Main Menu

Awana

Started by EchidnaPower, March 05, 2010, 11:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EchidnaPower

A.W.A.N.A, which stands for: Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed.

Awana was founded as a youth program at the North Side Gospel Center in Chicago, Illinois, by Pastor Lance Latham and Art Rorheim. Their goal was to develop a program that would appeal to young people, reach them with a Christian message of salvation and grow them spiritually through biblical studies. Other churches heard about the success of the Awana program and asked if they could use it. By 1960, Awana had grown to 900 churches. Today, more than 12,000 U.S. churches have Awana programs and can be found in all 50 states. Outside the United States, Awana can also be found in more than 6,000 churches in 109 countries and six continents.

Awana has touched the hearts of children and families all over the world. With events like the "Returning Hearts Celebration". This uplifting annual, carnival-style day-long event unites children with their inmate fathers to begin the long road of breaking the cycle of crime through a legacy of hope in Christ. Returning Hearts events are held at several prisons around the U.S.

God has done great things through this program, and I pray that he will continue to do so.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Super Sonic Boom

I was in it for a little bit, just too much school got in the way.
AWANA was something I thought was a good apporach to teach children about Jesus and God with alot of peers around you. It was very fun for me for the short time I was in it and I liked it. :)

ECCO

You know I am in it EP.

Dracoslythe

I used to be in it when my ..."part-time(?)" church took part in it.
But my church is so skewed, they were like "yeah, AWANA doesn't follow our beliefs, so we'll get rid of it."

My church has a new youth program like...every year.  >.>