Anyone Willing to Help With Character Design? All I Need Are Ideas.

Started by jkid101094, September 20, 2012, 03:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So I'm screwing around with Pokemon Essentials and I am DEAD SET on getting some sort of game out. Whether it be one game or one battle. Either way I'm set on this. The only problem I'm having so far (other than getting used to coding and RPGMVX) is character design ideas. No matter how hard I think I only draw blanks. You don't even need to sprite them. It would be amazing if you did, though and you get fancy credits it the final version under sprite work~

I just need simple ideas for designs. A reference would be nice if possible but all I need is an outline. I don't need personalities, though. I'll be handling that. Any help is appreciated and will earn you a nice spot in the Special Thanks section~

My only guidelines are that all designs have to:

A.) Fit within' the Pokemon World. As cool as missing eyes, battle scars and elves are (hahajustkiddingelvessuck) they don't fit within' the Pokemon world. Normal humans only, please.
B.) The storyline requires the hero, heroine and rival to be very important, successful people and, therefore, must fit the part. This doesn't mean they have to wear fancy suits and monocles but they can't be broken and dirty either. Use Red, Hilbert, Leaf or other past Pokemon protagonists for decent examples.
C.) Going with the last one the characters should be around the ages of 16-18. You can become the league champion at an early age if you're good but I want some sign that these guys worked awhile for it. Also there may be minor adult situations (nothing too adult, I promise) that wouldn't work for a 10-year old.

Here's what I need;

1. Silent playable Hero character.
2. Silent playable Heroine character.
3. Male (F)Rival character. PM me if you need a description to go off of.\
4. Original Trainer Classes (this one isn't needed but if you're bored why not?)

Thank you guys for the help...if you give it to me, that is.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Quote from: Supersonic196 on September 21, 2012, 02:50:08 AM
So do you want sprites or what?
I WOULD like them, but all I need are ideas or an outline like I said in my post. I'm drawing a blank on creative character design and just need so ideas on what to sprite myself.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

I've used Pokemon Essentials 3 times in the past.
I would fucking LOVE to collaborate with a game like this, I just can't do it myself due to my bloody procrastination ;A;
Pesterchum = sirJayden

jkid101094

Quote from: Jordan teh Echidna on September 21, 2012, 06:37:08 AM
I've used Pokemon Essentials 3 times in the past.
I would fucking LOVE to collaborate with a game like this, I just can't do it myself due to my bloody procrastination ;A;
I'm just doing it because it has more freedom than rom hacking. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 21, 2012, 06:41:54 AM
I'm just doing it because it has more freedom than rom hacking. =P
Indeed~
I managed to get up to the second town, edit 5 pokemon in sprites, added loads of music etc.
Then college rofl.
Pesterchum = sirJayden

jkid101094

Quote from: Jordan teh Echidna on September 21, 2012, 06:45:46 AM
Indeed~
I managed to get up to the second town, edit 5 pokemon in sprites, added loads of music etc.
Then college rofl.
My hack doesn't have towns. In fact, I picked the project I'm doing specifically because it would require the least amount of work on my part.

Also I (sadly) can't edit Pokemon sprites because the pack I'm using has them animated but I prefer the animation to new forms.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 21, 2012, 06:53:15 AM
My hack doesn't have towns. In fact, I picked the project I'm doing specifically because it would require the least amount of work on my part.

Also I (sadly) can't edit Pokemon sprites because the pack I'm using has them animated but I prefer the animation to new forms.
as in animated like BW?!
When did they release that?

Oh nice, what's the general idea for your game then?
Pesterchum = sirJayden

jkid101094

It was a pack done by fans. It has all the 5th generation Pokemon too.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 21, 2012, 08:42:31 AM
Alrighty, thankies. x3
I couldn't think of anything either... :U
So I made me.

I guess I'll hand draw something, I find it's easier to make concepts by hand.

jkid101094

Thank you, 196. I honestly didn't expect anyone to make an actual sprite for me. x3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 21, 2012, 03:24:36 PM
Thank you, 196. I honestly didn't expect anyone to make an actual sprite for me. x3
I was going to make something original, but then I couldn't think of anything and made myself.
And yes, that hat is real. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/531462_10151084534774048_342986420_n.jpg