Does anyone replace the standard Windows sounds on their computers?

Started by sonicmaddave, December 23, 2009, 03:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicmaddave

I never bothered. While I have a Legend of Zelda background and a custom XP theme installed, I fail to replace the standard Windows XP sounds on my PC. Even the log on/log off sounds are original. :P

What about everyone else here? Does anyone bother replacing the Windows sound themes? XD

Dracoslythe

Super Sonic Boom

My friends started to talk about this...but I never attempted to do it...try this! ;D

Dracoslythe

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 23, 2009, 03:58:10 PM
What sounds do you use XD
Well, a small part of the song 'Supermassive Black Hole' as my startup sound, and for the rest of them, I used sounds from http://www.jetcityorange.com/SoundFiles/

:3

EchidnaPower

I love Jesus! Do you?

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 23, 2009, 04:09:53 PM
Hey now, that sounds cool! Fill me in on how to do it?

Check my post above for XP users, this may also work for Vista and 7 also in a similar way. ;)

EchidnaPower

I love Jesus! Do you?

Ioshyriku

NiGHTS

Rofl no cuz i break things far to easy basically as soon as i click the options button

sonicmaddave

Quote from: NiGHTS on December 23, 2009, 10:51:00 PM
Rofl no cuz i break things far to easy basically as soon as i click the options button

rofl... I know one thing you won't break. <3

Quote from: Dracoslythe on December 23, 2009, 04:08:47 PM
Well, a small part of the song 'Supermassive Black Hole' as my startup sound, and for the rest of them, I used sounds from http://www.jetcityorange.com/SoundFiles/

:3

Ah right cool. I'm afraid to change my windows sounds as people think I'm a geek otherwise.  :-[ :P

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on December 23, 2009, 04:05:51 PM
My friends started to talk about this...but I never attempted to do it...try this! ;D

Thanks for that ;D

General Echidna

My log on sound is It's a me Mario and the log off is the ending to sonic 1.
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, who practices?

Fiamonder

I changed my sounds into Sonic 3 SFX. Like a warning is a brake, and opening a program is collecting a ring, and closing one is an exploding capsule.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

TheGameNinja

When I log onto my desktop the Sonic 3 opening plays and when I log off the end of the theme song from Megas XLR plays (the part that goes "nice" and then the car revving sound).

JoeBro387

I'm planning to change it, but I haven't yet.

I'm planning on making a sound-scheme which is just my voice making various noises. "Click." "Beew." "Welcome, Me!" "Aw, don't go..."
And another sound-scheme with Mario-based noises. 1-UP for logging on, GAME OVER for logging off, etc.
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.