Sonic The Hedgehog 4 : Episode 2 PRE-RELEASE TOPIC

Started by Skyle369, October 06, 2010, 12:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: Jazz Nova on March 02, 2012, 01:13:28 PM
Can't we all have our separate opinions and move on? I know that each of you want to be right, but if you want to discuss it this this badly, would you mind making another topic so that we don't have to scroll past your paragraphs of text?
And must this happen on every tread for a video game that's not Pokemon?
No. Let them have at it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Can't we all have our separate opinions and move on? I know that each of you want to be right, but if you want to discuss it this this badly, would you mind making another topic so that we don't have to scroll past your paragraphs of text?

We're on topic :L

if you don't like scrolling past walls of text, don't join a forum. Simple.

eXtremeAzure

Now, I'm not targeting you or anything Jazz, so please don't take this the wrong way when I say this:

Forums were made for the sole purpose for users to express their opinions about many different topics. This isn't YouTube where your opinions can only be 500 characters long. There's no rule that says we can't write paragraphs upon more paragraphs in a single post. = P

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on March 02, 2012, 03:01:08 PM
OMFG YOU GUYS WOULD'NT IT BE EPIC IF THE PARTNER SYSTEM FROM SONIC ADVANCE 3 RETURNED!!!??

That partner system blew my f*cking mind back then, just think what they could do with it now =D

Also, I second this idea.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 03, 2012, 04:48:04 AM
Also, I second this idea.
Phew, I thought everyone was so intrigued by your argument that nobody saw it.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on March 03, 2012, 05:17:33 AM
Phew, I thought everyone was so intrigued by your argument that nobody saw it.

I saw it, I just didn't think to comment. But I agree, I thought the partner system was pretty damn cool. There's a lot that can be done with that concept.

jkid101094

The problem here is that SEGA is so busy thinking of new concepts they never try to stop and improve old ones.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

OMFG YOU GUYS WOULD'NT IT BE EPIC IF THE PARTNER SYSTEM FROM SONIC ADVANCE 3 RETURNED!!!??

That partner system blew my f*cking mind back then, just think what they could do with it now =D

The partner system wasn't even that good. At least it wasn't mandatory because I never used it, but I can only imagine if they implemented it in Episode 2 you would be forced to stop running and use Tails to fly over every other wall and break momentum.

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 03, 2012, 06:44:54 AM
The problem here is that SEGA is so busy thinking of new concepts they never try to stop and improve old ones.

Weird, because Sonic 4 is nothing but old concepts. They think that everyone just wants classic gameplay so they're just making the same game we've already played a million times before. Nothing here is new. I mean fuck, Sonic 4 is actually missing key features that the old games had. Why weren't Tails and Knuckles in the first episode? Oh right, Sega wants to milk the series for all it's worth (which isn't much). Sonic 4 was always just a lazy way to get classic fans to just shut up.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on March 03, 2012, 06:51:46 AM
Sonic 4 was always just a lazy way to get classic fans to just shut up.
Can you blame them? Have you seen the sonic fanbase?

jkid101094

Weird, because Sonic 4 is nothing but old concepts. They think that everyone just wants classic gameplay so they're just making the same game we've already played a million times before. Nothing here is new. I mean fuck, Sonic 4 is actually missing key features that the old games had. Why weren't Tails and Knuckles in the first episode? Oh right, Sega wants to milk the series for all it's worth (which isn't much). Sonic 4 was always just a lazy way to get classic fans to just shut up.
Other than Sonic 4.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

The partner system wasn't even that good. At least it wasn't mandatory because I never used it, but I can only imagine if they implemented it in Episode 2 you would be forced to stop running and use Tails to fly over every other wall and break momentum.
ikr? I f*cking hate it when game devs do that.
They give you the core mechanic and a side funtion for alternate routes and hidden stuff, but making that side function mandatory is ANNOYING. Just like the Homing Attack in Sonic 4 >.>

Look and Classic Sonic in Sonic Generations on consoles, all his stages can be played in full with his CORE mechanics which are running and jumping, and you equip homing to make some parts easier, get to alternate routes and w/e.
Then look at classic Sonic in the 3DS ver., every stage after the Big Arms boss, homing attack is mandatory to beat the stage =/

If the partner system DOES return, plz don't make it a necessity to complete a stage, it's annoying and they're normally terribly implemented
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

eXtremeAzure

If they do end up using the partner system gimmick like how they did in Sonic Advance 3, then it should be optional. Like how the Wisps were in Colors. You didn't necessarily HAVE to use them to complete a stage - even though using them would increase your score and help you break your time. Not to mention they were fun.

As long as they don't shove it down our throats like how they did it with the Werehog. He wasn't that bad, but still. x_x

OPTIONAL, Sonic Team. Make. It. O P T I O N A L.

jkid101094

They should make running and jumping optional too.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively