Pokkén Tournament

Started by jkid101094, August 26, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

You are truly a gifted conversationalist.

QuoteShortly after his appearance on the Pokken Tournament announcement livestream earlier today, Bandai Namco Games's Katsuhiro Harada took to Twitter to respond to fans' questions and messages.

In his responses to these questions, Harada addressed a number of notable things that I'm sure a good many of us were left wondering about ever since news of the game's announcement broke earlier this morning.

Things such as whether or not there would be Tekken guest characters appearing in Pokken Tournament, or if non-humanoid or non-fighting-type Pokemon would enter the roster as playable characters.

Find out the answer to those questions, and more in our translation of the prompt Q&A on Twitter.
---Is it true that Tekken characters [will] be making guest appearances in Pokemon/Pokken Tournament?

Harada: Ha, ha, ha. Nope, Tekken characters will not be making an appearance.

As we're making a Pokemon fighting action battle game, I've already touched on this while on the livestream, but in this game there will not be a high/mid/low guard system mechanic. Instead, we're planning to include a new type of [mechanic]...

---As it's a fighting game, I'm a little worried that the roster will be full of humanoid-looking Pokemons (TL note: Pokemans?). I'd rather be surprised with unexpected picks instead.

Harada: That's not a problem at all. Technologically-speaking, we shouldn't face any problems in implementing whatever Pokemon we want. In terms of the system mechanics, we'll be looking at what fans would want, so please rest assured.

---Will Harada-san be making an appearance in the game, as "Harada The Strongest Gym Leader"?

Harada: Well, (laughs) if we did that we'll probably piss off Pokemon fans (but you already knew that, right?!).

---Congrats on making Pokken a reality! And thank you for that! Rather than tweet you a request, today I've got a bit of a query: in Pokken Tournament it seems like Pokemon trainers do not exist? It's not that I'm requesting for them to make an appearance, but rather I'd just like to find out if that's the case.

Harada: Worry not.

---You remembered to bring out Pokken, but what about Tekken X Street Fighter?

Harada: I've said this before, but we're still making it. It's just that it's too difficult to nail down a release timing for it at the moment, so we're changed our strategy for it.

Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/26/...different-game/

It seems that less human Pokemon like Pikachu, Lilligant or even something like Muk aren't entirely out of the equation. Though their sizes may be exaggerated to keep them a level height. Really looking forward to the confirmation of Exeggutor now.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 26, 2014, 04:42:16 PM
You are truly a gifted conversationalist.
When it comes to topics that I care about, yes.

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 26, 2014, 04:42:16 PM
It seems that less human Pokemon like Pikachu, Lilligant or even something like Muk aren't entirely out of the equation. Though their sizes may be exaggerated to keep them a level height.

Can't wait

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

If it doesnt play like Tekken, dont name it after Tekken. Christ.

TheGameNinja

Not calling it P1 Grand Prix is a huge missed opportunity.

jkid101094

Persona 4 Arena already did that though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay