Sonic CD to Release on Steam

Started by Super Sonic Boom, January 03, 2012, 08:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Sonic Boom

Steam is ringing in 2012 with the announcement of STEAMworks 2012. Bringing the PC and Mac experience full circle, Steam and Valve release games using VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat), achievements, leaderboards and automatic updates every year improving on the STEAMworks that is released the year before.

Rumors and confirmations have been traced around the Steam forum and the Internet concerning which games will be added to the digital distribution program by Valve. On the "Coming Soon" list is Sonic CD. While the actual release date is unknown right now, it is good news for Sonic and SEGA fans alike that Sonic CD will be racing onto the PC, and maybe the Mac, later this year.

Sonic CD was released again in 2011 with updated graphics and physics as well as with options to chance the soundtrack between stages with the US or JPN versions of the songs. Originally slated for only Xbox 360's Marketplace and PlayStation Live's Network - SEGA allowed users on the console to experience the game that so many people grew up with.

When a released date is announced, Sonic ZONE will bring you up to date coverage on the story as news breaks; but for now, it's a wait and see game for Sonic fans.

- Chris Silvano, SONIC ZONE News

Supersonic196

If this has updated graphics it's a day one purchase for sure. It'll also be the third version that I own. :P

Tanassy

The game was re-built from the ground-up. Can't wait for the PC version to finally come out, it's taking it's time xD

SmashFinale

So why am i not surprised that Chris would be the one to report this? xD

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 03, 2012, 05:58:23 PM
I wish I had your money.
It's only like 2 bucks on IOS, and the I've had the SEGA CD for like.. ever...

ianmena

good great awesome outstanding amazaing! cant wait for it!!!! ;D

Hakudamashi

The only thing stopping me from getting this is that those level designs are hazardous to my health...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay