Okay, Psyco parent alert...

Started by SonicFan47, January 27, 2009, 01:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SonicFan47 on January 27, 2009, 01:13:20 PM
Ever heard a site called whattheyplay.com?
Well, It was created so that parents can know what is in the games that their children own or want to buy.
Personally, I find it slightly inaccurate (A Mario Galaxy Collectors COIN is rated E? ???) and it has almost as many winy spammers as these very forums.
There are, however, people who try to make good, genuine points either for or against certain games.
Some of these people are stupid. REALLY stupid.

Here's an example of a sane person (a teen, I should add). Game: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

I suggest you read the following review, because it might be helpful ^^

Anyways, to start with the Christian stuff, I, myself, am Christian. Yes there are "goddesses" and "sages", but please trust your kids with that! Do you really think they'll just start believing in gods from their video game? When you were a kid would YOU do that? Many parents trust their kids with anything or don't trust them with anything.

Now some replys to stuff:

REPLYS TO *BOB* (Name Changed):
He said: When you kill this ghost/zombie/evil dude kind of monster, its corpse (which is covered by a black robe.) is in the place where it died for the entire game.
He said: There is lots of hacking, slashing, and stabbing in the game.
I say: There is virtually no blood. Compared to games like Grand Theft Auto (Which 10 year olds play) this is nothing.
He said: As a wolf you can tackle and bruttaly kill enemies
I say: Thats nature, actually, not even as bad as nature. People should be able to handle that.
He said: There is a town that is deserted and shows signs of a struggle. Characters imply the inhabitants were killed by monsters.
I say: No one lives in that town except one woman, and the inhabitants did die, but not by monsters, but naturally.
He said: A character is shown executed by being impaled with a sword.
I say: There was NO blood. Its no better than the news about war or Araq.
He said: When the protagonist is on a horse, you can run over monsters that are stunned, and a disturbing crack is heard.
I say: This does no damage to the monsters, so its just more of an accident unless intended by the player.
He says: A character gives her life ro save another
I say: Shes not giving her life, shes giving some of her power to save the other. Its like donating blood LOL.
He said: There are certain puzzels that are extremley difficult. Younger people may be frustrated by these.

Younger players will nead patience because there is a long time from the beginning of the game to the part where you fight monsters.
I say: Thats the good part. Yay for puzzle games!

Here is the psycho parent mentioned in the title. Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

We've gotten rid of this particular game at my home, it causes all of my boys (and I have 5 of them) to get progressively nastier and uglier the longer they play it.

And for all of you teenagers who think you are so clever by writing reviews that are argumentative and defiant of the published overall review....it's obvious you are a kid who likes your video games and doesn't want to be told what to do. Why are you wasting your time arguing about reviews that are intended for parents who actually CARE about what their children are playing? This is a forum for parents to get information about what is actually in the video games, not a site that puts down your favorite game. So stop arguing and posting such obnoxious reviews. Or do you just like spouting off your attitude?

Now go do something worthwhile, like your homework.

Does that strike anyone as a little...I don't know...Evil?

Wait what.

Did i just hear that because of Super Smash Brothers Brawl the kids got nastier.

WHAT IN THE JESUS CHRIST OF HELL?

Whats the problem with Kid watching Reviews. I mean. They don't want to play bad games like in the 90's. were you just had to guess. Untill Nintendo Power Came. Then again, when you had Genesis.

TP has blood? I need to play the game again to see that.

and yeah, i said JC of Hell. There is no JC of Hell. That's how stupid this was.