Sonic Adventure 2 vs. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Started by jkid101094, July 21, 2011, 05:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer to play?

Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

jkid101094

So Tana and I won't spam up topics about this.

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 05:17:57 AM
SA2B is a load of bullshit. They messed up the physics, made the graphics look even worse, the increased framerate actually makes it lag more often, and oh look, a pointless new intro and multiplayer maps. Did I mention physics?

There's no problem with the psychics. That's your guy's problem with everything, Jesus Christ. I found no problem with the physics in any Sonic game so I see that as nothing but an excuse to complain. :P

The graphics look worse?

I have to disagree.

And I've NEVER had it lag on me. Your system must be shit.

And the multiplayer was way more neat and content heavy in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I don't call that pointless, I call that making the thing better. Not to mention the Chao Kindergarten even got more content.

I love you, but I have to say your opinion sucks.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Play SA2, grind on a rail.
Play SA2B, grind on a rail. Get completely unbalanced
Physics?
Play SA2, board down a hill and turn.
Play SA2B, board down a hill and tu- oops, your timing was off.
Physics?
Play SA2, use a ramp. -Flip- perfect landing, keep going
Play SA2B, use a ramp. Sorry, you were going just a bit *too* fast. You ran into a wall.
Logic?
Play SA2, get chased by a truck. Run down a hill.
Play SA2B, get chased by a truck, you got launched off the edge of the hill. Spindash to keep up, no sorry, you have to charge that.
Annoyance?

I do agree, SA2 was more "content heavy" MP wise. But Sonic isn't a multiplayer game. It's multiplayer isn't all that fun, it's annoying. Nobody likes kart racing. The levels are samey and unbalanced, the grindrail level is a pain.

The graphics look just bleh. They made the textures really bright, they messed around with the clipping. The models are really round. I never played the chao garden much so i have nothing there.

As for the framerate, it's completely invariable and slows down at times, even rather unnoticably. Sure it's higher and smoother but did framerate ever bother anyone? no. It also limits what they could have done with visual effects. Did I also mention the clipping?

I play one version then i play the other, and I will always call SA2 the "True" SA2

Remakes are meant to compliment a successful game. How does Battle compliment SA2?

SmashFinale

i see no damn difference between the two games besides multiplayer and chao garden differences...
im dead serious

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 21, 2011, 06:05:18 AM
i see no damn difference between the two games besides multiplayer and chao garden differences...
im dead serious
Not even the obvious aesthetic changes?

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 05:58:37 AM
Play SA2, board down a hill and turn.
Play SA2B, board down a hill and tu- oops, your timing was off.
Physics?
Play SA2, use a ramp. -Flip- perfect landing, keep going
Play SA2B, use a ramp. Sorry, you were going just a bit *too* fast. You ran into a wall.
Logic?
Once again, I've never had those problems. Either you suck, you remember incorrectly, or I'm Godly at the game. I'm polling for the second option. While my memory of SA2 is vague I do own both and I have to say I never noticed a difference outside the menu layout and graphics.

Play SA2, grind on a rail.
Play SA2B, grind on a rail. Get completely unbalanced
Don't touch the control stick. The problem only occurs if you play around with it and try to go faster. Just holding B works perfectly fine and keeps you at a decent pace.

Play SA2, get chased by a truck. Run down a hill.
Play SA2B, get chased by a truck, you got launched off the edge of the hill. Spindash to keep up, no sorry, you have to charge that.
You hold the button for one second, if that. It's not much of a problem unless you purposely don't let go. Then it's your fault.

I do agree, SA2 was more "content heavy" MP wise. But Sonic isn't a multiplayer game. It's multiplayer isn't all that fun, it's annoying. Nobody likes kart racing. The levels are samey and unbalanced, the grindrail level is a pain.
I recall the mutiplayer function in Sonic 2 being one of the most well remembered features. My cousins and I played the Sonic and Chao races for hours on end and had a shit ton of fun. Nobody likes cart racing, but the other modes make up for it. And the grind level is only a pain if you don't know how to grind, try to cheat or are mentally defunct. Even I have no problems with it. jkid has no problems with it.

