CANCELLED: Sonic Chronicles 2: *Insert Sub Title*

Started by shadowDOESrock, October 06, 2009, 07:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megaboy567

QuoteThat is our name for the race, and we would be very grateful if you would all help vote for us!

You may want to know just how we came up with such a name. Well, it took hours of deliberation (actually a couple of days really) between all the staff here at Sega Nerds, all throwing several names into a hat and breaking them down. We laughed, we cried, I possibly wet myself, but in the end we came out alive and feeling like real men.

But most importantly, we all finally decided on "The Zoah."

The details were sketchy, but we were given some information from Sega about the race, which helped us to come up with the name:

* It is an Alien Race (Not a robot, nor from Earth)
    * It is a major enemy of Sonic's in the game
    * The race appears to be energy based
    * The right arm is a weapon that fires an energy blast (possibly electricity)
    * The left shoulder has a bit that sticks out and rotates, possibly to charge up the weapon on the other arm
    * The race is covered in a thick armour
    * The race is three times taller than Sonic and chums
    * Where the nose should roughly be is a single blue light - possibly a sensor, or a single eye
    * They appear to be a very advanced Alien race
    * On its back (you can't see here) the shoulders have a crystal each, pointing downwards
    * The heels (again you can't see) have a crystal each pointing upwards

Not only do we feel it sounds like the name of an alien race, but it is also slightly mysterious and any true Sega Nerd out there will know that "Zoah" is also the name of the forest in Panzer Dragoon Saga, so the name is an ode to one of the best RPGs ever made and (not to mention) a fantastic piece of Sega's history.

We aren't ones to bribe, but should we be chosen, I'm sure we can find some way of repaying our members/readers... Some sort of big contest could be in order, or several throughout the year... ;)

We really hope that you like the name we have chosen... Or at least enough to prefer it over the other entries!

The closing date for voting is March 15th. So please tell your family, friends, enemies and any animals with a talent for surfing the Internet to get voting for us now!!

[Update: Apparently Sega is experiencing some problems with their site right now. If you are trying to vote and the site is down, please try again later, as the site keeps going up and down. Thanks.]

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Shadowowns1121

SonicFan47

Quote from: megaboy567 on November 02, 2009, 11:49:32 AM
http://www.seganerds.com/2008/03/14/sonic-chronicles-naming-contest-vote-for-us/
...and your point is? From their site:

It says, "name the Alien race".
It's an article saying that the people who posted it came up with the name for the Zoah.
What in the name of Krypton does that have to do with the second Sonic Chronicles game?
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

[GM]Zerzavy

Yes!!We need this sequel,With better graphics please >:(.They should put silver in this :D

zune-the-hedgehog

in the words of ben crosshaw here is how I sum up my feeling for this: AHHHHUUAAABLAHHAUAHHHGGGG!  :P

megaboy567

Quote from: SonicFan47 on November 03, 2009, 11:03:26 AM
...and your point is? From their site:

It says, "name the Alien race".
It's an article saying that the people who posted it came up with the name for the Zoah.
What in the name of Krypton does that have to do with the second Sonic Chronicles game?
i dont know it says something about it.....and thats all i got

Lady Dunsparce

It. Will. Suck. Sonic Chronicles was a terrible game. I beat it the day I got it. !!!N. O.--- S. O. N. I. C.---C. H. R. O. N. I. C. L. E. S!!!

EchidnaPower

Here's an interesting thought. You know how Sonic and Knuckles was a lock-on cartridge? What if...they made a sort of lock-on game card! That way you could continue with the relationships you built in the first game. Like, if you were nice to Amy all the way through, and even got the Sonamy scene right at the end, you could continue improving the relationship through the second game!

I love Jesus! Do you?

Gleech

Quote from: EchidnaPower on November 20, 2009, 06:14:14 AM
Here's an interesting thought. You know how Sonic and Knuckles was a lock-on cartridge? What if...they made a sort of lock-on game card! That way you could continue with the relationships you built in the first game. Like, if you were nice to Amy all the way through, and even got the Sonamy scene right at the end, you could continue improving the relationship through the second game!
That would be awesome, but too bad no game company is awesome these days : (

This is why:

"HEY LETS MAKE A 2 MINUTE LONG GAME THAT COSTS $50! THAT WAY WE CAN RIP PEOPLE OFF!"
"OK LETS DO IT!"
*2 days later*
"HEY JOE, YOU DONE WORKING ON THOSE FAKE REPORTS ABOUT US TAKING 2 YEARS TO FINISH THE GAME?"
"YEP!"
"WOOOOOHOOOOO"
*2 years later*
"ITS EVERYTHING YOU'D EXPECT!"
*2 minutes of fail gameplay later*
Me: This game sucks >:I

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Gleech on November 21, 2009, 07:39:41 AM
That would be awesome, but too bad no game company is awesome these days : (

This is why:

"HEY LETS MAKE A 2 MINUTE LONG GAME THAT COSTS $50! THAT WAY WE CAN RIP PEOPLE OFF!"
"OK LETS DO IT!"
*2 days later*
"HEY JOE, YOU DONE WORKING ON THOSE FAKE REPORTS ABOUT US TAKING 2 YEARS TO FINISH THE GAME?"
"YEP!"
"WOOOOOHOOOOO"
*2 years later*
"ITS EVERYTHING YOU'D EXPECT!"
*2 minutes of fail gameplay later*
Me: This game sucks >:I

you dissin Square >=O
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kyoushu on November 22, 2009, 02:50:41 AM
dun dun duuuun.

>.>

now, lets get back to sonic chronicles 2
It has release date yet?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Gleech

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

hedgy

I'll play it, ofc, I'm a sonic fan so I'll play it!
But I dont think I will play it long.

A sonic RPG game sucks =| No speed, no homing attack, too different.

If they want something new. Why they dont make a sonic mmorpg. Full 3d, a 2d side scroller or a 3d side scroller! :D
Or just make a sonic adventure 3. :D