Previous topic - Next topic

Kandi

I'm just curious on what are your favourite animes are. For me, they are:

Tightrope

Yuri!!! on ICE

DRAMAtical Murder

LuckyStar

Am I posting this in the right place? o.O

Oh, the reason why most of you guys haven't seen me yet is because I'm new here  :P

HereAndThere

An actual post, made with enough effort to go through the trouble of using gradient on the font, along with Konata GIFs attached?
What a rare find in this day and age, mixed in with all the spam bots.

I prefer reading manga, since it's overall faster and there are a lot of gems that will never get an anime adaptation, but I'll just list down some of the shows that come to mind or that I've been watching as of late:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's probably a favorite, but I haven't seen it in like 8 years, so I can't really be certain about it.

The Disapperance of Haruhi Suzumiya goes into the same camp, but I have a feeling that it was overall stronger than either of the seasons.

I recently finished watching the original Fate/Stay Night, and even though it was pretty enjoyable at times, it was mostly underwhelming and left me glad that I left Fate/Zero, Unlimited Bladeworks and Heaven's Feel for later.

Shirobako was one that I also finished in the last month or so, and I feel like it hit all the notes it wanted to, along with all the buttons needed for an emotional reaction out of me. It's a well-done show that executes some of the most basic tropes really well.

This is already quite rambly, so I'll cap it off with some of the shows I'm trying to absorb into my stream of consciousness watching now, those being Hakumei to Mikochi, Fate/Zero, To Be Heroine, Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa, Satsuriku no Tenshi and Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro.
Oh,and I just finished Wotakoi earlier this week.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Kandi

No you're right not many mangas sadly do get the anime adaptations they deserve. Like the Black Bird manga series, I did enjoy reading reading the first five volumes of it though. Then I was kinda upset to find out that it didn't get an anime adaptation it deserved. Then I am surprised that Tightrope (yaoi manga series) did manage to get an 2-episode-long OVA. And IDK if you're into yaoi, but Tightrope is worth reading and watching.

HereAndThere

It's always sad to see interesting manga never get an adaptation, but it's a better outcome than having a mediocre anime hastily rushed out.
I've taken a look at Black Bird at some point, but it didn't strike a chord enough for me to keep reading it. I haven't really ever found a reason to ever go back to it, as I've never heard anyone mention it before.

It's always strange seeing something like that, where a manga you'd assume has an adaptation, but doesn't, and then a manga you feel like it could never have one, has one.
I usually don't read much BL stuff, unless the setting piques my interest enough, or if I just like the characters and/or their designs.
I'll check it out and report back if I find it interesting enough to read it through.
But before I do that, I need to get through these mangos that I'm in the middle of.

maoraharon123

favorite anime has to be cowboy bebob favorite manga is Tokyo ghoul/berserk

SonictheKid101

TheGoldenGamer50

Dragon Ball Super
English   ;D
*Toei Time*

Sammyjammylammy

Ravenfreak

I really enjoy My Hero Acadamia the most. My favorite character is Tokoyami! I also enjoy some old school anime like Digimon Seasons 1-4, the original few first seasons of Pokemon and even Yu-Gi-Oh.

baconesp