Main Menu

how 2 gf: dubiety

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 23, 2014, 04:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Whatever you want it to mean baby.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Haku, are you hitting on me?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 06, 2014, 03:06:07 PM
Many relationships start as friendships. Being someone's friend doesn't automatically lock you out of being a potential love interest.

never said it did, i said acting too much like a friend will make it so that they see you like a friend, instead of an intrest

Elija2

Quote from: Celery on September 07, 2014, 11:20:57 AM
never said it did, i said acting too much like a friend will make it so that they see you like a friend, instead of an intrest

What's the difference between acting like a friend and acting like a love interest?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 07, 2014, 11:41:52 AM
What's the difference between acting like a friend and acting like a love interest?

This.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 07, 2014, 11:41:52 AM

You can act like a friend but still be seen as a love interest, I mean don't white knight and expect a reward at the end of the day because "you're a nice guy". If you're friends with someone because you wanted to be in a relationship and you're stuck, then that's your fault. You presented yourself as a friend, instead of a partner. I mean, sure, you can be the person's best friend for years and get into a relationship with them, but it'll probably crash and burn because it'll be awkward to see your friend in that light. Life isn't some kind of Japanese weeaboo trash where if you confess you automatically get who you want to be with. I wish I could explain better, but the best way I can say it is be flirty as compared to being there for them always.

[sorry for the roundabout explanation]

Elija2

If you're white knighting someone, you're not really acting like a friend.

Being flirty with someone can be off-putting if they don't see you as a romantic interest. It can be seen as coming on too strong.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 07, 2014, 12:57:46 PM
If you're white knighting someone, you're not really acting like a friend.

Being flirty with someone can be off-putting if they don't see you as a romantic interest. It can be seen as coming on too strong.

yes and this varies between person, it's just how i see things and how it works for me, this isn't fact or anything. honestly i'm unintentionally flirty around females and i've only realized that now, it's also the reason why some people find me annoying also because i yell and scream a lot

really just be yourself as cliche as that is

Meme Master Flex

also i don't mean white knight like actually white knighting, i mean being too much of a friend

Elija2

Well Kyo, I hope you learned a thing or two on how to pick up girls from us random nerds on the internet.

Hakudamashi

We're not random, we're all buddies here.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

dreamcasthime

Quote from: Celery on September 07, 2014, 01:04:12 PM

yes and this varies between person, it's just how i see things and how it works for me, this isn't fact or anything. honestly i'm unintentionally flirty around females and i've only realized that now, it's also the reason why some people find me annoying also because i yell and scream a lot

really just be yourself as cliche as that is

^ This. Some people do require being kinda flirty, but just as many work out by actually building up as a friend. Nonetheless, as he said, just be yourself really. I didn't get Alex by just being obnoxious or acting like someone else. I'm just me and that's all it takes. If you have to act like someone you aren't to get a girlfriend/boyfriend, then they're someone not worth being with.