Sonic The Hedgehog 4 : Episode 2 PRE-RELEASE TOPIC

Started by Skyle369, October 06, 2010, 12:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eXtremeAzure

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on February 15, 2012, 07:44:52 AM
all i see are a set of broken images
Well that's odd. I made sure to use the 'Preview' option before I posted them. o_o

Post Merge: February 15, 2012, 03:25:47 PM

But after examining these screenshots for quite some time . . . I've realised these look quite identical to a certain 3D Sonic Fan - Game everybody knows and loves . . .

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: Manic X-Treme~1323 on February 15, 2012, 11:20:43 AM
Well that's odd. I made sure to use the 'Preview' option before I posted them. o_o

Post Merge: February 15, 2012, 03:25:47 PM

But after examining these screenshots for quite some time . . . I've realised these look quite identical to a certain 3D Sonic Fan - Game everybody knows and loves . . .

Who said we love it? *slapped*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

eXtremeAzure

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 15, 2012, 11:31:06 AM
Who said we love it? *slapped*
'Twas just using the term for the hell of it.

Hakudamashi

How's the 2 player co-op gonna work out?
I know Sonic 2 did it, but still...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Nightshade the hedgehog

There better be an option to use only Sonic. Great for the Special Stage if your going solo.
once made by killer ,redone by supersonic196 ,thanx guys :)
yes i am,thanx firestar :)
thanks mikey thanks ecco
fan of ashura ,made by teh shadicz ,thanks for it :)

Tanassy

Why is it so damn jagged and ugly? Grainy looking textures, jaggies everywhere, bad shading... am I the only one who thinks this looks pretty horrible as of now?

SmashFinale

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on February 19, 2012, 06:33:03 AM
Why is it so damn jagged and ugly? Grainy looking textures, jaggies everywhere, bad shading... am I the only one who thinks this looks pretty horrible as of now?
Because they just started? My goodness, i heard of liking graphics to a certain degree, but this... This angers me. I mean... it's not even done yet. I think they literally just started to begin development.

eXtremeAzure

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 19, 2012, 06:37:41 AM
Because they just started? My goodness, i heard of liking graphics to a certain degree, but this... This angers me. I mean... it's not even done yet. I think they literally just started to begin development.
Smash, you just took the words right out of my mouth.

Iris, has it ever occurred to you that these could be the BETA screenshots? Even if those aren't beta screenshots, they could very well have been taken in a low resolution.
I mean, seriously. We haven't even seen any solid gameplay video yet, but you're complaining already. I just wish people like you would wait and see what happens, before jumping to conclusions. The game isn't supposed to launch within two months from now. That's plenty of time to tweak the faults in the game.

Hakudamashi

I think it's pretty...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

they might not be perfect, but in my opinion they look really good, especially since they just started working on the game

Tanassy

I don't think you guys quite understand. The jaggies and grainy textures are caused by a lack of good texture filtering and AA. Don't you guys see that this is becoming a standard in console games these days? Games these days are looking more and more horrible because they are missing some of these important features. And the horrible shading, jaggies, and textures are not the fault of it being "Beta". These are screenshots that are listed officially, not only that, but in game development, you don't create a scene half-assedly for "beta" purposes and then do it all over again to make it look better.

Quote from: Manic X-Treme~1323 on February 19, 2012, 07:10:27 AM
Smash, you just took the words right out of my mouth.

Iris, has it ever occurred to you that these could be the BETA screenshots? Even if those aren't beta screenshots, they could very well have been taken in a low resolution.
I mean, seriously. We haven't even seen any solid gameplay video yet, but you're complaining already. I just wish people like you would wait and see what happens, before jumping to conclusions. The game isn't supposed to launch within two months from now. That's plenty of time to tweak the faults in the game.

Well clearly they were taken at a low resolution, and who's stupid idea was that? It's giving the game a bad image already.
And yes, I am complaining already. You guys are sitting there and going "This is amazing!" and taking is at it comes. This ignorance is what causes terrible games to be made. I really, honestly don't care about seeing any gameplay, because when I do, it's probably going to be just as jagged and horrible. When a game looks like that, it takes away from the experience.
And these "Faults" that are going to be tweaked? Nobody would know about them unless people like me actually pointed them out, because all you guys are doing, is saying it's fine.

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 19, 2012, 06:37:41 AM
Cool story bro. I don't care about graphics, I care about quality. The art is good, the execution is horrible. The graphics engine has clearly made some headway, sure, but it needs some serious tweaking. And saying an engine needs tweaking, when already half of the game's assets are clearly present... pffthahaha... that's sad.

Your ignorance makes me laugh, guys.

Of course, I wouldn't expect any better from people around in a generation of poorly made 3D console games. But you still give me a good laugh.

it's almost frightening, I mean, they look like they're doing a really good job in making those assets too. But if their models and textures aren't going to look good, the question arises as to what's the point of making them? Let's hope they're going to actually notice it themselves and put in some AA or something at least. It really shouldn't look that bad. The average 3DS game looks better than that.

My ignorance perhaps is apparent, but it goes with reasoning. But you guys...
"Let's all wait for SEGA to release the game before we bash how shitty it looks and force them to patch it or something" is your usual course of action, right?
Dream on.

Do you guys even know WHY companies put out screenshots of their development, guys? It's to get criticism.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on February 19, 2012, 08:34:41 AM
Your ignorance makes me laugh, guys.
He is laughing at your ignorance.

But seriously, textures. The first level, the auquatic ruin-esque one is passable, but THIS

That's one of the ugliest things to come from Sonic Team in a long time.

I don't even know if that's a model, it looks like a blurry PNG to me. :U

Tanassy

Not to mention the floor is practically see through because of aliasing...

Come on seriously... it's like we need more and more polygons in every game, and there's no room to actually make sure it's rendered properly. :L