Sonic Adventure 2 vs. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Started by jkid101094, July 21, 2011, 05:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer to play?

Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

jkid101094

So Tana and I won't spam up topics about this.

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 05:17:57 AM
SA2B is a load of bullshit. They messed up the physics, made the graphics look even worse, the increased framerate actually makes it lag more often, and oh look, a pointless new intro and multiplayer maps. Did I mention physics?

There's no problem with the psychics. That's your guy's problem with everything, Jesus Christ. I found no problem with the physics in any Sonic game so I see that as nothing but an excuse to complain. :P

The graphics look worse?

I have to disagree.

And I've NEVER had it lag on me. Your system must be shit.

And the multiplayer was way more neat and content heavy in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I don't call that pointless, I call that making the thing better. Not to mention the Chao Kindergarten even got more content.

I love you, but I have to say your opinion sucks.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Play SA2, grind on a rail.
Play SA2B, grind on a rail. Get completely unbalanced
Physics?
Play SA2, board down a hill and turn.
Play SA2B, board down a hill and tu- oops, your timing was off.
Physics?
Play SA2, use a ramp. -Flip- perfect landing, keep going
Play SA2B, use a ramp. Sorry, you were going just a bit *too* fast. You ran into a wall.
Logic?
Play SA2, get chased by a truck. Run down a hill.
Play SA2B, get chased by a truck, you got launched off the edge of the hill. Spindash to keep up, no sorry, you have to charge that.
Annoyance?

I do agree, SA2 was more "content heavy" MP wise. But Sonic isn't a multiplayer game. It's multiplayer isn't all that fun, it's annoying. Nobody likes kart racing. The levels are samey and unbalanced, the grindrail level is a pain.

The graphics look just bleh. They made the textures really bright, they messed around with the clipping. The models are really round. I never played the chao garden much so i have nothing there.

As for the framerate, it's completely invariable and slows down at times, even rather unnoticably. Sure it's higher and smoother but did framerate ever bother anyone? no. It also limits what they could have done with visual effects. Did I also mention the clipping?

I play one version then i play the other, and I will always call SA2 the "True" SA2

Remakes are meant to compliment a successful game. How does Battle compliment SA2?

SmashFinale

i see no damn difference between the two games besides multiplayer and chao garden differences...
im dead serious

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 21, 2011, 06:05:18 AM
i see no damn difference between the two games besides multiplayer and chao garden differences...
im dead serious
Not even the obvious aesthetic changes?

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 05:58:37 AM
Play SA2, board down a hill and turn.
Play SA2B, board down a hill and tu- oops, your timing was off.
Physics?
Play SA2, use a ramp. -Flip- perfect landing, keep going
Play SA2B, use a ramp. Sorry, you were going just a bit *too* fast. You ran into a wall.
Logic?
Once again, I've never had those problems. Either you suck, you remember incorrectly, or I'm Godly at the game. I'm polling for the second option. While my memory of SA2 is vague I do own both and I have to say I never noticed a difference outside the menu layout and graphics.

Play SA2, grind on a rail.
Play SA2B, grind on a rail. Get completely unbalanced
Don't touch the control stick. The problem only occurs if you play around with it and try to go faster. Just holding B works perfectly fine and keeps you at a decent pace.

Play SA2, get chased by a truck. Run down a hill.
Play SA2B, get chased by a truck, you got launched off the edge of the hill. Spindash to keep up, no sorry, you have to charge that.
You hold the button for one second, if that. It's not much of a problem unless you purposely don't let go. Then it's your fault.

I do agree, SA2 was more "content heavy" MP wise. But Sonic isn't a multiplayer game. It's multiplayer isn't all that fun, it's annoying. Nobody likes kart racing. The levels are samey and unbalanced, the grindrail level is a pain.
I recall the mutiplayer function in Sonic 2 being one of the most well remembered features. My cousins and I played the Sonic and Chao races for hours on end and had a shit ton of fun. Nobody likes cart racing, but the other modes make up for it. And the grind level is only a pain if you don't know how to grind, try to cheat or are mentally defunct. Even I have no problems with it. jkid has no problems with it.

The graphics look just bleh. They made the textures really bright, they messed around with the clipping. The models are really round. I never played the chao garden much so i have nothing there.
Clipping? And once again, those problems...I never noticed them. I don't nit pick my games, sweetie. :P

As for the framerate, it's completely invariable and slows down at times, even rather unnoticably. Sure it's higher and smoother but did framerate ever bother anyone? no. It also limits what they could have done with visual effects.
Once again, never noticed. You need a new Gamecube or something. Or a new disc. Oh, and did you just contradict yourself? If framerate never bothered anyone why the hell are you complaining about it? Maybe I'm just tired but I see something wrong there.

