Xbox One

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 21, 2013, 07:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 28, 2013, 11:11:58 AM
Have you guys gone up to a person defending the Xbone and asked them to give you ONE reason to buy it over a gaming PC?
It's quite the adventure...
I would never buy a gaming PC.
Or in your case a gaming Laptop.

Hakudamashi

You're not getting an Xbone either.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 28, 2013, 04:58:39 PM
You're not getting an Xbone either.
It's unlikely i would get one.
But it's still possible.

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Nook? NOOK? WTF is this Nook and why haven't I heard of it till now?

Like, OMG, to be able to loan out a game you own you own to someone else, put a time limit on it, and be able to only do it once. What the downside to that?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ravenfreak

Well there seems to be tons of things already wrong with this console, and it hasn't even been released yet. :V I'm one of those gamers who likes backwards compatibility, I expect a newer console to be modified in a way to be able to play older games from the previous company's console. However I can see why it isn't backwards compatible... Next I don't like the fact that the console must be connected to the internet at least once a day, what if my ISP is working on my service and it's down? Two other things I dislike about the console is the fact that you have to install your game to the console's hard drive in order to play it... what's the point in even having a disc to begin with? (Yeah I know it's to save space but after the disc is installed unless you can install it on other consoles for free, it'll basically become a overpriced Frisbee...) the other point is the name. I get that the reason why it's called the Xbone is that it contains all forms of media into one package. I want a gaming console, not a media center. My choices for this generation is to save up to get a Wii-U and a decent PC to play PC games. At least then I can get the same games that are released for the Xbone, without having to buy that betamax player wannabe. Sorry to go out on a rant here guys, but this is how I feel about this hunk of hardware... :\

jkid101094

So apparently Amazon has this and the PS4 listed at upwards to $1000....

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

You should report that to Kotaku.

Oh wait, they already made a genius article about placeholder prices.

Ravenfreak

Whaa $1000? Are they insane or something? :V Talk about a placeholder price... :V Wonder where they came up with that price? xD Though I just read somewhere that Call of Duty: Ghosts is rumored to be $90 when it's released...

Ye Olde Swagfag

$1000 for a game console... seems legit.

Hakudamashi

Dat Wii U looking more appealing...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Anyone here considering buying one of these?

Hakudamashi

People have forgotten their consumer rights...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

My main problem with the Xbox One, discounting everything else, I'm willing to accept all of it other than this: due to the combination of used game restrictions, mandatory game installs, and 24 hour online checks, there will be no Xbox One "retro" market in the future once the console is no longer supported by Microsoft and all of the servers for it are taken offline. Due to the mandatory game installs, the day will come (after the console is no longer supported) when nearly every game will already be tied to a console. Used game restrictions will still be in place on the console, but there will no longer be any way for the licenses to be transferred between users. The 24 hour online check will kill the console the day after the servers go offline because there will no longer be any servers for the console to connect to in order to check in. The rest of the Xbox One's restrictions are bad, they set bad precedents for the game industry. But I could deal with it. I will not, however, buy a console that has a kill switch built into it that will cause the console, and every game on it, to be useless hunks of plastic and metal the day after the servers go offline. Granted, Microsoft could solve these problems with a simple firmware update. But this hypothetical update would no doubt come at the very end of the Xbox One's life cycles, right before those servers go offline. And that will be when I buy an Xbox One. At the death of the console, when it is finally worth investing in.

Remember, the day after the Xbox One's servers go offline every console will become a brick since it won't be able to check in. Well, I guess that's not fair. It will still be a Blu-ray player! Those TV features will probably be gone too.

shadowDOESrock

First of all, what TGN says it 100% true!

And second - check out the limited edition that you can win;

Yes, that is actually real.
That is so... "dishonest."