100% Orange Juice

Started by Elija2, August 05, 2014, 06:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

100% Orange Juice is a board game starring annoyingly-cute anime characters. And it's really fun.

Everyone starts the game with the same objective (collect 10 stars) that they must complete. Once you complete your objective you can choose what your next harder objective will be. Your objective can be either to collect a certain amount of stars (which can be gained by landing on certain panels or by winning battles) or to win a certain number of victories (which can be gained by winning battles, different opponents give you different numbers of victories, you can even battle other players). Once you've completed your objective you must land on a check panel to level up and move on to your next objective. The first person to complete 5 objectives wins.

Before you start the game you choose your character. Each character has a different Hyper ability specific to them that they can use if they draw a Hyper card. Each character also has different stats in either HP, ATTACK, DEFENCE, and AVOID. HP is your health, obviously. Your other stats add on points to their respective action. For example, if you have an ATTACK stat of -1 then 1 point is negated from every attack you do (your attack will never go lower than 1 though). During battle, each person gets a chance to attack the other. The person defending can choose between two actions: DEFEND or EVADE. If you choose DEFEND, your dice roll will subtract from the amount of damage you take. You will always take at least 1 damage if you pick defence though. If you choose EVADE, you can take no damage completely if your roll is higher than your opponent's attack. If you roll equal to or lower than the attack you take full damage though. Each battle is only 1 turn so if you fail to defeat the enemy in your only turn the battle will end. You will keep your amount of HP after the battle though.

Before you start the game you also must choose 10 cards from your deck that you would like to bring into the game. Cards can either be trap cards (cards you place on a panel that are activated the next time someone lands on it, not all of them have negative effects), battle cards (cards you can use to help you in battle), boost cards (cards you use before your turn to help you out), or event cards (cards you use before your turn that affects everyone). The cards you pick aren't just for you, they all go into one big deck that everyone draws from. You might have a super-helpful card that you'd like to bring into the game, but it's possible that someone else would get it instead of you. Some cards cost stars to use and you may also need to be at a certain level before you can use it. You can buy more cards in the in-game shop with stars you've earned after completing games.

There's no tutorial so it's almost mandatory that you read this guide. But once you know how the game works it's pretty fun. There is an element of luck which can get frustrating (especially in the single-player campaign because I swear those bots cheat) but if you're playing with friends it's always a good time. Unfortunately the game only supports online multiplayer which is ridiculously stupid. It's a board game, these kinds of games thrive on local multiplayer!

The game usually costs $7, but for a limited time you can get it for as low as $1 in this bundle. It's definitely worth it at that price (especially since you get a couple other games with it) so go buy it!

And Wind, you owe me at least one game.

Elija2

Seriously guys, this game is actually really fun.

Hakudamashi

It kinda reminds me of that board mini game in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 08, 2014, 11:38:04 AM
It kinda reminds me of that board mini game in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

jkid101094

If you summarize in less than a paragraph or post a video I might care.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 08, 2014, 12:07:23 PM
If you summarize in less than a paragraph or post a video I might care.

I don't care if you don't care, Irene would probably combust trying to run this game anyway.

jkid101094

From what I've seen of it it looks a lot like Destiny Board Traveler.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 08, 2014, 12:06:47 PM
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
It's a neutral thing
I didn't mind the minigame when I played it, it was a nice diversion, not sure if I'd play a game that's only that.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Eli, does thius bundle site give out Steam Codes for the games you buy?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 08, 2014, 01:38:16 PM
Eli, does thius bundle site give out Steam Codes for the games you buy?

Yes, depending on the game. If you click on the game it will tell you whether you get a Steam key, Desura key, GOG key, or DRM-free download. For example, 100% OJ gives you both a Steam key and a Desura key.

jkid101094

Sweet~
Thanks, hun~

I guess I'm buying it, then. I don't see my mom saying no to a dollar.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 08, 2014, 03:06:02 PM
Sweet~
Thanks, hun~

I guess I'm buying it, then. I don't see my mom saying no to a dollar.

