Main Menu

Help Wanted

Started by werehog1, July 06, 2011, 01:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 09, 2011, 06:14:06 PM
The only thing I've every seen you do in that genre is SFB, and, a few of the things I learned about game development I learned via hacking. Hacking helps you understand how professional games work, which is no doubt an asset when programming your own.
Hacking gets you just as far, if not even not as far as modding. What you're looking through is finished, compiled code, not what was made to begin with. It teaches you how to mess around with something that's finished, not how to make a game. Besides, that may be all you've seen, but that's not all I've done.

jkid101094

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on October 09, 2011, 06:20:40 PM
Hacking gets you just as far, if not even not as far as modding. What you're looking through is finished, compiled code, not what was made to begin with. It teaches you how to mess around with something that's finished, not how to make a game. Besides, that may be all you've seen, but that's not all I've done.
And studying a finished product isn't a way to learn to build one?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 09, 2011, 06:37:02 PM
And studying a finished product isn't a way to learn to build one?
I study source codes when I don't know how to make something work, matter o' fact, that's how I got water physics under control.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on October 09, 2011, 07:21:37 PM
I study source codes when I don't know how to make something work, matter o' fact, that's how I got water physics under control.
Well, there you go, Tana. Hacking Pokemon taught me a bit about RPG Maker, too. I abuse the shit out of labels, now.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.