Hardcore video editors, look right here!

Started by xSalashawty, November 29, 2010, 06:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSalashawty

I've edited with some Vegas(trials...:P)and WMM for a long time. Since I got bored...here's a topic for tips!
also, since I haven't used Vegas for a year, I might not be accurate at some of the tips I give for it.

Sony Vegas (10, the white one..)
I'm sure some of them will work on Vegas 9 or any other past ones..but don't quote me on it.
(If none of these work..then idk what to do..>3<)

Masking...uhm-doesn't remember how to do it, but search it on youtube if you want to do it- It adds an item from one clip to another clip or background. So if you want to have an anime character who's reading a book in her room onto a background full of stars..you can do that. There's the idea of masking..here's a few more tips

Chroma Keyer~
Have something on a colored background that you want on something else? Have a clip you want to layer on something else? Chroma keyer, aka greenscreener(XD) does that. Select the "Chroma Keyer" option and click on one of the choices(Not sure if the choice matters between pure and regular...)Then with the eyedropper, click color you want to make disappear or turn into the background or color you wanted. (Make sure this is on the SECOND layer, the first layer has to be your background)
=never tried out, but is possible: If you need to take out a few more colors, repeat the first few steps and select a different color=

Motion tracking:
yes..this..thing...>.< I have a feeling it's for moving stuff around. such as cutting out a strip from a colored background that's cut out from the pen tool then moving it around. Google for how to. I have no idea how to do this.. xD.

Particle Illusion
yeah. know how to do this.
Download PI..make an illusion with particles and stars and stuff. edit the kinds if you need to.Run an Illusion to preview.record it with fraps.add it to Vegas. Crop. Chroma Keyer the black part. (Reversing it is good when you want to keep it smooth when it goes to the next clip, but I suggest keeping it normal)

Transitions
you know how to use them. the best times  to use them are when you break a clip in 2, or have a small icon on a background you want it to be switched.

Flashing:
I'm not sure if this would work... but keep your orig clip in the first layer. Second layer: Colored small clips at the song's beat.

WMM

.10 second flashing.
timing is the key. although it lags, you got a fastpaced flash. there should be a time by your preview section. remember the last 2 digits. scroll onto the time and find .10 seconds after. (make sure you added a flash to your clip{s}) and split it. Look if you like the results. Don't like it? Undo the whole process or change the effects.

transitions.
You can shorten/make time longer. just drag out the transition icon thing on the clip shorter or faster.

Lyrics in sync.
Takes a little. If you're practicing this, try going for a slowpaced song then go faster after time. With your song ; make sure that your word is in sync when the word is said in the song. shorten or make the clip longer to fit the word. repeat. (best on basic title and subtitle) If you cant make it short enough to where wmm will allow it, add another word in it.

Audio in sync with the flashes on clips~
close up, see any audio pitch? add a flash onto the clip then split the part where the audio pitch changes -shot for not being descriptive-

that's all I even remember right now..

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Afro7hundr

Tanassy

Even though I already know all of this, thanks for writing it up, it'll be helpful for some! +1
Love ya~

xSalashawty

Cheers for the +1~

also, updating sooner if this topic is even worth it.

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Tanassy

Quote from: xKáyáh'sCátpirèty on December 02, 2010, 04:27:19 PM
Cheers for the +1~

also, updating sooner if this topic is even worth it.
fix'd

No worries, love.
And yeah, it's worth it.