PS3 SLIM OUT IN 12 DAYS!

Started by ShadowsOfSilver, August 18, 2009, 01:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlashXVI

Quote from: NeoMetalSonic on August 19, 2009, 03:08:33 PM
how was the PS2 Slim horrible? They seem pretty epic to me.

My answer may have been based on cause I have a SCPH-79001 Slim PS2
They are too thin for fans and the fans keep the console from overheating. So people had alot of problems with that...You can't play the damn thing for over 3 hours without it burning.

THANKS JET!

ChaosMaster

I have a slim ps2, and I play it for over 6 hours, what you talkin' bout?

Sig made by ShadowsofSilver

Visit me on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSnake753

SlashXVI

Quote from: ChaosMaster on August 19, 2009, 03:58:51 PM
I have a slim ps2, and I play it for over 6 hours, what you talkin' bout?
Well it depends which one you had year wise? I know right when they came out that had millions of complaints, but they may have fixed it at some point.

THANKS JET!

Super Empra

I won't need this, I already have 60GB PS3 that plays PS2/PS1 games :P

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

Snooky

I wasn't impressed when they did this with the PS2, and I'm certainly not impressed now.

Super Empra

Quote from: Snooky on August 20, 2009, 12:24:03 AM
I wasn't impressed when they did this with the PS2, and I'm certainly not impressed now.

And why is that?

Snooky

Super Empra

Quote from: Snooky on August 20, 2009, 12:31:53 AM
It's the exact same thing, just a bit smaller <_<

"The final surprise of the press conference was the unveiling of the new PS3 system. Responding to consumer demand for more space and the move towards downloadable content and games, the new model features 120GB hard disk drive whilst being 32% smaller in size and 36% lighter, with 34% less power consumption. Available in stores the week of September 1, 2009, the new PS3 will be priced at £249. The current PS3 will also be reduced to £249 from August 19, 2009."

It's a lot better than the older model and it even costs the same!

Snooky

Quote from: Super Empra on August 20, 2009, 12:37:13 AM
"The final surprise of the press conference was the unveiling of the new PS3 system. Responding to consumer demand for more space and the move towards downloadable content and games, the new model features 120GB hard disk drive whilst being 32% smaller in size and 36% lighter, with 34% less power consumption. Available in stores the week of September 1, 2009, the new PS3 will be priced at £249. The current PS3 will also be reduced to £249 from August 19, 2009."

It's a lot better than the older model and it even costs the same!
So the hard drive is slightly different. Wow.

Super Empra

Quote from: Snooky on August 20, 2009, 12:39:48 AM
So the hard drive is slightly different. Wow.

"32% smaller in size and 36% lighter, with 34% less power consumption"

ShadowsOfSilver

Quote from: SlashXVI on August 19, 2009, 03:44:46 PM
They are too thin for fans and the fans keep the console from overheating. So people had alot of problems with that...You can't play the damn thing for over 3 hours without it burning.

INCORRECT. I accidentally left mine on for about 20 hours. Roflllll

The Meph's back in da hawz

SlashXVI

Quote from: ShadowsOfSilver on August 20, 2009, 02:20:14 AM
INCORRECT. I accidentally left mine on for about 20 hours. Roflllll
It depends which one you had year wise. (In my other comment) They probably fixed them at a point. Right when they came out my bro had one and it overheated because of leaving it on. They probably fixed the problem sometime.

THANKS JET!

Snooky

Quote from: Super Empra on August 20, 2009, 12:41:54 AM
"32% smaller in size and 36% lighter, with 34% less power consumption"
Thanks, I clearly didn't notice that part.

annoyinglad

Quote from: Snooky on August 20, 2009, 09:16:56 AM
Thanks, I clearly didn't notice that part.

The only real difference is that now you use slightly less electricity... Slim is nice, but it's not needed... Just a price drop on the regular would have been much more sensible. Instead they're wasting the money to make two versions of the console. At least until the original is discontinued and everyone starts buying the Slim because it's "better."

Snooky

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 20, 2009, 02:56:58 PM
The only real difference is that now you use slightly less electricity... Slim is nice, but it's not needed... Just a price drop on the regular would have been much more sensible. Instead they're wasting the money to make two versions of the console. At least until the original is discontinued and everyone starts buying the Slim because it's "better."
My point extended upon.