A possible ban for games:Boy Shot Parents Because They Took Video Games Away

Started by Hakudamashi, January 15, 2009, 01:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

hes that retard that is trying to ban video games search him you'll get much more info
:P XD place signature here XD :P

Tixxy

Quote from: windlessusher on January 15, 2009, 01:37:14 PM
Yeah,I found this.....
Daniel Petric shot his parents because they wouldn't allow him to play the violent video game Halo 3, prosecutors told a judge at the boy's murder trial Monday.

The trial, on charges of murder and attempted murder, opened Monday for Petric, 17, of Brighton Township. He is being tried without a jury before Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty because of Petric's age.

In September 2007, Daniel, then 16, had sneaked out of his bedroom window to purchase the game at a store against his father's orders. When he returned home, his parents caught him with the game and took it from him. About a month later, Daniel used his father's key to open the lockbox and remove the gun and the game.

Mark Petric, who is a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, testified that before the shooting on Oct. 20, 2007, his then-16-year-old son came into the room with a question:

"Would you guys close your eyes," Daniel Petric asked. "I have a surprise for you."

Mark Petric said he expected a pleasant surprise. The next thing he knew, his head went numb. He had been shot in the head. Susan Petric, 43, died of gunshot wound to the head.

He said the next thing he remembers is his son shoving the gun in his hand and saying, "Hey Dad, here's your gun. Take it."

Mark Petric was allowed to visit his son in jail over the past year. He said his son has apologized. "Dad, I'm so sorry for what I did to Mom, to you and to the family," Daniel Petric said, according to his father. "I'm so glad you are alive."

"You're my son," Mark Petric responded. "You're my boy." Mark Petric said his son told him he could hardly live with the guilt over what he did.

Daniel Petric's lawyers also gave a short opening statement to the judge. They said their client had been under great stress because of a snowboarding accident that resulted in a severe staph infection.

After I read this tragic story, I speechless. I don't know what to say, is it society's fault, or else? Should we blame games? Some people said the core issue here is simply the gun; others said what really caused this was the kid's psychological problems, in the wrong state of mind anyone is capable of the unthinkable. That's indeed a very tragic story, but anyhow, the fact that the father can forgive his boy for what he had done is a strong testament to the power of both family and forgiveness.

Actual article ----->http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-12-16/20081216070338758.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT,now the media and OUR parents are gonna use this as a reason to BAN video games
So much for KH3  :'(

No, this is what you get for having those games like GTA that show kids how to do this stuff, and why didnt the parents keep the key in a descreet location. Some kids are crazy, and the parents don't know so they buy violent games and this is what it turns into. Kids going a little coocoo and not realizing what they are doing until they follow through.

Post Merge: April 24, 2009, 10:49:32 PM

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 11, 2009, 04:37:42 AM
similar story,

A 5-year-old boy stabbed his 10-year-old sister because she didn't want to give him her Nintendo DS. Her mother, who has sole custody of the children, was sleeping at the time and was alerted by her daughter's screams.

The girl is still at the hospital, but she's not in mortal danger. The boy is aware of what he's done. He said to the police that his sister didn't want to give hime her Nintendo DS, and that he thought the knife was a toy. I've also read that he apparently likes the game "Power Rangers", in which the characters (alledgely) throw knives.

The mother of the 2 children has been raising them since the father abandoned them and fled to Albania. According to her, he was violent to the point of hitting her. She works at night to raise her children, and while she's at work, her brother and her niece babysit them.

heres the article http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/03/02/report-5-year-old-stabs-sister-over-nintendo-ds

Ehh, well the boy thought the knife was a toy, and when I was a kid I never saw Power Rangers throw knifes. O.O when did they add this in????

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Quote from: windlessusher on March 26, 2009, 03:14:32 PM
ok u need to calm down O_O

you do realize that i was calm. lawlz, people misunderstand me it more ways
then imagine-able. MOAR LAWLZ

Design

Wow...a kid shot his parents only because his parents didn't let him play Halo 3? Man, he's dumb.

superhedgehog4

i barely play violent games i only play sonic games or racing games

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

Super Sonic Boom

The most violent video game I own is like Super Smash Bros Brawl! :D

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

skyrus5150

but that is cartoon violence.. and besides.. there isnt any blood.

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

HereAndThere

Quote from: kilerdad on May 26, 2009, 06:33:25 PM
but that is cartoon violence.. and besides.. there isnt any blood.
true but it oes for ppl who play it they think it doesnt hurt others and start to hit em so much they start bleeding

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd