Sonic The Hedgehog 4 : Episode 2 PRE-RELEASE TOPIC

Started by Skyle369, October 06, 2010, 12:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Exidel

I have some high hopes for Episode 2. They scrapped the Sonic Rush engine and put together a new physics and graphics engine, which I'm happy about mainly because the Rush Engine doesn't belong on a console game, unless they plan to remake the Rush series on console. The addition of Tails, it will prove to be a blast to the past of playing some Sonic 2, running through green grassy plains with everyone's favorite two-tailed sidekick. Now onward to Metal. Just looking back at days of running through then getting stopped by Amy, Thinking "Will Sonic get some?" Just when you get your hopes up, BLAM, Metal Sonic comes in and snatches away the only piece of ass in the games. You have to save her and maybe you'll get some, so you run through, changing the past and creating a better future. Then comes the moment of truth. You and Metal Sonic. One on one. Mono E' mono. You and Metal race for life and death, then you win and save Amy. You go onward to finish off Eggman once and for all. My daydreaming of the past aside, Episode 2 will be great.
Godda Go Fast, Am I Right?

...right?

jkid101094

Quote from: Exidel on January 10, 2012, 01:40:52 PM
Just looking back at days of running through then getting stopped by Amy, Thinking "Will Sonic get some?" Just when you get your hopes up, BLAM, Metal Sonic comes in and snatches away the only piece of ass in the games. You have to save her and maybe you'll get some, so you run through, changing the past and creating a better future.
I love you in a friendly, non-sexual way.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Exidel on January 10, 2012, 01:40:52 PM
Just looking back at days of running through then getting stopped by Amy, Thinking "Will Sonic get some?" Just when you get your hopes up, BLAM, Metal Sonic comes in and snatches away the only piece of ass in the games. You have to save her and maybe you'll get some, so you run through, changing the past and creating a better future.

ehh... did anyone think this while playing?
I was more worried about the enslavement of a planet than Sonic's non-existent sex life... >_>

TheGameNinja

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 10, 2012, 01:48:11 PM
ehh... did anyone think this while playing?
I was more worried about the enslavement of a planet than Sonic's non-existent sex life with a 12 year old girl... >_>

fix'd

...actually, she was described as being 8 in CD, so...

Supersonic196

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 10, 2012, 01:52:08 PM
fix'd

...actually, she was described as being 8 in CD, so...

I didn't write that last part... :I

TheGameNinja

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 10, 2012, 01:54:19 PM
I didn't write that last part... :I

Anyway, yeah. Episode 2's already sounding like its fixed the issues I had with it. Now as long as it doesn't cost too much again...

Supersonic196

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 10, 2012, 01:57:28 PM
Anyway, yeah. Episode 2's already sounding like its fixed the issues I had with it. Now as long as it doesn't cost too much again...
I'm content with spending another 15 bucks if it's problems are fixed, I'll pay 20 if they get new writers for the main series.

TheGameNinja

I've said it before and I'll say it again. $15 is too much for an episode of an episodic game. Episode 1 & 2 of this (not considering the possibility of an episode 3) together will cost $30. You can buy Back to the Future: The Game, which is 5 episodes long, for $25. And its on disc. This is download only. They don't have to pay for packaging, discs, printing, etc. They have no excuse for charging so much.

Supersonic196

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 10, 2012, 02:07:59 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. $15 is too much for an episode of an episodic game. Episode 1 & 2 of this (not considering the possibility of an episode 3) together will cost $30. You can buy Back to the Future: The Game, which is 5 episodes long, for $25. And its on disc. This is download only. They don't have to pay for packaging, discs, printing, etc. They have no excuse for charging so much.
But we don't know how long episode 2 will be, and If it's good, even if it's short, I'll gladly pay $15 to show support to the devteam.

TheGameNinja

jkid101094

In the end how much they can charge for a game depends on what they need to spend. Bigger companies generally need to pay their work force more, especially if there are more people. Your argument makes no sense because you aren't factoring in every thing. The BttF team could make a 100 episode saga but if they can get by paying their employees dirt then they can charge less for those 100 episodes then SEGA can paying each of their workers by the thousands.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Exidel

I'm just hoping SEGA doesn't screw up as much as they did with '06.
Godda Go Fast, Am I Right?

...right?

TheGameNinja

I really doubt Sega has a huge team of people working on Episode 2. Regardless of that, Sega's games get international releases. I'm pretty sure Telltale's games only see English releases. I doubt Telltale sees anywhere near as much profit as Sega does on Sonic.

And like I said, Sonic 4 is not on disc. Every cent they make on sales of the game is covering the cost of making the game itself... and advertising, I suppose. Telltale's got to cover cost for making the game, then discs, then printing, then shipping and on and on. If anything, I would think Back to the Future should cost more.

hedgy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 10, 2012, 02:07:59 PM

Starting sale is always the most expensive as big fans likes to buy it the first day it'll be more expensive for them, sonic fans with ennough money and willing to spend that money on sonic will buy the first day. Others will wait till it's discount, so if you want to get it cheap, wait till there's discount or don't buy it at all as nobody forces you. :)
Sonic episode 1 had a big discount day on 28december too, more than 50% off at xbox360