DmC Devil May Cry

Started by sonicchriz, November 10, 2011, 07:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 15, 2013, 04:36:06 AM

... I need this game.
It's funny because his hair and clothes change to resemble retro Dante in-game.

...still stings a bit, though.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

That's his opinion
I'm still not buying this.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

I've heard nothing but great about the new DmC, its currently topping the charts in most places.
Then there are the Capcom-Haters and Whiney Fanboys who cant move on and are still suck in the early 2000's.

I really want this game... if it wasnt for Metal Gear Rising coming out in close proximity.
I wish i'd be able to play the MGR Demo.

Anyone played the MGR Demo? Any good?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 24, 2013, 09:01:43 AM
I've heard nothing but great about the new DmC, its currently topping the charts in most places.
Then there are the Capcom-Haters and Whiney Fanboys who cant move on and are still suck in the early 2000's.
Just, fuck off

Also about MGR, the action is what you expect from platinum games, y'know, excellence. However, Raiden is soo f*cking overpowered that he doesn't have the power to dodge... at all...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

So, I just beat DmC Devil May Cry. Amazing Game, can't wait for the sequel.

Though I saw the ending coming already way before the game came out.
Yes, his hair turns completely white and 'cool' as it was in the previous games. In the sequel he'll probably look the same as in the previous games.

The changes in Dante's persona arent as big as I expect playing through this, considering the outcry. He is still a wise-cracker, 'being awesome', yet lazy guy that always stands up when he needs to be.
But I guess, a YouTube Video that shows one scene of him saying 'Fuck you' makes up his personality.

Really, anyone who says THIS Dante sucks clearly hasnt played the game. Or is still hung up the design itself. And there are alot of crazy acrobatic cutscenes in this as well, not as much as in the previous ones though.

The Artstyle blew me away. I was also stunned by the fact that SO much was going on in the later levels without the game EVER slowing down below 60fps. (PC)

I think there could be better plattforming segments. I mean, this game has alot of platforming but it is never that hard. The tools they created would've made some fantastic platforming. And I actually did miss the lock-on feature like... twice during the eight hours.

There's also a 'life' system in place... which is just... completely stupid. After a 'game over' you simply restart at the last checkpoint, which usually isnt that far away.

Now, I've only played DmC4 - So I dont know how well it fairs in comparison to the first 3, but its certainly better than that. That said...

This is certainly a game that someone must have played through, especially if you like hack n' slashes and ESPECIALLY if you liked the previous DmC Devil May Cry's.

And honestly... this is one of the most memorable games I've ever played.

I also was expected alot of dubstep - because those people in the YouTube sections that hate this game kept nagging  on that.
There wasnt alot of dubstep. Most of it was rock/metal.

You can get this game really cheap for 360, PS3 or PC on both Disc and digtally.
You'll also be able to rent it if you're paying for a PlayStation+ (US) subscription.
Give it a go. \(^^

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 15, 2013, 04:36:06 AM

... I need this game.
Quote from: jkid101094 on January 15, 2013, 04:50:34 AM
It's funny because his hair and clothes change to resemble retro Dante in-game.

...still stings a bit, though.

I found this to be hilarious from the get go, but it becomes even funnier when his hair like this permanently by the end of the game.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 30, 2013, 12:30:47 PM
Free on PS+ Fuck Yeah.

No PS+ Game is free, you're paying a subcription.

---

And I gotta be honest wind, you've been missing out.
And I see even less reason to dislike or be so judgemental about it now that i've actually played through it.

Dante still acts like the Dante from before. He's a bit annoyed and lost at first, but it makes sense in context. He grows during the game.
Hell, there are scenes downright copied from older DmCs. Tough nothing as awesome as the chair-scene from DmC4.

The only thing that actually does seem to be a major change is Mundus. He should've been a new character.
Though, admittely, there should've been a few more combos. It aint by far as limited as Metal Gear Rising's Moveset, but still.

Hakudamashi

I like how you assume:
-I didn't play it and beat it already
-I didn't like the game
-I didn't like the characters

Good to know you never payed attention to any of my arguments =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 31, 2013, 10:51:03 AM
I like how you assume:
-I didn't play it and beat it already
-I didn't like the game
-I didn't like the characters

Good to know you never payed attention to any of my arguments =/

I did, but you kept talking about it being on PS+ lately which made me assume you didn't play it and are gonna play it then. 

Hakudamashi

I've been mentioning it cause now your money goes to Sony, or whoever gets money from the PS+ subscription, which makes it easier for people/me to give credit to Ninja Theory for making a good action game, and ignore CAPCOM for their shit decisions.

Also, you think this game's platforming is hard? Bitch, do you even Mario?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 31, 2013, 11:31:54 AM
I've been mentioning it cause now your money goes to Sony, or whoever gets money from the PS+ subscription, which makes it easier for people/me to give credit to Ninja Theory for making a good action game, and ignore CAPCOM for their shit decisions.

Well, it still goes to Capcom technically. Sony has to pay for the free games somehow lol

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 31, 2013, 11:31:54 AM
Also, you think this game's platforming is hard? Bitch, do you even Mario?

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 29, 2013, 08:15:51 PM
I think there could be better plattforming segments. I mean, this game has alot of platforming but it is never that hard. The tools they created would've made some fantastic platforming.

Really, the whole pulling / pushing / dash thing could've made some amazing platforming / platforming puzzles.
In the end it was just about reaction.

Hakudamashi

You design a platformer then, punk.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 31, 2013, 11:50:09 AM
You design a platformer then, punk.

Give me a dev team and i'll do.