I play one version then i play the other, and I will always call SA2 the "True" SA2

Remakes are meant to compliment a successful game. How does Battle compliment SA2?
I did too, and have the exact opposite opinion.

And it made it better. It added the shit ton of multiplayer features. It fixed and brought the Chao Kindergarden back to life. It may have cut any online features but over all the graphics became better, the menus became neater, it had connections with the Gameboy Advance alone, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Advance 1 and 2 and Sonic Pinball Party. Ad don't start with the "they removed Big" argument because he's still in the cutscenes and no one likes him, anyway.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Why the hell would I not wanna touch the control stick? Balancing made you grind faster in SA2. Once again, motherfudgin' logic.

As for my little contradiction, well you just saw wrong. Noone ever complained about the original's framerate, and the remakes framerate caused more issues.

Like you said, you don't nitpick your games. That's fine. But there are some little things that get to me and i just don't know why.

Adding content isn't always a compliment. They barely polished the game and when they did, they broke it.
If you wanna see what a remake is meant to be like, go look at Star Fox 64 3D, for example.

I suppose we have nothing more to say. To finish, i don't give two hoots about big.

I love you jkid :3

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 06:42:27 AM
Why the hell would I not wanna touch the control stick? Balancing made you grind faster in SA2. Once again, motherfudgin' logic.
Same here, I just don't find any need to use it since just holding B is sufficient.

As for my little contradiction, well you just saw wrong. Noone ever complained about the original's framerate, and the remakes framerate caused more issues.
This is the first time I've heard anyone complain about either one.

Adding content isn't always a compliment. They barely polished the game and when they did, they broke it.
If you wanna see what a remake is meant to be like, go look at Star Fox 64 3D, for example.
I fail to see your logic. All I saw were improvements.

I love you jkid :3
Same here but I'm still not kissing your ass...metaphorically, anyway. *burned to hell*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 21, 2011, 06:48:24 AM
Same here, I just don't find any need to use it since just holding B is sufficient.
This is the first time I've heard anyone complain about either one.
I fail to see your logic. All I saw were improvements.
Same here but I'm still not kissing your ass...metaphorically, anyway. *burned to hell*
Stop stalling and come out back already Jkid. xD

..You think I'm joking?

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 06:49:47 AM
Stop stalling and come out back already Jkid. xD

..You think I'm joking?
...We can't discuss this here. >.> <.<
Sadly we can't take it to MSN, either. Oh, what do?...*shot*

*punts the spam*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 21, 2011, 06:52:41 AM

Sadly we can't take it to MSN, either.
Whyever not?

Umm....

I just realized that even though I hate grind race, I have a video of it on my channel..

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on July 21, 2011, 06:57:29 AM
Whyever not?

Umm....

I just realized that even though I hate grind race, I have a video of it on my channel..
'Cause I still need to reinstall it...And Service Pack 2...and Platinum...dear God...

And I should try to record a speedrun or something. Just reinstalled Pinnacle Studio and I've wanted to record games from differentb systems for a long while.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

use eBuddy or something

Yes, that should be epic. i need to get a gamepad for my PC to start doing Sonic videos again.

epicwinning

i dissagree with the haters they will say constant things and in retrospect they know them selves that theres no real difference

Tanassy

I wouldn't say something if it wasn't true, or at least questionable.

SuperWind

Hope you guys are having fun on the Sonic Zone!
                 WHERE FUN IS NEVER DONE!

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

The_Legend_Chao

Sry for my bad english.

philip

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm SOnic ADventure 2 :Battle is better 15/50

24kben

I think most people's problems stem from using emulators on varying performance PC's.

Sonic Adventure 2/Battle is my favorite sonic game of all time. So I've searched far and near for any possible methods to play it. And played through the whole thing on different systems many times.

I've played Sonic Adventure 2 on a real Dreamcast
And Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on a real GameCube

The main difference I saw in the actual storyline gameplay was that switching from gamecube to dreamcast the controls were different. Not just layout which is obvious. But the sensitivity of the analog sticks, the way the buttons feel and all that go into effect. Basically it's the same game, but with a different piece of plastic in your hand and slightly different methods of being rendered and interacted with on-screen. But since it looks and sounds almost IDENTICAL it's very hard to have even the slightest change.

I played SA2B many times through a few years back. And had no problems with physics. My biggest problem was, of course, camera angles.

Moving to the dreamcast proved a tough task to get used to. at first I couldn't even complete City Escape without dying. It has a lot to do with those tiny differences mainly caused by different hardware rendering the graphics and controls in your hands.

All that being said SA2B has more multiplayer and extras making it slightly more long-lasting to the player. But for the truly hardcore sonic fanboy nothing beats playing sonic's last game on sega's last system. it's magical and sad. But for practicality playing on the GC makes more sense because you get more from the same game.

