Started by Gilly, November 06, 2011, 08:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

*Pokes section*

Umm... This is not "Food discussion"

Gilly

Tanassy

Quote from: John Gillis on November 09, 2011, 06:50:52 AM
I don't like seeing mods breaking rules...
Couldn't agree more..
--

I honestly still think this reboot..thing is going to be another addition to the sonic cycle. it just keeps going around and around. *Shrug*

jkid101094

Quote from: John Gillis on November 09, 2011, 06:50:52 AM
I don't like seeing mods breaking rules...
Neither do I. Sadly it tends to happen a lot.

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on November 09, 2011, 06:53:31 AM
I honestly still think this reboot..thing is going to be another addition to the sonic cycle. it just keeps going around and around. *Shrug*
I couldn't disagree more with this statement.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

How can we know until we actually know something about it? Judging this when the only thing we know is that... SOMETHING is going to happen seems a bit unfair.

Supersonic196

I've said it before but, personally, Griffith did it better.
Sonic is now an emotionless dick who has three settings, hungry, happy, or confused.
I'd rather not listen to more than one of them at the same time. According to TSSZ, he'll be splitting into different pieces.

However, the gameplay does sound somewhat interesting, perhaps a more 3d oriented game this time around.
Still, it sounds like we'll have another story flop on our hands.
People say the voice acting doesn't matter and you should "focus on the gameplay"

But honestly, it's hard to do that when I'm listening to a Sonic spouting awful one liners in between gameplay.
It's really hard for me to get immersed in an experience when every time a character opens their mouth, it's some cringe worthy humor for kids. I don't have a problem with that, but when they drag it into an otherwise fantastic game, and lower it to a good game that's a problem.

To be fair, I didn't think that there was a place for a good storyline in a nostolgia trip like Generations, but if this keeps up in more serious titles, I'll be rather displeased. IF there are more serious titles.

Still, it's too early to make assumptions yet, the writers might stop taking so many drugs before writing a storyline, and the cast might stop being so over the top.

Still, If SEGA is working with Nintendo on this one, like TSSZ stated, it should have some fantastic charm. Last time they worked together, they made one of the greatest racing games on a Nintendo console.

jkid101094

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 09, 2011, 06:56:20 AM
I couldn't disagree more with this statement.
For some reason I thought he meant Sonic Generations. God, I need sleep.

But as for the reboot I have to sorta agree with TGN. We can't really judge something we know nothing about, though, I always have my doubts.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Elija2 on November 08, 2011, 02:50:38 PM
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2006 2 CONFIRMED FOR 2012

lol
Honestly, I can finally say I played it - and if they had good intentions of not rushing, Sonic 06's sequal (if it were to have one) could be a SUCCESSFUL 2012 game.

Tanassy

Quote from: Chris Silvano on November 09, 2011, 10:00:59 AM

lol
Honestly, I can finally say I played it - and if they had good intentions of not rushing, Sonic 06's sequal (if it were to have one) could be a SUCCESSFUL 2012 game.
How can you sequel a reboot that never happened?

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on November 09, 2011, 10:01:43 AM
How can you sequel a reboot that never happened?

Good question.
Take Sonic 06 -sucked-
Sonic Unleashed -daytime yep, night-time could have been better-
Sonic Colors -I didn't like it but other people really did-

Whether you think so or not, I think maybe it wasn't "rebooted" but better yet transformed in each game to what Generations and later games could be.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Chris Silvano on November 09, 2011, 10:09:49 AM
Sonic Colors -I didn't like it but other people really did-

I enjoyed colors, none of the stages were as good as the day stages from unleashed, but it was still a good time.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: supersonic196 on November 09, 2011, 10:17:06 AM
I enjoyed colors, none of the stages were as good as the day stages from unleashed, but it was still a good time.

Close to what I would say maybe - and the Cube and Hover wisps... don't get me started on those.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Chris Silvano on November 09, 2011, 10:09:49 AM

Sonic Unleashed -daytime yep, night-time could have been better-
...Night-time was a fighter with Sonic and platforming. Not a Sonic game.
If you look at it that way, it was good.
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively