Main Menu

Abortion.

Started by mascaraa., August 24, 2009, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mascaraa.

Ok, so I've been talking alot about abortion with my parents recently, and I was just curious as to everyones opinion on the subject.

Personally, I'm 100% against it, as I am about the death penalty, but that's beside the point. I personally feel that most people who have abortions are pretty selfish, most are teens and yes I agree that at a young age you may not be able to take care of a child, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't have a chance at living. Plus I find that many teens who have an abortion rarely think about the child's rights, and more about how a baby would "ruin" their life, which as I said is extremly selfish. On another note, even though I still think it's wrong, I'm not completely against abortion for those who find out their child may have a disability, I could never do it, but I have a bit of an understand towards it. (and by a bit of an understanding I mean an extremly tiny understanding.)

I'm sure many people have different opinions, so please don't start any arguments.  Thanks.  (:

Super Sonic Boom

Personally I think abortion is one of those things that you could get yelled at for supporting or opposing it.

I don't think abortion is a good idea but I understand in some RARE CASES an abortion may be needed.

Jordan teh Echidna

my bro has a disability, and i dunno how my mum n dad dealt with it 0.o
lol
yeah i'm against abortion to, it really sucks...
Pesterchum = sirJayden

mascaraa.

Quote from: Mikey the Echidna on August 24, 2009, 11:54:22 AM
my bro has a disability, and i dunno how my mum n dad dealt with it 0.o
lol
yeah i'm against abortion to, it really sucks...

I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, there was chance when my mom was pregnant with my brother that he might have had down syndrom, and they were planning to have an abortion, but with more tests it turned out negative. Which I am extremly thankful for, I can't even imagine life without him.

annoyinglad

Well, I personally am against it. Like you stated, it doesn't give the child a chance at life. The would be parents only think how it wil affect their lives. Whether or not it will be hard to manage for teenage pregnancies, if they were stupid enough to get pregnant so early, they should at least give it a chance. Besides, there a plenty of organizations out there that were formed to help people with that exact thing. If it's going to be difficult, they'll help you get through it. Like SSB said however, in very rare cases, it may be necessary, but that's too small of an integer to make much of a difference.

ChaosMaster

I only support abortion if the fetus inside the mom is threatining the life or well being of the mother.

Sig made by ShadowsofSilver

Visit me on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSnake753

mascaraa.

Quote from: ChaosMaster on August 24, 2009, 12:20:10 PM
I only support abortion if the fetus inside the mom is threatining the life or well being of the mother.

Even then, I don't know if I'd agree. Personally if I was pregnant and they told me having the baby would kill me, if it meant the baby would be born and would survive, I'd gladly have it without hesitation. I'm not saying I don't understand what you mean though, no one should grow up without a mother.

ChaosMaster

It can also be importnt if the baby is killing the mom AND the baby has no chance for survival either.

Sig made by ShadowsofSilver

Visit me on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSnake753

mascaraa.

Quote from: ChaosMaster on August 24, 2009, 12:31:30 PM
It can also be importnt if the baby is killing the mom AND the baby has no chance for survival either.

Well, then yes. Abortion would be completetly understandable in that case.

azlj01

As you all can see this subject is very controversial its just exploited very often most by stupid people who don't bother thinking of the consequences but some people really need it like that crazy lady who had octuplets while she had 6 kids already and says she cant support them (the 6 kids) so she is having more kids to survive in more welfare checks.

Ioshyriku

I am completely against abortion, Who invented it maybe is a person who hated kids, and wanted them to not be born, hope the gouvernement would do something against it, It should be used only in crisis situations.

NiGHTS

abortion

well im against abortian because it is like killing an actuall person, made worse by the fact the child hasnt had a chance to see the world grow up with a loving family stuff like that.

I also know that some christians would be against abortion because of the 10 commandments and not killing which abortion basically is.

But think about it... which is better:

a child being unborn or

a child having to grow up in an orphanage somewhere spending its life in misery?

i know thats not always the case but the child would feel bad to find out thats its parents didnt want it. In most cases id say thatd be enough to causesuicide which effectively is the same as the abortion in the first place

dark rouge

I am also 100% against abortion because you are basically committing murder and around where i live abortion is very rare.

Dracoslythe

I think abortion is immoral, and a bit selfish, yes, and I think that there are some circumstances that it is okay.

Say:  you're a teenager who got "accidentally" knocked up.
"But I'm so poor"
"I won't be able to take care of it!"
"The environment isn't satisfactory for the child"
"I didn't mean for this to happen, I don't want a kid"
There are many excuses.  Sorry, honey, but none of them will work.
It's YOUR fault that you got pregnant because you couldn't keep your damn legs closed.

PLANNED pregnancies are different, but abortion doesn't really matter in that case, because you were planning on it.

But say...you planned on it, but circumstances got bad, and there's some reason that you won't be able to raise it.

If you feel that there is ABSOLUTELY no way for that child to have a safe home to live in, that's ok I guess.
But first, I would try to find a friend
a relative
a friend's relative
a orphanage/foster home (not the ideal place, but at least the child will be able to live it's life)
ANYONE ELSE who is eligible to raise it before choosing abortion.

HMS7

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 29, 2009, 04:04:49 PM
I think abortion is immoral, and a bit selfish, yes, and I think that there are some circumstances that it is okay.

Say:  you're a teenager who got "accidentally" knocked up.
"But I'm so poor"
"I won't be able to take care of it!"
"The environment isn't satisfactory for the child"
"I didn't mean for this to happen, I don't want a kid"
There are many excuses.  Sorry, honey, but none of them will work.
It's YOUR fault that you got pregnant because you couldn't keep your damn legs closed.

PLANNED pregnancies are different, but abortion doesn't really matter in that case, because you were planning on it.

But say...you planned on it, but circumstances got bad, and there's some reason that you won't be able to raise it.

If you feel that there is ABSOLUTELY no way for that child to have a safe home to live in, that's ok I guess.
But first, I would try to find a friend
a relative
a friend's relative
a orphanage/foster home (not the ideal place, but at least the child will be able to live it's life)
ANYONE ELSE who is eligible to raise it before choosing abortion.
go draco tell it like it is
im 100% against it i mean if i get my girlfriend pregent(which will not happen any time so for like 4 or 5 years) i would tell her tonot do it because my son/daughter will be my kid and i would love them so much*starts to cry*so dont do it
p.s Im rly crying right now
behold I AM THE KNIGHT OF KUNCKLES