Main Menu

Fears

Started by Zero Insanity, November 19, 2009, 04:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Insanity

Y'all know, something you have a fear of.

Me? I have a fear of Water. One time I was trying to learn how to swim, someone pulled me down to the deepest part of the pool (18ft), and I was stuck there for 3 minutes. I almost died until the life guard saved my life.
~ Official SSF2 Developer ~

My Badges
- Blue Badge of Skill

Dracoslythe

I don't have explanations.  I just hate these things;

water
spiders
heights
wires
ATVs (well, actually, I know someone who got decapitated because of one of these..)
vacuum cleaners
knives (yet I carry two and a razor around at all times...)
needles (yet I've been poked with them every day since I was 6 >_>)
and a few other things.  .-.

Zero Insanity

Quote from: Dracoslythe on November 19, 2009, 04:49:41 PM

water
spiders
heights
wires
ATVs (well, actually, I know someone who got decapitated because of one of these..)
vacuum cleaners
Knives and Needles are a NO in my book, too pointy. DX
~ Official SSF2 Developer ~

My Badges
- Blue Badge of Skill

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Zero Insanity on November 19, 2009, 04:55:37 PM
Knives and Needles are a NO in my book, too pointy. DX
Haha, idk why I carry knives around, but I'm Diabetic, so I have to have the needles.  DX

HMS7

im scaryed of

killing my friends and family
my dreams comein to life
loseing control of my karate skills and hurtin someone i love
fighting(but i am a purple belt in karate)
needles
guns
books
girls(just a little bit like .0000000000001% of my whole body)
and finally brake ups
behold I AM THE KNIGHT OF KUNCKLES

-Shadow-

I am afraid of

heights (only when I can see straight below)
spiders
the dark (not really afraid of the dark, just what could lie in it)

and that's all I can think of for now, I might post some more later

Gleech

Quote from: -Shadow- on November 20, 2009, 02:22:32 AM
I am afraid of

heights (only when I can see straight below)
spiders
the dark (not really afraid of the dark, just what could lie in it)

and that's all I can think of for now, I might post some more later
I agree with the Heights and Dark one...

I'm scared of heights in general.
I can get scared of the dark, since I play splinter cell games and they can really freak you out at night. XD (Though a government spy wouldn't sneak up on me in my home... but like the way someone would sneak up on me.)
I'm scared of wasps, ever since one flew in my shirt and stung me 3 times near the neck...
I'm scared of pain, I dont like to be hurt.
I'm scared of death too.

I don't have explanations.  I just hate these things;

water
spiders
heights
wires
vacuum cleaners
and a few other things.  .-.
Lol I dont understand how that would happen... and thats the reason you wear a helmet, too xD I use to drive ATVs all the time, my family has some property in Wisconsin (THE LAND OF THE TICK >:O), we use to drive them everywhere up there, and I do mean everywhere (Well, not someone else property, but the road). They finally made a law that YOU NEEDED TO HAVE A LICENSE TO DRIVE OUT OF YOUR PROPERTY... -_-, though, you can take a test for like a permit or something.

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Chaos Swissroll

I fear

Death
Frustration
Headache
Snakes
Cows/dogs who take dumps on the road
Retarded people without skill of aiming and with a machine gun
Falls
Snails/slugs

-Shadow-

I'm also afraid of snakes and very large crowds

General Echidna

I'm afraid of dogs. Haven't been near one for a while cause I got cats. No aparrent reason, just afraid of them. I also hate the dark.
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, who practices?

Gleech

Quote from: General Echidna on November 20, 2009, 11:36:25 AM
I'm afraid of dogs. Haven't been near one for a while cause I got cats. No aparrent reason, just afraid of them. I also hate the dark.
I hate dogs who jump on me and stuff, I'm a cat person, as well... I have 6 XD

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Gleech on November 20, 2009, 12:08:30 PM
I hate dogs who jump on me and stuff, I'm a cat person, as well... I have 6 XD
Wow, you got a huge pest exterminating team. :O

I fear

Heights
Awesome people
Chainsaws
jellyfishs
sharks
slimy things

HereAndThere

1.Needles (Bit a doctor for giving me a needle)
2.spiders. (Too...Many....Legs....)
3.heights.
4.staying under water for too long.
5.Dying.

