Sonic Adventure 2 vs. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Started by jkid101094, July 21, 2011, 05:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer to play?

Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

SuperWind

Hope you guys are having fun on the Sonic Zone!
                 WHERE FUN IS NEVER DONE!

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

The_Legend_Chao

Sry for my bad english.

philip

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm SOnic ADventure 2 :Battle is better 15/50

24kben

I think most people's problems stem from using emulators on varying performance PC's.

Sonic Adventure 2/Battle is my favorite sonic game of all time. So I've searched far and near for any possible methods to play it. And played through the whole thing on different systems many times.

I've played Sonic Adventure 2 on a real Dreamcast
And Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on a real GameCube

The main difference I saw in the actual storyline gameplay was that switching from gamecube to dreamcast the controls were different. Not just layout which is obvious. But the sensitivity of the analog sticks, the way the buttons feel and all that go into effect. Basically it's the same game, but with a different piece of plastic in your hand and slightly different methods of being rendered and interacted with on-screen. But since it looks and sounds almost IDENTICAL it's very hard to have even the slightest change.

I played SA2B many times through a few years back. And had no problems with physics. My biggest problem was, of course, camera angles.

Moving to the dreamcast proved a tough task to get used to. at first I couldn't even complete City Escape without dying. It has a lot to do with those tiny differences mainly caused by different hardware rendering the graphics and controls in your hands.

All that being said SA2B has more multiplayer and extras making it slightly more long-lasting to the player. But for the truly hardcore sonic fanboy nothing beats playing sonic's last game on sega's last system. it's magical and sad. But for practicality playing on the GC makes more sense because you get more from the same game.

...But, it's Nintendo's hardware. Not SEGA's. And to those of us who grew up on the Genesis, firmly believing that Sega does what Nintendon't.. it's still hard to accept that Sega's mascot is fooling around with Mario's system.

Tanassy

Being a Nintendo fan myself, isn't that a little odd? xD

One less piece of hardware for me to buy I guess. The funny thing is though when you use the same controller on both games and they still react in different ways. What you say is right though, indubitably.

Supersonic196

Well, owning both systems, and both games, I can say I enjoyed the Dreamcast is better for singleplayer,
partly because of the hardware itself, and partly because that's what I grew up on,
but when it comes to multiplayer, the GameCube wins hands down.

It's like Sonic Adventure vs SADX, while the same in general design, the original SA
will always trump SADX, because of the small differences.

Tanassy

Given that I didn't like the multiplayer/ hardly had anyone to play with, I think I have a fair reason to think what I think.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 06:26:17 AM
Given that I didn't like the multiplayer/ hardly had anyone to play with, I think I have a fair reason to think what I think.
Oh dear, you need to find someone to play with, multiplayer on the GC is a fantastic romp. I still play it to this day.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 06:26:17 AM
How can you judge local muliplayer if you had no one to play with!?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Didn't you read what I wrote? I judge it based on what I have played. But given I "Don't like it" and "hardly (don't usually?) have someone to play with", I don't need to take it into account to the better game.

Hakudamashi

I didn't know there was a difference until today...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay