So something about Sonic Boom rubs me the wrong way.

Started by Exidel, February 01, 2015, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exidel

Seriously though.

It is a single line that throws a monkey wrench in to everything I know.

During the little opening for the "Cowbot" episode, Tails blatantly states that Knuckles hales from Angel Island.

The Chaos Emeralds, in turn, the Master Emerald, aren't present in this canon.

So what is the point of Angel Island's existence?
Godda Go Fast, Am I Right?

...right?

Ioshyriku

Knuckles' home.
Not everything has to serve a purpose.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Exidel

LIKE SERIOUSLY THOUGH.

They could have just said he lives someplace on Bygone Island like everyone else does, but NO They have to say that he comes from Angel Island, a place that theoretically should NOT exist in this universe. The fact that they blatantly state that not only does Angel Island exists, but Knuckles is from there is basically going against most of what Sonic Boom did in the way of development of the world. The lacking of the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald farther stretch the fact it shouldn't exist. Yes, you have the dubbedly name "Chaos Crystals" but they obviously have NO correlation with the show or even the 3DS game, giving no evidence of them even needing to exist in the first place. Hell, it would make just a LITTLE bit of sense if Angel Island was even relevant to any Sonic canon outside of the Archie comics because the last time we've even heard of or seen Angel Island of a WHOLE was in Sonic Adventure. Post Sonic Adventure, Knuckles seems like "Eh, fuck it." And just tags along with Sonic and Tails. SA2? Like one scene in what I can only assume is Sandopolis. Heroes? None. Shadow? Zip. 06? Not even a cocktease. The only time in this general era of Sonic games we see Angel Island is ONE level from Sonic Advance 3, a brief little walk in The Dark Brotherhood, and the future version, Onyx Island, in Sonic Rivals. Hell, the only RECENT appearance was SONIC FUCKING JUMP. Another thing is this show is geared to KIDS, and a KID in this time would have played none of those games, and only maybe have played games like Colors, Generations, and Lost World. Hell, I know it wasn't as far back as Sonic 06 since that came out when I was 12. So it would be a quick cop-out in the sense towards the younger audience that the show is geared to, but to the people who know and breath Sonic canon basically get a nice dose of brain fucking because I can't think of a single conceivable reason Sonic Boom even had the need or even the RIGHT to bring up Angel Island. The only "canon" (and I use at word loosely.) appearance it's made in the most recent main series Sonic game was Sonic Adventure. That's it.

So why?

Then again, this is Sonic Boom, where seven years of development went towards a Sonic game meant for PC, only to be suddenly barely ported to Wii U, a Sonic TV series that wasn't even meant to be Sonic Boom in the first place, and a barely put together 3DS tie-in cop-out that seems to just love shoving it's game dev logo into your face more than the IP itself. (Seriously, all the credits consist of is like five guys and way too many dancing green monkeys.)

Sonic Boom is honestly just a colossal failure and I honestly wouldn't hold it against Sega if it was the last console Sonic game we see.
Godda Go Fast, Am I Right?

...right?