07:13:56 AM
What's the point though? I dont have slow internet. It's just extra 10 bucks for something I dont even own.
I own my PS4 discs. They have net value.

And aside from my Wii, my consoles never break. I take care of them \ o /

Who cares about the net value of a game unless you want to resell it later? But even then PC versions of games sell at around the same price as the console versions.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 27, 2014, 07:19:47 AM
Who cares about the net value of a game unless you want to resell it later? But even then PC versions of games sell at around the same price as the console versions.

Making them even more useless, since they have no net value.

For me, it's about principles. I want to own what I buy.

SmashFinale

Yeah, i saw this coming from a mile away.
Let me ACTUALLY suggest a console from these two choices for you (Jkid101094) instead of trying to persuade you to get what i have. (Elija2)

I say Xbox One for Killer Instinct, Master Chief Collection (which comes with a beta access for Halo 5), and Sunset Overdrive.

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 27, 2014, 08:25:10 AM
Let me ACTUALLY suggest a console from these two choices for you (Jkid101094) instead of trying to persuade you to get what i have. (Elija2)

I don't have a PS4 or any current-gen console.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on August 27, 2014, 08:38:55 AM
I don't have a PS4 or any current-gen console.
Then stop trying to change the damn subject! He asking between PS4 or Xbox One, not Wii U or PC. If you can't provide any information between those two consoles you don't need to reply to this topic.

Hakudamashi

My input is, if you really need your Japanese games fix, then go with a PS4.
I think it's clear that Xbox fans aren't into them, and the same thing that happened with the 360 will happen again.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 28, 2014, 01:27:33 AM
Then stop trying to change the damn subject! He asking between PS4 or Xbox One, not Wii U or PC. If you can't provide any information between those two consoles you don't need to reply to this topic.

I was arguing that it would be better to wait another year before buying an Xbone or PS4 if his PC already satisfies his current-gen gaming needs. That seems pretty on-subject to me.

TailsLover2010

I'd say Xbox One because Sunset Overdrive.
-No advertising in signature, please.