Fan made creation: uDS

Started by ganonmanz, June 03, 2009, 11:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganonmanz

I was asked by my IED teacher to make a product as part of my final project, and I came up my own version of the DS that I dubbed, the uDS (Ultimate DS) I just started working on it, so I don't have the top screen, or all the buttons yet, but I do have this much of the touch screen done:
(Lol, Megaman Starforce 3)
GBA Slot
SD Memory card slot
TWO game slots
It's going to retain the built in Wi-Fi, as well as have a USB port to put music, and videos on it. The SD memory card slot can be used in place of the USB port, although it's mostly there for homebrew. The 2 game slots allow you to switch from game to game without having to constantly turn off the DS, and it will also have the feature of returning to the DS menu without turning it off. I want to send this to Nintendo, in hopes that they might take it into consideration, but I want to know if you guys think it's good enough.
(Note: This is not built yet. I'm designing this on a program called "Autodesk inventor")

ShadowsOfSilver

The Meph's back in da hawz

SonicFan47

Dude, that is SA-WEET!
Question: Did you make that in ProDesktop? (I don't know if I spelled it right, but I'm pretty sure that's the name of the program.)
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Design

Good luck with your project. :P

shadowDOESrock

cool, but where are the other buttons?

at the top?  :o

ganonmanz

Quote from: SonicFan47 on June 08, 2009, 01:37:23 PM
Dude, that is SA-WEET!
Question: Did you make that in ProDesktop? (I don't know if I spelled it right, but I'm pretty sure that's the name of the program.)
Nah, I made it with AutoDesk Inventor.
Quote from: MewZero on June 09, 2009, 06:24:16 AM
cool, but where are the other buttons?

at the top?  :o
These pics are outdated, I've finished the whole thing.....but being the idiot I am, I forgot to take snapshots of the finalized thing! T_T

Skyle369

So your making your own version of DS?

If it is, thats awesome!

ganonmanz

Quote from: Skyle369 on June 10, 2009, 02:02:15 AM
So your making your own version of DS?

If it is, thats awesome!
Yeah, hopefully I can find some way to recover my files from my school computer with this one, because I'm not allowed on school property anymore. If I do somehow manage to get a hold of it, I will submit the snapshots to Nintendo as an idea that will hopefully be made for all of you to enjoy, although that probably won't be until this september....(It might be a birthday present for me :D)

ChaosDazer

witty sig caption

Dice The Wolf

Quote from: ganonmanz on June 10, 2009, 02:07:19 AM
Yeah, hopefully I can find some way to recover my files from my school computer with this one, because I'm not allowed on school property anymore. If I do somehow manage to get a hold of it, I will submit the snapshots to Nintendo as an idea that will hopefully be made for all of you to enjoy, although that probably won't be until this september....(It might be a birthday present for me :D)
So what, you're going to haxxzor the School proxy? /offtopic

Great project, BTW. On the finished, did you change it to a Matte coulor?

ganonmanz

Quote from: TJay Dragg on June 11, 2009, 04:02:48 PM
So what, you're going to haxxzor the School proxy? /offtopic

Great project, BTW. On the finished, did you change it to a Matte coulor?
Nope, I was kind of in a hurry, so I didn't get the chance to change it. And I WISH so badly that I could hack the school proxy. Hax for teh win!!!! :P

Dice The Wolf

ShadowsOfSilver

You don't has the DS anymore?

SuperSonic23

I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

ganonmanz

Quote from: Mephi.Kun on June 13, 2009, 12:09:16 PM
You don't has the DS anymore?
I have the Ds.....it's just in my school computer due to my idiocy :-\

ShadowsOfSilver

oof. Hope ya get the pics soon!

ganonmanz

Quote from: Mephi.Kun on June 15, 2009, 03:39:27 AM
oof. Hope ya get the pics soon!

Well, I'm sorry to say, but that won't be until september....

DX

wow, looking good.  only if such a thing could exist  :D

Mikey

BadnikHunter

Pretty cool man. Where would the other buttons go though?

ganonmanz

Quote from: BadnikHunter on June 25, 2009, 01:28:07 PM
Pretty cool man. Where would the other buttons go though?
As stated below, the currently shown pics are of the early stage, and the finished pics are in my school network, which I cannot access from my pc :-\ so I'll keep this topic unlocked until september, which is when I go back to school, and I can finally get some....

BadnikHunter

Quote from: ganonmanz on June 25, 2009, 01:35:02 PM
As stated below, the currently shown pics are of the early stage, and the finished pics are in my school network, which I cannot access from my pc :-\ so I'll keep this topic unlocked until september, which is when I go back to school, and I can finally get some....

Awesome, cant wait  ;)