No problem~~

You, me, and Haku have to get a game going sometime~~~~~~~~~~~

jkid101094

Well I own it now. It, 99 Spirits and it's piece of DLC.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

99 Spirits is an okay game.

jkid101094

Yeah I really just bought it because it was an RPG and there are so few of those on Steam that weren't made with RPG Maker. I love RPGM and all but if you aren't even going to change the window skins your game should be free, damnit.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 08, 2014, 03:59:56 PM
Yeah I really just bought it because it was an RPG and there are so few of those on Steam that weren't made with RPG Maker. I love RPGM and all but if you aren't even going to change the window skins your game should be free, damnit.

Also because Irene probably can't run any of the other games.

What's your Steam name?

EDIT: Never mind, found you.

jkid101094

And like all board games you can just as easily get fucked over by dice rolls as you can get lucky with them.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 08, 2014, 07:37:25 PM
And like all board games you can just as easily get fucked over by dice rolls as you can get lucky with them.
Hasn't turned you off though, has it?

Also I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that the CPUs in this game are rigged to get higher dice rolls on average. This game is all about the online multiplayer, anyway. You can still get screwed over by the randomness, though.

jkid101094

Yeah, I've been looking up how to level up and unlock shop items and it's seeming like playing online is the way to go. I've gotta say it's pretty damn cool that every boss and enemy is a playable character.

We should all get together and play a few games to increase our levels.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 08, 2014, 08:05:32 PM
Yeah, I've been looking up how to level up and unlock shop items and it's seeming like playing online is the way to go. I've gotta say it's pretty damn cool that every boss and enemy is a playable character.

We should all get together and play a few games to increase our levels.
Yeah, I'm currently at level 10 but I've only beaten one of the campaign levels (as I said, the CPU is OP). And I really do recommend you read the official guide if you haven't already.

And yes, we should definitely get some games going sometime.

jkid101094

I've beaten 3 campaign levels but I've never been online once. I haven't read the guide but I've watched a video that taught me how to play. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the game.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Because of my inheret hatred of these type of games.

Unlike other games that have short levels, or checkpoints or whatever, in board games, none of your progress, or achievements or whatever matter unless you win, and in order to win you gotta play for several, upon several minutes of game, and regardless of how well, or bad you do, all that matters whether you won or not. It's not even like I can say "I had fun just playing", cause I didn't, and theree's nothing I can improve on or learn to make the next attempt and more or less enjoyable, can I improve how I roll the dice? no, it's random, can I improve on how to draw my cards? no, it's random, there are soo many factors out of my control that when I spend 15 to thirty minutes on a single board, and ultimately lose, I feel empty.

Sure, I'd gladly play this, and other board games with a bunch of friends, cause then it's not so much about winning as it is enjoying urself with buddies, but I'm not playing this by myself.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

If you play the multiplayer you get experience even if you don't win. It's also easier to accumulate stars in multiplayer. Honestly, you really should just play the multiplayer.

Even though a lot of the game is random, there is still some skill to it. You need to know when to use your cards, how to pick your battles, when to try to evade, when to try and fight the boss, and whether you should go for stars or victories. Even though your cards are mostly random, your character's stats stay the same and they can dictate how to best approach the game. Some characters are better for battling, others are better for collecting stars. Knowing this stuff doesn't guarantee a victory, but it helps.

I can understand why you don't like this game, but maybe you'll enjoy the multiplayer more.

jkid101094

This game really knows exactly how to piss a guy off.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

We never got a chance to play this game together. I didn't make you guys spend 50 cents on it for nothing!

dreamcasthime

I have it now so I'm always up to play. (I'm sure you don't have my SteamID. It's IzumiSoul)

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 08, 2014, 03:59:56 PM

The truth.

Ioshyriku

I am changing the window skins and my game IS (going to be) free.

Elija2

Quote from: Princess Christmas on November 27, 2014, 06:39:40 PM
I have it now so I'm always up to play. (I'm sure you don't have my SteamID. It's IzumiSoul)

I sent you a threatening letter friend invite.

We should play this game once and then never again like Sonic Zone tradition.