Maddie's school day.

Started by Princessofthechaosemerald, August 27, 2012, 12:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princessofthechaosemerald

First day of school, pretty awesome overall c: A couple or irritating things, but it wasn't much. These things happened in a somewhat chronological order.

So my supplies didn't fit in a normal backpack, it fit in a luggage bag. Thing is, turns out half the supplies I bought, I didn't need :L So I spent about $80 on school supplies, and I only needed about $30 dollars worth of it; I also need several other things, apparently (My luggage bag was $50 and now I don't need it since I took all the supplies that I needed and transferred them to my messenger bag/backpack.) I had to carry that thing UP STAIRS and DOWN STAIRS in the heat, and in class. Both of my arms are sore as fuck. asjkdfhlas- ;n;

I do not have lunch with the 9th graders, I have lunch with 10th graders; it isn't all that bad, actually. They're really nice, the kids here are very friendly. ( I met several, one absolutely loves anime, and it made me yey. Going to meet some of her friends tomorrow). I also met a girl who likes Audrey Hepburn, that was so omfg amazing; and a guy who has prescription John Lennon framed glasses, that made very happy.

I got my last name pronounced wrong by a Anglo teacher (Biology), it was funny. I kinda understand too because there's so many Hispanics it makes white people look like the minority here. He pronounced it with a Spanish accent, but we laughed about it after I told him it was European and it's just pronounced Buy-Early. He's neat, and has ADHD. My World Geography teacher is awesome too, he cusses in class( Don't judge, teachers here don't cuss e.e it's like...a sin or something.) and very friendly.

In my English class, there's only 12 kids. I'm going to have a blast in that class, I love classes with less than 19 kids; I don't like large classes. Eugh. My first college class was PIT-Tech, so far pretty boring, there's only 5 kids in my grade, rest were older. Teacher was nice though c:

I've been told more than once that I'm too shy, and that I shouldn't be because everyone at this school is very friendly. I have not been bullied (YOu know, that whole 'bully/torcher the freshmen thing?) or put down, etc. Very nice people, I'm gonna love it here C: I don't like the counselor though, well...I don't like the way she runs her office thing. I had to change a Spanish class because it was bi-lingual, but I needed monolingual. Let's just say I didn't even see her, and I was waiting outside her office (along with many others) and I need to see her again first thing in the morning. Bleh.

We can wear sunglasses and hats at this school since we need to walk outside a lot and what not, we can't wear them inside class though ;n;
~~~

So there was my day today, c:  How was yours?

The Forgotten Alex

Happy that all my friends made it.
Nice people.
Good classes.
Funny things EVERYDAY.

Sounds like you and me are gonna have a great school year.
People asked.

SmashFinale

About the freshman torture thing, that's just a way to keep idiot underclassman from getting the entire school in trouble by their immature antics.
i remember my social studies that used to cuss. lol coach graham would rant for so long sometimes it was funny. And its not the fact that its a sin, its just liable for a lawsuit for "offending" a student.

And as for carrying your stuff up and down stairs in the heat, GET USED TO IT. Every semester this will happen to you, and every semester your classes will be separated from opposite sides of the school. And you'd be surprised just how cold it REALLY gets in Texaz, so prepare for the coming winter of your discomfort.

Jordan teh Echidna

>Had to carry incredibly heavy shoulder bag + backpack up and down 5 flights of stairs for 5 years.
c:
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Princessofthechaosemerald

106F :L Fuck McAllen. It's too hot to be walking back and forth from one campus to another. But I love this school so it's worth it <33