The graphics look just bleh. They made the textures really bright, they messed around with the clipping. The models are really round. I never played the chao garden much so i have nothing there.
Clipping? And once again, those problems...I never noticed them. I don't nit pick my games, sweetie. :P

As for the framerate, it's completely invariable and slows down at times, even rather unnoticably. Sure it's higher and smoother but did framerate ever bother anyone? no. It also limits what they could have done with visual effects.
Once again, never noticed. You need a new Gamecube or something. Or a new disc. Oh, and did you just contradict yourself? If framerate never bothered anyone why the hell are you complaining about it? Maybe I'm just tired but I see something wrong there.

I play one version then i play the other, and I will always call SA2 the "True" SA2

Remakes are meant to compliment a successful game. How does Battle compliment SA2?
I did too, and have the exact opposite opinion.

And it made it better. It added the shit ton of multiplayer features. It fixed and brought the Chao Kindergarden back to life. It may have cut any online features but over all the graphics became better, the menus became neater, it had connections with the Gameboy Advance alone, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Advance 1 and 2 and Sonic Pinball Party. Ad don't start with the "they removed Big" argument because he's still in the cutscenes and no one likes him, anyway.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Why the hell would I not wanna touch the control stick? Balancing made you grind faster in SA2. Once again, motherfudgin' logic.

As for my little contradiction, well you just saw wrong. Noone ever complained about the original's framerate, and the remakes framerate caused more issues.

Like you said, you don't nitpick your games. That's fine. But there are some little things that get to me and i just don't know why.

Adding content isn't always a compliment. They barely polished the game and when they did, they broke it.
If you wanna see what a remake is meant to be like, go look at Star Fox 64 3D, for example.

I suppose we have nothing more to say. To finish, i don't give two hoots about big.

I love you jkid :3

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 06:42:27 AM
Why the hell would I not wanna touch the control stick? Balancing made you grind faster in SA2. Once again, motherfudgin' logic.
Same here, I just don't find any need to use it since just holding B is sufficient.

As for my little contradiction, well you just saw wrong. Noone ever complained about the original's framerate, and the remakes framerate caused more issues.
This is the first time I've heard anyone complain about either one.

Adding content isn't always a compliment. They barely polished the game and when they did, they broke it.
If you wanna see what a remake is meant to be like, go look at Star Fox 64 3D, for example.
I fail to see your logic. All I saw were improvements.

I love you jkid :3
Same here but I'm still not kissing your ass...metaphorically, anyway. *burned to hell*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 21, 2011, 06:48:24 AM
Same here, I just don't find any need to use it since just holding B is sufficient.
This is the first time I've heard anyone complain about either one.
I fail to see your logic. All I saw were improvements.
Same here but I'm still not kissing your ass...metaphorically, anyway. *burned to hell*
Stop stalling and come out back already Jkid. xD

..You think I'm joking?

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 06:49:47 AM
Stop stalling and come out back already Jkid. xD

..You think I'm joking?
...We can't discuss this here. >.> <.<
Sadly we can't take it to MSN, either. Oh, what do?...*shot*

*punts the spam*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 21, 2011, 06:52:41 AM

Sadly we can't take it to MSN, either.
Whyever not?

Umm....

I just realized that even though I hate grind race, I have a video of it on my channel..

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 06:57:29 AM
Whyever not?

Umm....

I just realized that even though I hate grind race, I have a video of it on my channel..
'Cause I still need to reinstall it...And Service Pack 2...and Platinum...dear God...

And I should try to record a speedrun or something. Just reinstalled Pinnacle Studio and I've wanted to record games from differentb systems for a long while.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

use eBuddy or something

Yes, that should be epic. i need to get a gamepad for my PC to start doing Sonic videos again.

epicwinning

i dissagree with the haters they will say constant things and in retrospect they know them selves that theres no real difference

Tanassy

I wouldn't say something if it wasn't true, or at least questionable.