Project: Blu-Tac; Yet Another Game Project

Started by Meme Master Flex, October 21, 2014, 11:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meme Master Flex

Yes, yet another game project started by this community.

I'm sure some of you may have noticed that a lot of us seem to have gotten busier, haven't been able to replay, etc (or it might just be me). That's mainly due to the fact that many of us have gotten to work on a new Video Game Project, Project: Blu-Tac, as it's currently nicknamed. It's main core aspect is a 2.5D Sidescrolling Platformer with full on 3D Environments akin to Klonoa or Pandemonium, but with characters made from sprites instead of 3D Models, such as games like Strider 2.

"But Celery, won't a major project like this end up like Lightdash?" You exclaim, while shuffling your fedora and your Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

Unlike Lightdash, we have a clear idea and understanding of what we want, which was one of the major reasons why that project failed, we had no idea what we were doing, really, I'll be honest, even to this day we're still changing the design of Lightdash. If you go there right now, it's seriously different than our first version. No really, go, I'll wait.

"That sounds great, but there's one thing..." You further speak in my direction, with your breath smelling like an African's lunch "Haven't we already done a fangame, and didn't it not take off in the slightest?"

That's mainly because nobody knew what the fuck they were doing, and nobody really understood the program we were using, we're not SFG, sorry. We're not making a fangame here, we have the freedom to do what we want without being constricted to the norms of a set series.

"But Celery, I would do this, if I had something to contribute, sadly I'm a untalented person with no skills to contribute"

If you can write, play video games, make music, draw, give honest opinions, or if you even have friends who are willing to help, then you can participate, plain and simple. We're open to having anyone, so don't feel like you can't contribute.

Any other questions can be answered below, if you're interested, reply to this thread with what you would want to help with, or if you know anyone who can help, with any other information you feel is important.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 22, 2014, 12:15:42 AM
Gameplay or riot.

We're still planning the game out and developing the engine.

Soon™

jkid101094

Also, is this why you wanted those scripts for RPG Maker? Why make a platformer in a program designed for RPGs?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 22, 2014, 01:53:45 AM
Also, is this why you wanted those scripts for RPG Maker? Why make a platformer in a program designed for RPGs?

No, I wanted those scripts because I'd never seen anything like it and I couldn't find it anywhere that I looked.
We're actually making the game in Unity.

PSNGigoByte

I think it's probably worth noting that i'll be starting the production of the platforming engine.
I'll hopefully have a very basic version of it up by tonight with one or two features in tact...
Hopefully.

Elija2

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on October 22, 2014, 05:07:38 AM
lol, this is never gonna happen

I love when people say things like this, it only makes me want to do it more.

WitheredRose

Quote from: Elija2 on October 22, 2014, 05:07:38 AM
lol, this is never gonna happen

Elija? More like ElijAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FlashTheHedgehog123

Blu-Tac? More like

BELONGS IN THE TRASH. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH *shot*
Hello!

jkid101094

Quote from: Celery on October 22, 2014, 07:19:20 AM
Spoiler: That's the point.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Celery on October 22, 2014, 07:19:20 AM

Your naive optimism will only make your inevitable failure that much more entertaining.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on October 22, 2014, 05:40:01 PM
Your naive optimism will only make your inevitable failure that much more entertaining.

You sound like SmashFinale right now, and I can't tell if that's a good thing or not.