Epic name for a new planet

Started by XEPER8x8, December 08, 2011, 10:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XEPER8x8

As you all Should know they discovered a new planet. They named it Kepler 10B or something and that just dosent cut it for a name. They also did that to other extrasolar planets also. It just sounds retarded...plain and simple. i mean i cant picture futuristic people saying "Oh lets go to Kepler 10B for vacation". You see it dosent have pizzazz. We need something epic like Xerxes or Rhea or Eos. Somthing epic. Nothing to Syfy like Krypton or Zeltar or zion.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

I wish they discover a new planet they will name it Parma or Palma
or even Parum, even though it's a different planet,we all know SEGA just played with the original names 

Dracoslythe

The Irken people are watching us.

FlashTheHedgehog123

Someone will end up calling it Earth 2 if the world ever comes to an end and the rest of the population will have to find a new planet.
Hello!

XEPER8x8

Quote from: FlashTheHedgehog123 on December 08, 2011, 02:15:03 PM
Someone will end up calling it Earth 2 if the world ever comes to an end and the rest of the population will have to find a new planet.

Now ya see, Earth 2 sounds so retarded. I mean i like the name "Earth" but 2? come on...im not bashing you though, its just the fact that some idiot who found it would come up with that, and your right they would name the planet that too. They did say however that the new planet might be earth like. But they shouldnt name it earth 2 though. Something epic would be a good choice. They should name it Terra. Terra is the latin translation of earth, which sounds waaay better at least.

TheGameNinja

Chia Earth

...if you've seen that episode of Pinky and the Brain, kudos.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 08, 2011, 06:57:13 PM
Chia Earth

...if you've seen that episode of Pinky and the Brain, kudos.
Each post needs a like button.

TailsLover2010

Quote from: XEPER8x8 on December 08, 2011, 05:28:25 PM
Now ya see, Earth 2 sounds so retarded. I mean i like the name "Earth" but 2? come on...im not bashing you though, its just the fact that some idiot who found it would come up with that, and your right they would name the planet that too. They did say however that the new planet might be earth like. But they shouldnt name it earth 2 though. Something epic would be a good choice. They should name it Terra. Terra is the latin translation of earth, which sounds waaay better at least.

Bitch please,

Earth 2 sounds mysterious, so its a good name.

Terra sounds nice, but Earth 2 would be better because its fucking mysterious.
-No advertising in signature, please.

XEPER8x8

Quote from: TailsLover2010 on December 12, 2011, 06:58:31 AM

Bitch please,

Earth 2 sounds mysterious, so its a good name.

Terra sounds nice, but Earth 2 would be better because its fucking mysterious.

Tigga please,

That dosent make any sense. And heres why:

Naming the planet Earth 2, if it wasnt "mysterious", would have to be exactly like the Earth we all know. And I mean exactly like our Earth. Then it would make more sense to name it that. But astronomers wouldnt name it Earth 2, try Earth B. Astronomers dont use numbers for some reason. That Earth 2, or B, would have to be in another universe or dimension. Im not ragging on you either, just pointing out the fact that you said it would be mysterious therefore it should be named Earth 2, which dosent make sense because there wouldn't really be any mystery to it. it would be like exploring a clone of our Earth. Terra would make more sense because its a different name, therefore, a different earth like planet. Dosent have to be exactly like Earth (there can only be one exact Earth...in this dimension or universe anyway). It could have different continent shapes, sizes etc. Different creatures, plant life etc. Ergo more mystery. Not much more though... everything would be either a different color or shape or form or w/e, it would just look different in general...

Darkamyrose0x0

Supersonic196

TheGameNinja

TailsLover2010

Quote from: XEPER8x8 on December 20, 2011, 08:35:31 PM
Astronomers dont use numbers for some reason.

Kepler 10B

10 is a number.
-No advertising in signature, please.