Those are my tp 5 fears

Ioshyriku

I'm affraid of

heights
and poisoiness animals
people (I'm a shy person)

EchidnaPower

I hate snakes. I can't stand spiders. (Not common house spiders, I mean the real big ones that hide in trees and you walk into their web) I'm fiercely allergic to cats, so I get nervous when I see one. But if there's one thing I'm NOT afraid of, it's death. I'm not afraid to die.

I love Jesus! Do you?

-Shadow-

I'm also afraid of death, and also about what happens after you die.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: -Shadow- on November 21, 2009, 09:38:30 AM
I'm also afraid of death, and also about what happens after you die.

And why are you scared of such a thing?

I love Jesus! Do you?

-Shadow-

well, hmm... let's put it this way:
I'm really scared of what happens, but I'm kinda wondering too much about what happens after you die to a certain point to where I am somewhat afraid of it.
However, I shouldn't be afraid of it, because it's inevitable, and everyone must experience it.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: -Shadow- on November 21, 2009, 09:43:37 AM
well, hmm... let's put it this way:
I'm really scared of what happens, but I'm kinda wondering too much about what happens after you die to a certain point to where I am somewhat afraid of it.
However, I shouldn't be afraid of it, because it's inevitable, and everyone must experience it.

Yes that is true, but you shouldn't be afraid of it.

I love Jesus! Do you?

-Shadow-

Quote from: EchidnaPower on November 21, 2009, 09:44:53 AM
Yes that is true, but you shouldn't be afraid of it.

No, I should not at all. In fact, I don't have to worry about it, because I'm very young, and death is none of my concern at the moment.  :)

EchidnaPower

Quote from: -Shadow- on November 21, 2009, 09:48:33 AM
No, I should not at all. In fact, I don't have to worry about it, because I'm very young, and death is none of my concern at the moment.  :)

...That's not what I meant, death can happen at any time unfortunatly.

I love Jesus! Do you?

-Shadow-

Quote from: EchidnaPower on November 21, 2009, 09:56:02 AM

oh, true.... I could end up getting shot by a redneck sniper any moment, as long as I don't look like a deer.

Super Sonic Boom

Spiders
Extreame Heights (I like climbing something really tall & look down, but I'm totally fine with flying)
Drowning
Snakes (I had a really close encounter with one, so lucky I didn't get bitten by it)
Needles
Death (it's kinda obvious we should all fear it, I just fear my life ending just like that) O_O

EchidnaPower

Watching the replies pile up just shows me how alone I am on this forum.

I love Jesus! Do you?

-Shadow-

Quote from: EchidnaPower on November 21, 2009, 10:04:30 AM
Watching the replies pile up just shows me how alone I am on this forum.

lol same here.  Just 4 more posts till I reach vip.

Gleech

Quote from: EchidnaPower on November 21, 2009, 09:56:02 AM
The only time I'm really afraid to die, is when Satan (No, not the member here) puts the thoughts in my head that I'm not going to go to heaven, or that my family will be all upset, and I dont want them to be upset...

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Gleech on November 21, 2009, 10:17:28 AM
The only time I'm really afraid to die, is when Satan (No, not the member here) puts the thoughts in my head that I'm not going to go to heaven, or that my family will be all upset, and I dont want them to be upset...

Thank you! Someone who knows what I'm talking about!

I love Jesus! Do you?

hut667

I have fear in mostly everything scary.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on November 20, 2009, 02:47:31 AM
I fear

Death
Frustration
Headache
Snakes
Cows/dogs who take dumps on the road
Retarded people without skill of aiming and with a machine gun
Falls
Snails/slugs

I'm surprised I didn't reply to this thread. :P

Anyway I agree with some of the things in that list, for me. I have a phobia of snails and slugs, yucky slimey things. I also hate water I am always scared of drowning. That was because when I was 5 at a swimming pool some older kids thought it was funny to try and force my head underwater they were bullying me.

