First sketches in years!

Started by John_the_Dreamer, October 31, 2011, 02:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_the_Dreamer

I used to try to draw all the time, but my lack of professionalism and failure to find a knack sort of irked me...but now I'm trying again, and I'd better get it in gear if I want to make a pseudo-manga.

I started by drawing Tails as he appears in my old fanfic. I didn't have a clue how I wanted the picture to come out, I just...sketched. Some of it looks quite weird as of right now.

Then a human head. I think he's supposed to be from my fic as well...I might use this design.

Critiques? Please take it easy...I haven't drawn seriously in a couple of years now DX

Gilly

pretty good! are these drawn free-hand?

Tanassy

I can tell by the scratchy look that you draw a little like I do. Nonetheless, these look great! I like the bottom one ^^

John_the_Dreamer

Quotepretty good! are these drawn free-hand?

Yeah, I actually never use striaghtedges. I need to get into the habit of doing so if I want to draw manga landscapes.

QuoteI can tell by the scratchy look that you draw a little like I do. Nonetheless, these look great! I like the bottom one ^^

Haha yeah, and I'm a lefty so I often smudge everything. I'm suuuper perfectionist about everything.

~Bubblicious~

Only thing I can really nag over is the fact that on the human head, his ear is awkwardly high and positioned a bit weirdly. It needs to be a bit lower and not at as much of an extreme angle, unless that is just how he looks?

Tanassy

Quote from: John_the_Dreamer on November 01, 2011, 02:23:56 PM
Yeah, I actually never use striaghtedges. I need to get into the habit of doing so if I want to draw manga landscapes.

Haha yeah, and I'm a lefty so I often smudge everything. I'm suuuper perfectionist about everything.

A lefty! Well, very impressive. I tend to smudge anything regardless, it's actually become a part of the way I draw. Hmm, I do look forward to seeing more from you. :3

SonicGirl123