A Debate on Pokemon RGN Abuse. Would You Consider it Cheating?

Started by jkid101094, October 14, 2011, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

~Click Here For a Full Guide~

Because many of you are not Pokemon players, and most of you who are tend to try ignoring the inner workings of your favorite Pokemon games, I'll assume you've never heard of the PRNG method. The Pokemon Random Number Generator, or, PNRG Method makes it possible to control the seemingly random events in the Pokemon games so that you can manipulate stats, natures and even the shiny aspect of Wild Pokemon, Egg Pokemon, Event Pokemon, Legendary/Roaming Pokemon, Extra Link Pokemon and more. The best part is this is all (mostly) done within the game itself. An Action Replay device is only needed to find your secret ID number and a few other things such as seeds. However, these things can be found in game too, albeit, much more difficultly.

I plan to use the RNG method to turn some Extralink Pokemon shiny, however, would you guys consider it cheating if I did so? This actually has been something I've wanted to ask for awhile now.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on October 14, 2011, 11:19:25 AM
Yes...
You don't exactly need it, it just makes the process easier.

Besides, I've decided not to worry because there are apparently no RNG methods for Black out yet.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 14, 2011, 10:48:38 AM
~Click Here For a Full Guide~

Because many of you are not Pokemon players, and most of you who are tend to try ignoring the inner workings of your favorite Pokemon games, I'll assume you've never heard of the PRNG method. The Pokemon Random Number Generator, or, PNRG Method makes it possible to control the seemingly random events in the Pokemon games so that you can manipulate stats, natures and even the shiny aspect of Wild Pokemon, Egg Pokemon, Event Pokemon, Legendary/Roaming Pokemon, Extra Link Pokemon and more. The best part is this is all (mostly) done within the game itself. An Action Replay device is only needed to find your secret ID number and a few other things such as seeds. However, these things can be found in game too, albeit, much more difficultly.

I plan to use the RNG method to turn some Extralink Pokemon shiny, however, would you guys consider it cheating if I did so? This actually has been something I've wanted to ask for awhile now.
hey jkid i always use the action replay so i cheat alot :P

Tanassy

If you're using stuff that exists and is findable in the game without any tampering, it's not cheating.

jkid101094

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on October 14, 2011, 07:41:11 PM
If you're using stuff that exists and is findable in the game without any tampering, it's not cheating.
Cheat codes are cheating.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 14, 2011, 07:53:27 PM
Cheat codes are cheating.
You never said anything about using cheat codes. Why the hell are you even asking this, then?

jkid101094

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on October 14, 2011, 08:27:14 PM
You never said anything about using cheat codes. Why the hell are you even asking this, then?
I didn't, I was just proving a point. You said anything found in the game without tampering isn't cheating, but some people say cheat codes are regardless. I'm just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 14, 2011, 08:30:37 PM
I didn't, I was just proving a point. You said anything found in the game without tampering isn't cheating, but some people say cheat codes are regardless. I'm just pointing out a flaw in your argument.
Cheat codes are called cheat codes for a reason.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on October 14, 2011, 08:48:12 PM
Cheat codes are called cheat codes for a reason.
No shit sherlock.

This looks interesting...
But too much work.

Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Jazz Nova on October 15, 2011, 03:23:44 AM
No shit sherlock.

This looks interesting...
But too much work.

hey i also use cheat codes too all the time so :P

TheGameNinja

Hmm... I'm on the fence. I don't see it as cheating per se, but I don't feel its very honest.

...I might, might use something like this if I had more than one copy of the game or both versions. But I'd keep one completely legit. And as long as I only have one copy, I'm not going to use it.

Wait, is that for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? Does the same thing work for Black and White?

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 16, 2011, 07:06:38 PM
Hmm... I'm on the fence. I don't see it as cheating per se, but I don't feel its very honest.

...I might, might use something like this if I had more than one copy of the game or both versions. But I'd keep one completely legit. And as long as I only have one copy, I'm not going to use it.

Wait, is that for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? Does the same thing work for Black and White?

hey r u talking about the Action Reply pr cheating in general?

TheGameNinja

I was talking about what this topic is about.

Cheating with an Action Replay or Game Shark or whatever is cheating anyway you put it and I don't do it. Whether or not you do it is up to you and I don't mind if you do it (as long as you don't bring it into multiplayer). But I myself don't like to do it.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 16, 2011, 07:30:53 PM
I was talking about what this topic is about.

Cheating with an Action Replay or Game Shark or whatever is cheating anyway you put it and I don't do it. Whether or not you do it is up to you and I don't mind if you do it (as long as you don't bring it into multiplayer). But I myself don't like to do it.
oh well when i beat a game without cheats it gets boring after a while so then i use cheat codes