Where did Sonic go Wrong?

Started by SonicFan47, March 03, 2009, 07:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 03:38:49 AM
ppl can't realize the epicness of Sonic the Hedgehog
its not all about Games ya know :P
I agree with you, but could you please explain?
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 29, 2009, 02:32:32 PM
I agree with you, but could you please explain?
ppl only focus on Sonic's games and say he must die
Nobody cares about the comics,the 3 cartoons,or the 1 anime
just his games -_-"
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

darkness shadow

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 02:46:32 PM
ppl only focus on Sonic's games and say he must die
Nobody cares about the comics,the 3 cartoons,or the 1 anime
just his games -_-"
well, games is where he started, some people consider them as mear spin-offs, but one day, if people keep hating him like they are, he's gonna have to resort to one of them to keep sonic goin, he'll never truely die out...
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultrashadow on March 30, 2009, 05:15:49 AM
well, games is where he started, some people consider them as mear spin-offs, but one day, if people keep hating him like they are, he's gonna have to resort to one of them to keep sonic goin, he'll never truely die out...
Therefore only Sonic fans can enjoy Sonic  :D
WE WIN
THEY LOSE!
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 30, 2009, 11:30:33 AM
Therefore only Sonic fans can enjoy SonicĀ  :D
WE WIN
THEY LOSE!
I find it funny that the reviewers criticize the fans saying that "you've let a lot of bad games go", but if you think about it the people who buy the games the most (and most often) are none other than THE FANS!
Again proving that, quote
Quote from: windlessusher on March 30, 2009, 11:30:33 AM
WE WIN
THEY LOSE!
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 30, 2009, 11:37:45 AM
I find it funny that the reviewers criticize the fans saying that "you've let a lot of bad games go", but if you think about it the people who buy the games the most (and most often) are none other than THE FANS!
Again proving that, quote
uuuummmm.....what?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 30, 2009, 11:39:54 AM
uuuummmm.....what?
The fans are who keep Sonic alive.
Always have, always will.
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 30, 2009, 11:55:36 AM
The fans are who keep Sonic alive.
Always have, always will.
true...you know WHAT?

Sonic the Hedgehog,is like a baby of overprotective parents.
When Sonic was born he was the #1 star everyone wanted,he did everything his parents(genesis junkies for future reference) wanted,and they were pleased.
But as Sonic grew up,he wanted to try new things,become different kinds of heroes in society,and be do more that 1 thing to be remembered for.He wanted to spread his wings and be more than just a sidescrolling mute animal that jumps.
But his intentions angered the parents,they wanted hm to stay as their little pleasing star for as long as they live...never changing....a long boring life.So with continuous yelling,shouting and rants,they try their hardest to keep their son to grow up to what they WANT him to be.
But his uncles&aunts(us)supported his idea to branch out,and with the kind words and enthusiasm,he carried on with his journey to be all the things he wants to be.
But now that he has carried on with his dream,his parents no longer accept him into their home of Genesis  land,and continue to try to convince him that he's making a big mistake and to come back under their rules.
But Sonic flicks them off and comes under our catering wing,where he can grow up and live the life HE wants.

.....what did I just say?  ???
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 30, 2009, 12:11:21 PM
true...you know WHAT?

Sonic the Hedgehog,is like a baby of overprotective parents.
When Sonic was born he was the #1 star everyone wanted,he did everything his parents(genesis junkies for future reference) wanted,and they were pleased.
But as Sonic grew up,he wanted to try new things,become different kinds of heroes in society,and be do more that 1 thing to be remembered for.He wanted to spread his wings and be more than just a sidescrolling mute animal that jumps.
But his intentions angered the parents,they wanted hm to stay as their little pleasing star for as long as they live...never changing....a long boring life.So with continuous yelling,shouting and rants,they try their hardest to keep their son to grow up to what they WANT him to be.
But his uncles&aunts(us)supported his idea to branch out,and with the kind words and enthusiasm,he carried on with his journey to be all the things he wants to be.
But now that he has carried on with his dream,his parents no longer accept him into their home of Genesis  land,and continue to try to convince him that he's making a big mistake and to come back under their rules.
But Sonic flicks them off and comes under our catering wing,where he can grow up and live the life HE wants.

.....what did I just say?  ???
I gotcha.
So basically, Sonic moved out of the house, but we pay his rent.
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 30, 2009, 12:17:54 PM
I gotcha.
So basically, Sonic moved out of the house, but we pay his rent.
but its well worth it  :D
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

KevChaos86

I agree that the Sonic-hating bandwagon really needs to stop, but I do find it damned hard to like most post-SA2 Sonics. I know it's just idiot ignorance, but hearing all these bad reviews of the newer games has kept me from trying many of them. I tried one-level demos of Sonic 06 & Unleashed and assumed I was missing nothing. I did buy Sonic Chronicles on DS though, that was good. The last 3D Sonic I bought was Shadow's game... man, was that ever a disappointment. And just so you know, Sonic games were among the first video games I played...
- Kev

Super Empra

People still like Sonic ya know...
Even after all of his so called bad games, he is still very popular. He is just as popular as he was 10 years ago.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

KevChaos86

Oh, I know they do Empra. I still do as well... I personally just find it hard to since any of his games after Sonic Adventure 2 are less than his best, y'know?  And he may or may not be as popular as 10 years ago, but that's still not as good as back in his Genesis days... he was HUGE then.

I guess that's part of being a Sonic fan though... I've gotten used to it by now.
- Kev

darkness shadow

yeah, as long as there are fans, no game character can die, and i'm pretty sure there will always be sonic fans... or at least till years after sega let go of sonic...
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Super Empra

Basically I'm tryin to say that no matter how bad sonic games become. Sonic will never die or lose popularity. Infact he is probably getting more and more popular because SEGA is making Sonic games more appealing to everyone. The same would apply to mario or any other popular video game character.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!