I don't mind heights as long as I am in something safe like a cherry picker (I am trained to operate cherry pickers.) I don't like ladders however. :-[

darkness shadow

death is inevitable, but we fear death less when we either A: die for a good reason (protecting some1), B: old age (ya kno it's comming soon) or C: ya live life 2 the full

i'm scared of: falling, not heights, falling, cause it might hurt XD (i'm used 2 pain, but i like 2 avoid it)

death and anything that could cause mine (such as guns, knives ect.) (obv)

and i get a little worried when i'm lost, due to my medical shizz

and recently i've stopped going swimming, it makes me feel a bit ill after a while, and cold
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

sonicmaddave

I just remembered what else I fear. I fear while I am driving along I run out of petrol. Thats why I always keep my eye on the fuel gauge and when it's quarter full I go fill up at the nearest station.

Chaos Swissroll

here's some more

Horror games(e.g:resident evil and silent hill)
things that pop up suddenly(cerberus dog from resident evil 1 breaking the glass, lol)
people swearing in a train, i can hear the noise through my earphones, nasty!

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 09, 2009, 03:34:31 PM
things that pop up suddenly(cerberus dog from resident evil 1 breaking the glass, lol)

Yeah, like "Saw: The Game"...I saw playthroughs of it, that stuff is true Saw material!

Random popping things also just really catch me off guard too, I hate that.

TheGameNinja

I'm friggin terrified of wasps/bees/etc.

Anything that flies and has a stinger. If someone offered me $1 million to get stung by a hornet, I would probably not do it. I would have to see the cash, no checks. Seriously, I scream like a girl when they come near me. I hate mowing the lawn because they fly around out there all the time in the summer.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 09, 2009, 05:57:53 PM
I'm friggin terrified of wasps/bees/etc.

Anything that flies and has a stinger. If someone offered me $1 million to get stung by a hornet, I would probably not do it. I would have to see the cash, no checks. Seriously, I scream like a girl when they come near me. I hate mowing the lawn because they fly around out there all the time in the summer.
I'm a bit afraid of bees and wasps, but when they appear the teachers just asks us to calm down, they somehow don't seem to affect me.
Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on December 09, 2009, 03:45:13 PM
Yeah, like "Saw: The Game"...I saw playthroughs of it, that stuff is true Saw material!

Random popping things also just really catch me off guard too, I hate that.

Well, here's one good example for a horror game startle.

Now you wouldn't believe that there aren't zombies in closets! :P
Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 08, 2009, 08:58:12 PM
I'm surprised I didn't reply to this thread. :P

Anyway I agree with some of the things in that list, for me. I have a phobia of snails and slugs, yucky slimey things. I also hate water I am always scared of drowning. That was because when I was 5 at a swimming pool some older kids thought it was funny to try and force my head underwater they were bullying me.

I don't mind heights as long as I am in something safe like a cherry picker (I am trained to operate cherry pickers.) I don't like ladders however. :-[
I was done the same before, it's just my brother. :(

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 10, 2009, 01:42:53 AMI was done the same before, it's just my brother. :(

I think it's sick how people do that, I can never go out to sea even though my dad has just got a boat to restore. :(

I also fear when I see those lights on my car when driving. :-[ (except the "BRAKE" light, that just means that I have the handbrake on).