...But, it's Nintendo's hardware. Not SEGA's. And to those of us who grew up on the Genesis, firmly believing that Sega does what Nintendon't.. it's still hard to accept that Sega's mascot is fooling around with Mario's system.

Tanassy

Being a Nintendo fan myself, isn't that a little odd? xD

One less piece of hardware for me to buy I guess. The funny thing is though when you use the same controller on both games and they still react in different ways. What you say is right though, indubitably.

Supersonic196

Well, owning both systems, and both games, I can say I enjoyed the Dreamcast is better for singleplayer,
partly because of the hardware itself, and partly because that's what I grew up on,
but when it comes to multiplayer, the GameCube wins hands down.

It's like Sonic Adventure vs SADX, while the same in general design, the original SA
will always trump SADX, because of the small differences.

Tanassy

Given that I didn't like the multiplayer/ hardly had anyone to play with, I think I have a fair reason to think what I think.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 06:26:17 AM
Given that I didn't like the multiplayer/ hardly had anyone to play with, I think I have a fair reason to think what I think.
Oh dear, you need to find someone to play with, multiplayer on the GC is a fantastic romp. I still play it to this day.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 06:26:17 AM
How can you judge local muliplayer if you had no one to play with!?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Didn't you read what I wrote? I judge it based on what I have played. But given I "Don't like it" and "hardly (don't usually?) have someone to play with", I don't need to take it into account to the better game.

Hakudamashi

I didn't know there was a difference until today...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

jacobsclub72

SA2 was better than SA2B because there were more Big The Cat Places.

Juderter

sa2b was better for the chao world...different areas there too....ntm that there were more playable characters...
did someone say Thunderfury: Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?

Shadow84786

SA2B you can transfer your chao to your GBA (Sonic Advanced 1 required)

jkid101094

Quote from: Shadow84786 on September 21, 2011, 10:53:14 AM
SA2B you can transfer your chao to your GBA (Sonic Advanced 1 required)
HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BACK.

And nope, you only need SA1 to save your Chao. Not using the game will create a Chao Copy which you can exploit to clone your chao.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

JJSonicShadow

I'm guessing sega actually wanted you to get unbalanced sometimes, because it would be more realistic? SA2B's truck can be alittle annoying, but not to bad, isn't SA2B suppost to be an upgrade of SA2?
My special secret fourm, please join and post!!!     http://jjsonicshadow.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=50c45c34e0ed962d35f7f4074963a7a9
JJSonicShadow

YOUTUBE KingDominoF

Sonicsdimas

Stritix

Apart from more multiplayer stages, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle doesn't have any more content. It has just taken Sonic Adventure 2's DLC and thrown it into the disc. Sonic Adventure 2 also has much better and bigger Chao Gardens, playable Big, Big cameos, and more solid framerate, is faster, and also has a special 'smoothing' option enabled. It also has more sound effects, and better looking character models.

Darth.Flipyap

I like both of the games equally, but I love the Chao System in SA2B. The only bad thing is that they made the garden's  are much smaller than SA2
D.Flipyap

SonicEnzoRue

I never played either one. I always thought both were the exact same.

Green Mii

I've only played SA2B, so I supposed I'm biased. But, I never got the chance to play the originals of any of Sonic games which were originally on Sega's consoles.  :'( But, I really like SA2B anyways, and if others say the original is better, well, I suppose I can imagine, right?

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Darth.Flipyap on September 11, 2012, 04:54:03 PM
I like both of the games equally, but I love the Chao System in SA2B. The only bad thing is that they made the garden's  are much smaller than SA2

i agree with darth because i love the chao system too

SirnaqTheEchidna

I honestly like both of them. But, SA2B is better. They added things that made the game better, especially the upgrade to the chao garden. I spent most of my time in there :)
... and with that, the forgotten echidna, the other guardian of Angel Island, set off to find Knuckles. :P

Darth.Flipyap

Wow... So much arguing over points of view. Personally, I like SA2B and SA2HD simply because of the upgraded multiplayer and Chao systems.
D.Flipyap

Green Mii

Quote from: Darth.Flipyap on January 12, 2013, 01:56:44 PM
Wow... So much arguing over points of view. Personally, I like SA2B and SA2HD simply because of the upgraded multiplayer and Chao systems.
Pretty much all arguments are over opinions.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Darth.Flipyap on January 12, 2013, 01:56:44 PM

thats what i said but there was a chao kindergarten in the original SA2 game in the dreamcast version too

Darth.Flipyap

That's a tough one. the original has faster loadtime and audio synchronisation, but Battle's Chao features are just AWESOME! Plus I liked having the extra multiplayer characters unlocked from the start(Chao Walkers need to come back! :D).
D.Flipyap