Main Menu

Yes, Elija, yes I do

Started by shadowDOESrock, September 10, 2014, 07:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 16, 2014, 02:43:10 PM
That is not a joke

First of all "Black vaginas look rotten."
Fruits and vegetables more often than not look black when they're rotten.

There's a corelation, a root, a relateable aspect, something to make you go "I get it".

"All black people deserved to be lynched"
That's a statement with no room to ponder what else it could mean.
Huh. Wind actually explained it better than I could. That's new.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Meme Master Flex

all black people deserve to be lynched

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 16, 2014, 04:19:19 AM
'What do you call a flying jew? Ash.'

i'm sorry but i actually laughed out loud

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 16, 2014, 02:43:10 PM
That is not a joke

That was the point.

And seriously? Rotten fruits are black, therefore black vaginas are rotten? What kind of a joke is that?

You do realize that almost all stereotypes have a "root", right? Black people are dirty because of their brown skin colour. Arabs are terrorists because of 9/11. Are these clever jokes? No, they're racist statements. Sure, there's something that makes you go "I get it" but that doesn't mean they're funny.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 03:21:47 PM
That was the point.

And seriously? Rotten fruits are black, therefore black vaginas are rotten? What kind of a joke is that?

You do realize that almost all stereotypes have a "root", right? Black people are dirty because of their brown skin colour. Arabs are terrorists because of 9/11. Are these clever jokes? No, they're racist statements. Sure, there's something that makes you go "I get it" but that doesn't mean they're funny.

you would have a heart attack if you were in our daily skype calls...

jkid101094

You do realize that almost all stereotypes have a "root", right?
At this point I'm surprised you know that.

Sure, there's something that makes you go "I get it" but that doesn't mean they're funny.
What is it going to take for you to realize that different people find different things funny? I bet you know that the reason you laugh at jokes in the first place is because it's a reaction your body has to the unexpected. If we're having a conversation about flowers and I make a racist comment you're probably going to do one of two things:

A). Get offended.
or
B). Laugh because you were caught off guard.

Not everyone is going to do both and they might even have different reactions, but not a soul fits a mold that says, "OK, this is a joke and now you will laugh at it."

Also don't forget that we're on the internet. All we have is text. We can't give inflection in our voices to make a better delivery and it's honestly really easy to forget that.

Anyway my point is that comedy is more than just a written rule. It takes different strokes for different folks and while you can say, "You have a bad sense of humor" all that says is that you think your opinion of humor is better than everyone else's which is a fucking stupid argument.

Post Merge: September 16, 2014, 09:43:49 PM

Quote from: Celery on September 16, 2014, 03:27:24 PM
you would have a heart attack if you were in our daily skype calls...
I'm starting to think he should join the Tumblr Social Justice Warriors.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

One from your colour TV

And noone will get that.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 16, 2014, 03:43:04 PM
What is it going to take for you to realize that different people find different things funny?

I know that different people find different things funny, I'm arguing that Kyo's joke was a bad one. Humour is subjective, but only to an extent. It's like saying that there's no such thing as bad movies. Sure, someone can enjoy a bad movie, but it's still a bad movie.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 16, 2014, 03:43:04 PM

Post Merge: September 16, 2014, 09:43:49 PM
I'm starting to think he should join the Tumblr Social Justice Warriors.

i already thought he was a sjw

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 04:05:18 PM
I know that different people find different things funny, I'm arguing that Kyo's joke was a bad one.
You sure weren't making that clear.

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 04:05:18 PM
Humour is subjective, but only to an extent. It's like saying that there's no such thing as bad movies. Sure, someone can enjoy a bad movie, but it's still a bad movie.
See now this I don't agree with at all. There is no written rule that says that if X movie does Y things wrong that it's bad. The very concept of something being good or bad is based entirely on opinion and I see a lot of people that seem to forget that. It doesn't matter if the majority agree or whatever other reason you have. If there isn't a flatout answer than it's opinionated. I mean, let's think of things that could make a movie bad, shall we?

Bad Acting
Bad Writing
Bad Music

There are definitely more but looking at them they all share one trait; they're all based on opinion. If someone wants to say Sonic '06 is an amazing game than that's his opinion. He shouldn't have to say that it's a bad game that he likes just because the majority agree that it's bad. You can like things that you think are bad, for sure, but at the end of the day what it all comes down to is opinion.

Getting back to the topic of humor the same exact thing applies. If Wind tells a joke that I think is racist that doesn't make it a bad joke or even not a joke at all, it makes it a bad joke IN MY OPINION. I feel like arguments like this only happen because people forget that there's a very big difference between the two.

Nothing is inherently bad. It's just against the popular opinion.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

honestly this whole topic is hilarious to watch because of how much of a white knight Elijah is like holy shit

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 16, 2014, 04:22:39 PM
See now this I don't agree with at all. There is no written rule that says that if X movie does Y things wrong that it's bad. The very concept of something being good or bad is based entirely on opinion and I see a lot of people that seem to forget that. It doesn't matter if the majority agree or whatever other reason you have. If there isn't a flatout answer than it's opinionated. I mean, let's think of things that could make a movie bad, shall we?

Bad Acting
Bad Writing
Bad Music

There are definitely more but looking at them they all share one trait; they're all based on opinion. If someone wants to say Sonic '06 is an amazing game than that's his opinion. He shouldn't have to say that it's a bad game that he likes just because the majority agree that it's bad. You can like things that you think are bad, for sure, but at the end of the day what it all comes down to is opinion.

Getting back to the topic of humor the same exact thing applies. If Wind tells a joke that I think is racist that doesn't make it a bad joke or even not a joke at all, it makes it a bad joke IN MY OPINION. I feel like arguments like this only happen because people forget that there's a very big difference between the two.

Nothing is inherently bad. It's just against the popular opinion.

I mean, if you want to be pedantic then yes, nothing in the universe is objectively bad. An asteroid crashing into the Earth and wiping out humanity isn't objectively bad because, hey, humanity kinda sucks.

But I don't believe that. I believe that movies can be objectively bad, I believe that games can be objectively bad, and I believe that jokes can be objectively bad.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 04:35:16 PM
I mean, if you want to be pedantic then yes, nothing in the universe is objectively bad. An asteroid crashing into the Earth and wiping out humanity isn't objectively bad because, hey, humanity kinda sucks.

But I don't believe that. I believe that movies can be objectively bad, I believe that games can be objectively bad, and I believe that jokes can be objectively bad.
Well I do believe that, so I guess this entire thing is just a clash of opinion. Nothing really more to it than that.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.