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 10, 2009, 10:21:52 PM
I think it's sick how people do that, I can never go out to sea even though my dad has just got a boat to restore. :(

I also fear when I see those lights on my car when driving. :-[ (except the "BRAKE" light, that just means that I have the handbrake on).
Well I'm too young to drive so I never experienced that :P

But now I can swim! :D

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 10, 2009, 11:19:22 PM
Well I'm too young to drive so I never experienced that :P

But now I can swim! :D
I can stay in a swimming pool in the shallow end, kinda embarrassing and I am fine at the beach when I am very close to the shore, we have lots of shark attacks here which adds to my fear. :P

Well, my car didn't really break down or anything :P On a car, when you turn the key onto the ON position, those lights come on, and when you start the engine they go off after a few seconds. The 'BRAKE' light stays on until you turn off the handbrake. the other lights light up if you turn off the engine and go back to the ON position, or if the engine stalls. They also light up if theres a fault, ie the battery symbol lights up if theres a flat battery or the engine cannot charge the battery. :P

Popcorn Butter

Spiders, anything lurking in the dark, the dark itself isn't scary and I am also afraid of really loud noises (yeah ridiculous I know).

NiGHTS

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 10, 2009, 10:21:52 PM

O: i was out shopping with my mum and the light came on for "engine/ignition problems/failure" and i was like "mum theres something wrong with the engine" and she just tells me to shut up

and we keep doing that for 10 minutes and the next time we went to go shopping i was liek "mum get the freaking car fixed before it blows up and we are completely bijiggered >:C"

sonicmaddave

Quote from: NiGHTS on December 11, 2009, 10:04:29 PM
O: i was out shopping with my mum and the light came on for "engine/ignition problems/failure" and i was like "mum theres something wrong with the engine" and she just tells me to shut up

and we keep doing that for 10 minutes and the next time we went to go shopping i was liek "mum get the freaking car fixed before it blows up and we are completely bijiggered >:C"
D: my first ever car had a serious engine fault and when driving along it made a little beep, but I didn't think anything of it, and then out of nowhere was this massive BANG and some smoke was coming out of it I was so frightened the whole thing was gonna explode. >:U

Jordan teh Echidna

My biggest fear was when i was in Egypt. We were taking a coach across a VERY high narrow road on a SUPER high mountain. About right near the top, there was a car heading towards us and we had to go around it, we almost tipped off the EDGE!!!

My closest time to death was when i was like 7, i was in America and i was in a swimming pool behind the hotel i was in. I walked over to the deep end to get the stray beach ball but i slipped and fell underwater, and i floated right smack bang in the middle of the deep end (i couldn't swim at this time). My breath was running out and i could just barely see my dad slowly trying to run to me. Eventually i ran out of breath but i woke up in my bedroom and found out my dad CPR'd me.

One that was scary for my mum was, she was driving home after shopping, and my bro said "mum the car behind us had smoke coming out of it!" my mum told him to shush. Then he said "mu there's fire coming out the car!" she looked and saw it, then she drove REAL fast and my lil' bro was crying.
The car eventually exploded... xD
Pesterchum = sirJayden

ChaosDazer

A car exploded?

Pffft, so does that mean you saw it? I'd be pretty freaked.
witty sig caption

Jordan teh Echidna

Quote from: ChaosDazer on December 12, 2009, 01:39:21 AM
A car exploded?

Pffft, so does that mean you saw it?
I didn't see it but my mum, lil' bro and lil's sis did.
Pesterchum = sirJayden

ChaosDazer

=O
My biggest fear was when I fell into a deep end of the pool. I was about 5 and couldn't swim. I woke up in Hospital.
witty sig caption

sonicmaddave

Quote from: ChaosDazer on December 12, 2009, 01:44:52 AM
=O
My biggest fear was when I fell into a deep end of the pool. I was about 5 and couldn't swim. I woke up in Hospital.
Wow thats sad. :(

Water is my biggest fear. :( I don't mind swimming pools if it isn't too big, or beaches where its not too deep and when the water is calm however.

