6 Games you should have an eye on

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 15, 2014, 08:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Okay, here i'm going to show you a few games that you should have an eye on. Maybe they'll be good, maybe they'll suck.

I'll note that I'll obviously not choose any games that are surrounded by hype. So, no Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Activison, Nintendo or Microsoft published titles on here.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment
PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC
September 4, 2014

What is it?
It is an Adventure Game. Your goal is to solve 7 crimes the police couldn't. Unfortunately, the mightly Holmes makes a mistake, as seen in the Trailer.

It uses a similar gameplay set-up to LA Noire - however less guided.
Each Crime takes an average of 3 to 4 hours to solve.
You can also slightly customize the Holmes. I was told that e.g wearing a sailor suit to interrogate sailors makes it easier for them to trust you, but there hasnt been any actual confirmation on that.

Here's a small preview from outsidexbox

-------------------------------------------------------------

Planetary Annihilation
PC
September 29, 2014

What is it?
A Real-Time Strategy Game. I dont have a lot to say about this one, so I'll just throw a Dev-Walkthrough at you.

Superhot
PC
Fall 2014

What is it?
Okay, I'm pretty sure all of you already know this game. (Thanks to jkid, I think)
Well, it's turning into a full title.

In case you dont know, it is a First-Person Shooter where time only moves when you move.

Ori and the Blind Forest
Xbox One, PC
Fall 2014

What is it?
Coming from a brand-new Studio, the game is described as a cross between Super Meat Boy and Metroidvania Games. The Game is about 10 Hours long and will feature not one single loading screen.

You will play as a Bunny called, you guessed it, Ori.

The Producer described this game as a game using an old design philosophy- instead of superficial flashly action, the game - or so he promises - will live on its core gameplay function alone.

Doing so, he says, they took elements from various past titles like Mega Man (Precise Controls), Zelda (Health System). You'll also meet Sein - who is basically Navi without the whole annoying part - who can also be used to attack. With each level both, you chose a new skill for both Ori and Sein. Ori can also wall jump ala Mega Man X and platforming is truly challenging. 

The 90s Arcade Racer
Wii U, PC
Fall 2014

What is it?
A 90s Arcade Racer.
Yeah, I dont really have a lot to say about this, but it looks fun as hell.
I have been waiting for a silly arcade racer like this for a very long time.

Affordable Space Adventures
Wii U
Fall 2014

What is it?
Okay, so, before this was basically unknown. Amazingly it was shown at the Nintendo Treehouse Stream - but it is still fairly unknown. I assume that just like I, most of you watched the Treehouse Stream.

In case you didnt: It is a... Metroidvania Explore, Horror and Stealth-Type Game. It's all about exploring and finding the unknown. There many different variables, like you can turn off your motor, in case of monsters that sense the heat the motor emitts. You can fly slowly to not cause any noise and all fun stuff like that.

Similar to Metroid you can scan enemies to find out about them and all kind of fun stuff like that. This is possible one of the most interesting games currently on the Wii U, if not one of the most interesting in general.

And, according to the dev, is a game that only works works with the innovative Gamepad.

Check out this Interview: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/211934/QA_Creating_the_Wii_Uexclusive_Affordable_Space_Adventures.php

Anyway, that's all I got for now. I hope you enjoyed this showcase and maybe found out about some new cool games. Or maybe you knew about all of them, in which case I apologise for wasting your time. Tell me if you liked this. ^^

Elija2

Isn't Ori and the Blind Forest published by Microsoft?

Also Hover should be on this list.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on June 15, 2014, 09:43:43 AM
Also Hover should be on this list.

I only wanted to show you guys a few guys you (might) not know about or are not interested in.
I already know I have failed in this, but meh.

Ioshyriku

I had the chance to plaz Super Hot, it was fun.