The "Fall" of Sonic Zone: A Story Based Stratagey Game.

Started by jkid101094, July 19, 2011, 07:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

"It was dark...I-I couldn't see very much but the lights coming from the tower. I was walking to my car and then-" A long pause of silence. A woman bursts into tears as she recalls the body of her only child who she had found splattered against the pavement near the Sonic Zone Tower the night before. Her husband attempts to hold her close but he too breaks into tears. After awhile the investigator leaves the two alone to their sorrows. This is but one of many similar stories concerning the tower, a place that used to be peaceful. A place where members of the community used to be able to sit around and chat together about whatever was on their mind. Now quarantined for investigation you and a group of friends who know the place well take a long elevator ride to the spinning disc of a building suspended hundreds of feet above the ground. However, danger lurks in the shadows. The murder stalks the many topics on Sonic Zone and if you incur his wrath, he won't hesitate to make you his next victim. Time is running out. Will you solve the case? Or end up as roadkill like the other victims?

Disclaimer: While the above gives a vague idea of the plot, do not take it as an an example of the flavor text. Writing on the spot is a lot easier for me when I'm not tired and later in the story I'll have many more ideas. Check the original topic for flavor text examples.

Remember that one game I did? Ya know? The story based one about the Gallows Tree? No? Let me refresh your memory.

If you were here on April 8th 2010 chances are you remember this game because it was random and unorganized, but, at the same time stood out (in my opinion) because there was nothing else like it on the forum. Well, after a bit of thinking about how I've been reviving old things lately and how I've been bored I figured I'd give newer members (Tobi, DFX, TGN, etc for starters) a chance to try the game out for themselves if they so choose, after all, writing the story was pretty fun for me and I hope it was equally as fun for you to read. Just in case it wasn't, though, I have a few changes in the rules:

~Rules~

1. A big problem last time was that I knew no one would join so I randomly selected members to participate. That and the original topic title, "Hang Man" was a big turn away, so this time I'll let players join in on the fun manually. However, you don't have to sign yourself up. You may sign up any fan character or original character of yours as long as it isn't a recolor that won't be interesting to read about. When I've decided that the topic has been inactive for long enough I'll begin drafting as many other players as I need. This is simply for the nostalgic value of the topic and I'll only be drafting people who I know won't mind (or none at all if we have enough). On top of this you may also sign up up to 3 characters which you will number based of your want for them to be in the story. In the event of a draft 1's will be accepted regardless, 2's will have priority over 3's and 3's will have lowest priority. The faster you post in this topic the more likely you are to get in all 3 characters. Members will be accepted at ANY TIME, EVEN AFTER THE STORY HAS BEGUN, however, 1's will still have priority and be accepted even if I deemed there was no more room. 5 members is too short, 15 is decent, 20 is excellent, 30 is a handful and 30+ is too many (but you won't hear me complain).

2. Personalities will be chosen upon sign up this time. The skeleton will include a personality segment for each character. This is so I can have an idea of how you want you (or your fan or original character) portrayed.

3. I reserve the right to deny your application if you are not well enough known. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not the kinda guy who kisses the popular kid's asses or doesn't like newbies, but I want to have fun writing this and the other players want to have fun reading. Sadly, it's a lot more fun to read about people we know really well then V.I.P spammers so if you come in like, "lol dud i wanna ply *signs up generic, recolor fc*" I'm going to respond with, "No, bitch. GTFO my topic". Should anyone convince me otherwise I will void this rule. BUT, so I don't feel bad kicking people to the curb, a minimum of 150 posts (or mod/admin status) is required to join up unless I state otherwise.

4. You may "move out of town" at any time. In order to play this game I'd like for you to be active and reading about your character, but it isn't required. In the event you start to get worried about the safety of one of your characters, don't feel you'll be active enough to read their parts, or just don't want him/her in the story anymore you may choose to move that character out. During the next night that character will pack up their bags and leave, avoiding all danger from there on out and a new character from the priority list will move in. You can use this to swap out a character if you feel he/she doesn't belong in the story. Moving out of town is the only time you may contribute to the story. You may address why your character chose to leave the building and other such manners.

5. The rules of posting are now void. You may post about whatever you want as long as it relates to the story, even if you have died. You may not, however, contribute any material to the story. The reason for this is simply nostalgic value. If enough members agree, I will consider moving this to the RP section and letting the survivors RP during the day, however, it may require a slight change of rules.

How to Play

For those of you who aren't familiar with how to play the game, each day you will be able to read two flavor texts. One which will be posted in the day and the other which will be posted during the night. The game will play out in real time meaning that at specified times during the actual day I will try to post a flavor text in this topic. The day flavor text will be posted when I wake up while the night flavor text will be posted at 10:00pm (US central time) or later. This story will play out a bit differently, however. While the previous one was planned from the start this story will play out and end solely depending on who dies on which nights. "Hidden Roles" will be distributed to each player upon sign up. These Hidden Roles will not be revealed to the player until the game is over, but will severely affect the outcome of the game and story.

How Deaths Will Occur ~Spoiler Alert~

Deaths per night will be chosen at random.

Every night I will use a random number generator. This will decide the number of deaths that night. All participants will begin the game with 3 "hit points". I will then grab the list of participants and use the number generator to reduce their hit points. Every time the generator chooses the number of a participant their HP will be reduced by 1. When they have none it's game over. At the start of the next day, however, every survivor will receive 1 HP, this way even people who took heavy damage the first night will have a chance to heal over time, thus, reducing their chance of death. This process will repeat until the games end. You current hit points will be hidden from you at all times in order to keep the game suspenseful.

Skeleton
Quote from: Skeleton
Priority (only one per character with no duplicates for each member):
Character Name (As will be addressed in the story):
Age (for reference sake)
Relatives (This one is self-explanatory. If a relationship is between two characters in the story it needs to be in both bios so I know everyone involved confirmed it)
Personality:
Backstory (Optional, may help me make the story better)
Description (Looks, race, etc):
Etc. (Anything else):

For the sake of my entertainment I will be throwing my characters Seth and Crystal in the mix. However, they will still abide by the rules and be able to die just like everyone else. I get two 1 priority characters 'cause I'm a fucking haxor. :P

1. Seth Erebos (1) (Skeleton: N/A)
2. Crystal Hart (1) (Skeleton: N/A)

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.