Xbox One

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 21, 2013, 07:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Well, its nice that they are doing it. Give credit where credit is due.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 19, 2013, 09:55:08 AM
Well, its nice that they are doing it. Give credit where credit is due.
Why were they forced to do this?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on June 19, 2013, 09:50:49 AM
The PR is already done, Don Mattrick already spoke, the Microsoft people are still arrogant asshats, it's still $500.00, it still forces Kinect on you, the PS4s are already pre-ordered.

This will fix nothing.

It fixes a few things. It's a start. It doesn't make up for the fact that they TRIED to do that, but at least it looks like your console will still work in 30 years. I'll get one eventually. PS4 still has priority if for no other reason that drive the point home to M$. Just because they solved a problem that they caused for themselves doesn't mean we're all going to forget that they tried to screw us over.

I'm willing to bet that they thought Sony would do the same thing. I think they either had some bad intel that Sony was doing similar things or thought that Sony would fall in line behind them. Or maybe they genuinely thought people were just stupid and wouldn't care. Or maybe THEY were just that stupid and didn't think about the ramifications of their restrictions 10 or 20 years in the future.

also this:
http://kotaku.com/surprise-xbox-one-drm-reversal-requires-day-one-patch-514419715

I hope they find a way to reimplement those features, they were interesting, especially the family game library thing. But it's a small price to pay and one I'm all too happy to accept for a console without a kill switch.

shadowDOESrock

must.
resist.
killer instinct.
crimson dragon.

=C

Mehillstillgettheps4becauseallmyfriendsare

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 19, 2013, 09:50:49 AM
The PR is already done, Don Mattrick already spoke, the Microsoft people are still arrogant asshats, it's still $500.00, it still forces Kinect on you, the PS4s are already pre-ordered.

This will fix nothing.

Of course it will fix something. They've addressed the biggest complaint about the XBONE. They've still got plenty of time until launch to get the word out.

Hakudamashi

If nothing else, I hope this shows everyone, especially people within the game industry whether fan or publisher, that whenever there's a problem you're uncomfortable with, don't be a fanboy and just accept it as is, don't be nonchalant and not caring about what's happen, be vocal, be active, vote with your wallet, and all good things will come.

Now if only we can do the same about DLC.

And hey, I hope Microsoft recovers and recovers BIG TIME and kicks it back to Sony for all that sh*t they been sprouting, cause it'll only make Sony attentive and keep working hard. Competition brings innovation... or something...

Now if only Nintendo gave just a tiny few more shits about their competition...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 20, 2013, 02:17:40 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/amazon-uk-xbox-one-pre-orders-pass-ps4-after-drm-u-turn/

wow
Good to know we have so many rich people among us...

I mean, Sony has f*cking Naughty Dog and are still losing...

But we'll see what happens after the consoles are out.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 20, 2013, 06:45:19 AM
Good to know we have so many rich people among us...

I mean, Sony has f*cking Naughty Dog and are still losing...

But we'll see what happens after the consoles are out.

Come on, a lot of people agree that Microsoft showed the better games at their E3 conference.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 20, 2013, 06:49:59 AM
Come on, a lot of people agree that Microsoft showed the better games at their E3 conference.
Microsoft still doesn't have Ratchet & Clank
Among many other IPs that I hold dear.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 20, 2013, 07:01:47 AM
Microsoft still doesn't have Ratchet & Clank
Among many other IPs that I hold dear.

Well, that's you.

Microsoft have their own IPs that some people prefer over what Sony has.

TheGameNinja

Actually, yeah, going by exclusives Xbox One beats PS4 at least for now. PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run though, at least for me (and I'm assuming several of you), since it will have a lot more support in Japan.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 20, 2013, 07:32:04 AM
Actually, yeah, going by exclusives Xbox One beats PS4 at least for now. PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run though, at least for me (and I'm assuming several of you), since it will have a lot more support in Japan.

This.

TheGameNinja

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

The family plan thing was only going to give 9 of your friends a demo. We were led to believe that you would essentially have a digital game library that up to 10 people could access. Nope. It was just going to let the original purchaser have the full game. Your 9 friends only get a demo. What is even the point? I'm kinda glad we aren't getting that now. Who cares about that? Demos already exist!

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 20, 2013, 07:40:51 AM
http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

The family plan thing was only going to give 9 of your friends a demo. We were led to believe that you would essentially have a digital game library that up to 10 people could access. Nope. It was just going to let the original purchaser have the full game. Your 9 friends only get a demo. What is even the point? I'm kinda glad we aren't getting that now. Who cares about that? Demos already exist!

To be honest, a "up to 60 minute" demo of every game would be neat.
I can't really tell anyone online to test a game...

And only a very small fraction of games have demos. Like, a very freaking small fraction