Main Menu

Ipod trouble

Started by XEPER8x8, December 24, 2010, 09:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XEPER8x8

I dont know if anyone ever posted something about ipods, but I am really having trouble with mine. I have a ipod classic (80 GB) and it is silver in color. I got it about maybe early November and it worked perfectly. However, starting possibly 2 or 3 weeks ago it started to pause on its own. Even when it was on hold. This happened every time i was walking outside, so I figured it was the cold weather that was doing this. Not exactly. I even tried to listen to it in my home and it still pauses. So i cross the cold off the list possible problems. So i look this problem up and some ipod forum said that it might be the headphones. My headphones are pretty old. I have had them for about maybe a year and a half. So i figure that probably is the problem. So i try my bro's headphones (Him and me use Panasonic headphones btw, the ones that go around your ear) and I dont know how long he has been using them. Not as long as me, as far as i know, and not even as much as i use them. So after untangling them, i give them a shot, and they do the same thing!? So i google this even more and i tried everything they said to do, restoring it, upgrading the firmware, rebooting it, depleting the battery and recharging it. And surprise, surprise, it pauses on every song. -____- So, i thought i'd give it a shot in the ipod radio, and it works perfectly fine. and everywhere else that docks it it works fine. So i guess it has something to do with the headphone jack or w/e. I have seen this as a possible problem. And i think that sounds like a big problem. Does that mean i have take apart the ipod and fix it? And risk breaking it even more? Cuase if thats the case than im gonna have to re sell it. (It is used btw, which could be a reason why the person sold it to me in the first place -___-)If that is not the case, and some one here knows my problem and has a solution that actually works, By all means, tell me!!! Cause I REALLY feel like breaking the piece of shit.

Skyle369

Try restoring your Ipod to default settings, if it doesn't work it must be the earphones...

XEPER8x8

But as I said before, i tried restoring it and it didnt work. Today i got a new pair of earphones and it still did that. I'm really outta ideas, i think i might just have to go through the hassle of selling it -___-

Tanassy

Quote from: XEPER8x8 on December 25, 2010, 08:22:02 PM
But as I said before, i tried restoring it and it didnt work. Today i got a new pair of earphones and it still did that. I'm really outta ideas, i think i might just have to go through the hassle of selling it -___-
Selling a faulty device?

No.

TheGameNinja

Take it to an Apple store. They'll probably be able to fix it. Or they might just give you another. My brother got water poured all over his and it stopped working completely. He took it to the Apple store and they just gave him a new one. You haven't had it long, so I'm sure they'd be able to do something.

XEPER8x8

Quote from: Neltharion~ on December 25, 2010, 10:00:34 PM
Selling a faulty device?

No.

Well i can sell it on ebay, for parts and repair or w/e.