NiGHTS

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 14, 2009, 02:08:48 AM
Wow thats sad. :(

Water is my biggest fear. :( I don't mind swimming pools if it isn't too big, or beaches where its not too deep and when the water is calm however.

wow my biggest fears lightning and you love lightning

your biggest fears water and i love swimming O:

between the two of us we have everything sussed xD

sonicmaddave

Quote from: NiGHTS on December 14, 2009, 09:57:22 AM
wow my biggest fears lightning and you love lightning

your biggest fears water and i love swimming O:

between the two of us we have everything sussed xD
are we long lost relations or something? XD

Fiamonder

Uhm, to be honest, i cant remember anything that i find really scary, guess i'll just have to think..

I went on a vacation to Egypt when i was 7. I was already going into the water (sea) with my brother, and i saw some waves coming. Those waves became bigger and 1 became bigger then me, and i was gone (i couldn't swim). So i couldn't breath, i almost passed out, but i somehow managed to go back to the beach just in time. Everybody noticed that i was gone, but they didn't believe me. Im not afraid of water after that though. I love swimming :D

..but still, i still become mad if i think about it.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

jman

I fear being alone deep in the woods at night all by myself trust me there are things out there that will tear you lim from lim!

Who doesn't love Knuckles
1. He is cool
2. He is strong
3. He is brave

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: jman on December 16, 2009, 01:17:33 PM
I fear being alone deep in the woods at night all by myself trust me there are things out there that will tear you lim from lim!
Yeah, that's really scary.

Plus if you are in woods that have a lot of trees, you might die there as you run out of oxygen and trees don't give oxygen.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 16, 2009, 11:53:26 PM

Plus if you are in woods that have a lot of trees, you might die there as you run out of oxygen and trees don't give oxygen.
weren't trees the ones that change  carbon dioxid into oxigen? I was in the forest this summer and you can't see other things than trees there, and I wasn't sick or anything after then

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Ioshyriku on December 17, 2009, 12:01:07 AM
weren't trees the ones that change  carbon dioxid into oxigen? I was in the forest this summer and you can't see other things than trees there, and I wasn't sick or anything after then
I'm not sure, but I've heard that on the news.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 17, 2009, 12:02:57 AM
I'm not sure, but I've heard that on the news.
still I know that people can sufocate from to much oxigen

117EWAN

my mom told me to get the londry and take it to the londry room (i lived in a hotel a the time) so i was walking and i saw a man with a shiny thing in his hand heding to the front desk (were my mom was)  As i got done with the clodes i herd a gun shot and i looked out seeing the man walking my way,All i thout was
HOLY CRAP WHAT HAPEND OMG :o. I ran back in the londry room and shut the door 4 like a hour.

but later i found out that the man was just paying rent and the sound wasnt a gunshot

but it was still the scary thing i hav bean throw :'(

runegames

i think from exams

TranceRaver83

I'm afraid of what happens when we die.  There's so many possibilities, that it just screws with your brain when you think of it.

Only thing im physically scared of is walking down a dark alley at night. 

jkid101094

heights
Those.
Quotevacuum cleaners
May I ask why?

Also...the human mind scares me the most...wait...didn't I already post that here?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

im afraid of creepy-crawlies... i cannot lie.

but its the only thing, im not afraid of anything else really.

Taz

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 09, 2009, 03:34:31 PM
here's some more

people swearing in a train, i can hear the noise through my earphones, nasty!

Psh. I <3 horror games.

Anyways, Horses, the dark, monsters, killers, heights, etc etc etc.
I'm not afraid of death...I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Sonic360

well once I went to some log cabin in Alabama for vacation...my dad was driving and almost ran us out into the little lake that was beneath the cliff we were on.  Another time was when my mom was taking me to the mall, then some car came out of nowhere speeding, she stopped but then another car ran into us.  Ugh once my older cousin was trying to teach me to swim...then he let me go to try to swim by myself, then I sank, good thing I was in the 3 ft area...note that this happened just months ago

tommy

same here that is what im scared of too

classicboy

im zcared of the dark and zpiderz :o

donotdrop

spiders heights death and barney

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: donotdrop on March 24, 2010, 09:52:11 AM
barney

The terrible PURPLE MONSTER that is Barney! XD