Sonic The Hedgehog 4 : Episode 2 PRE-RELEASE TOPIC

Started by Skyle369, October 06, 2010, 12:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Chris Silvano on July 10, 2011, 05:38:57 PM
Half Life 2: Episode 3, maybe that'll come out before Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2. lmao
*wanted to make duke nukem forever joke*
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on July 18, 2011, 11:31:46 AM
*wanted to make duke nukem forever joke*
*wanted to make a Kirby Wii joke*

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 19, 2011, 03:44:29 AM
*wanted to make a Kirby Wii joke*
*Wanted to make a Megaman Legends 3 joke*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Sonic The Fan

Who needs signatures?

SmashFinale

*not really, this game barely is being worked on by Sonic Team and Dimps, so it's release date may never freaking come

tehhocktuck

How about shadow in Sonic 4 :episode 2?

Iwillbenapo

NO.

EDIT: He didn't appear until SA2.
Napo.

shadowDOESrock

The second episode of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 won't be launching until 2012 - well over a year after the first installment of SEGA's episodic series launched in 2010.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4, as its name suggests, was slated as a return to Sonic's 2D roots. Its first episode proved successful, bagging a coveted Eurogamer 9 in October last year. "In short, this is the game SEGA should have made 15 years ago," said Ellie of the game.

With Sonic busy stuffing his face with cake while he celebrates his 20th anniversary this year - and while he also busies himself with the promising looking Generations, a medley of the SEGA mascot's finest moments - the next episode is set to release sometime next year.

"This year, 2011, is the anniversary, so we're focusing on the celebration title," Sonic Team's Takashi Iikuza told Eurogamer, "But moving forward to 2012, Sonic will still be going, so I'd hope to provide Episode 2 then."

Going the episodic route is normally an indication that there'll be a quicker turnaround than there is in a normal sequel cycle - so was it always the intention to have such an extended hiatus for Sonic 4?

"It was always the plan," said Iizuka, "We knew about the anniversary year, and Generations was planned way in advance. It was always our plan to release Episode 2 after Generations."

Valve found itself in a similar situation when it opted for an episodic route for its Half Life 2 successors - and it looks as if the chances of a third Sonic the Hedgehog 4 episode are as slim as seeing an imminent return from Gordon Freeman.

"We can't say if there's going to be Episode 3 or not," Iizuka said when asked if there would be such a long wait between the second and third takes on Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

SEGA was unable to comment on when the new episode would be released, or whether it would be the last we'd see of Sonic 4.

Hakudamashi

At least we have an estimated release date
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Skyle369

Sonic 4: Episode 2 takes place... After Sonic CD?! Since according to them, Sonic CD wasn't connected to the other 4 games so Sonic 4 was the only way to bridge them way all together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGJpl_xheI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/08/27/ken-balough-on-sonic-cd-as-sonic-4s-prequel/

So no Knuckles and stuff I guess...

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Skyle369 on August 28, 2011, 04:01:07 AM
Sonic 4: Episode 2 takes place... After Sonic CD?! Since according to them, Sonic CD wasn't connected to the other 4 games so Sonic 4 was the only way to bridge them way all together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGJpl_xheI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/08/27/ken-balough-on-sonic-cd-as-sonic-4s-prequel/

So no Knuckles and stuff I guess...

thats horseshit.
i want Mecha Sonic.

SmashFinale

no Knuckles or Tails huh? so it's just Sonic, Amy, Eggman, and Metal Sonic

Skyle369

Nah, Tail's would probably in Episode 2 since it took place after Sonic 2... I think?
I also remember giving us a hint with the hedgehog and a fox thingy, I can't seem to recall anything about that.

jkid101094

Didn't Episode 1 come after S&K? How does this make any sense whatsoever?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Skyle369

That's the big mystery but I guess we'll have to wait since the guy said that once we've played Episode 2, everything's gonna come all together.

Also, there might be a chance we'll be seeing those time travel post in Ep. 2 since I've read stuff about Ep. 2 borrowing some elements from CD.