Sonic Generations (Wii is dead) Topic Split

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 02, 2011, 01:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: bartman on August 02, 2011, 09:57:05 AM
This game looks amazing.
Graphics - Stunning.
Gameplay - Breathtaking.
Although I feel sad for those Wii users that SG isn't avalible on the Wii.
I guess that makes up for the fact that Sonic Colors were only on DS and Wii.
I love how they are going to remodel it as if a sort of 1990's V 2011.

no one cares for the wii anymore, really.
the only people still having a wii are either shovelware people (aka casual gamers), people who play Goldeneye and Conduit 2 online & people either waiting for Skyward Sword or Kirby Wii. :L

Hakudamashi

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 02, 2011, 01:50:13 PM
the only people still having a wii are either shovelware people (aka casual gamers), people who play Godeneye and Conduit 2 online & people either waiting for Skyward Sword or Kirby Wii. :L
What? SSBB not good enough anymore?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on August 02, 2011, 02:09:40 PM
What? SSBB not good enough anymore?

I think most people playin SSBB play in a 'closed lobby' anyways so it doesnt count sort off.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 02, 2011, 02:13:12 PM
I think most people playin SSBB play in a 'closed lobby' anyways so it doesnt count sort off.

Now when u say "closed lobby"'you mean...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 02, 2011, 01:50:13 PM
the only people still having a wii are either shovelware people (aka casual gamers), people who play Goldeneye and Conduit 2 online & people either waiting for Skyward Sword or Kirby Wii. :L
I call BS. I played Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort yesterdday. >:C

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I call BS too, the Wii is is still very much alive.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 02, 2011, 10:21:33 PM
I call BS. I played Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort yesterdday. >:C

those are minigames, not actual 'games'
you know what i mean.

And theres the japanese wii titles that might've helped the wii over here but no.

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 02, 2011, 11:32:26 PM
those are minigames, not actual 'games'
you know what i mean.

And theres the japanese wii titles that might've helped the wii over here but no.

No, those are minigame compilations. :P

But the fact still stands that people still play Wii because it has a lot of enjoyable games. TvC, SSBB, Animal Crossing City Folk, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2...Just to name a few. And the ability to easily hack all of the above (Galaxy has a Toad's Tool editor now) with Homebrew and play roms on things on top of that...The system is still very alive, you just don't see it because the people around you don't use it much. :P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 02, 2011, 11:39:45 PM
No, those are minigame compilations. :P

But the fact still stands that people still play Wii because it has a lot of enjoyable games. TvC, SSBB, Animal Crossing City Folk, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2...Just to name a few. And the ability to easily hack all of the above (Galaxy has a Toad's Tool editor now) with Homebrew and play roms on things on top of that...The system is still very alive, you just don't see it because the people around you don't use it much. :P
VLTone made Toads Tool for Galaxy?? Holy Shit, why did I not see this on Jul?

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on August 03, 2011, 12:20:17 AM
VLTone made Toads Tool for Galaxy?? Holy Shit, why did I not see this on Jul?
From what I've seen it's something like that. Just go check YT. :3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 03, 2011, 12:59:39 AM
From what I've seen it's something like that. Just go check YT. :3
I checked Jul, I don't think it's VLTone's, if it exists.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 02, 2011, 11:39:45 PM
The system is still very alive, you just don't see it because the people around you don't use it much. :P

Contradicion?
The Wii aint alive. Its been like that since '10.

Lets hope the Wii U will bring spice back.

But lets get back on topic.

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 03:32:01 AM
Contradicion?
The Wii aint alive. Its been like that since '10.

Lets hope the Wii U will bring spice back.

But lets get back on topic.
*facepalm*
Just because people around you don't use it dosn't mean it isn't being use. I know no one that uses dildos but I know people still use them.

/chat

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 03, 2011, 03:40:54 AM
*facepalm*
Just because people around you don't use it dosn't mean it isn't being use. I know no one that uses dildos but I know people still use them.

/chat
This.

I still like Wii. jkid does. Heck, half of the Sonic fanbase raged when Generations wasn't on Wii. Are you sayingthat, that half of the Sonic fanbase doesn't use the Wii?

shadowDOESrock

i'm sayin' half of the sonic fanbase are a bunch of 12-year olds with no money for a PS3 or 360 because they already got a Wii.
And i aint sayin' i dont like the Wii. I'm sayin' its been dead for a while.

And damn boi... we all know you use dildos on a daily basis? :L

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 04:22:56 AM
i'm sayin' half of the sonic fanbase are a bunch of 12-year olds with no money for a PS3 or 360 because they already got a Wii.
And i aint sayin' i dont like the Wii. I'm sayin' its been dead for a while.

And damn boi... we all know you use dildos on a daily basis? :L

What does that have to do with our convesation? And I see more 12-year olds buying the PS3 and Xbox 360 'cause they wanna be "cool" and make sex jokes over voice chat. >.>

And I'm a 16-year old hardcore gamer who owns a PS3 and Wii, while my brother is an 18-year old casual gamer that owns nothing buy his PS3 he hardly ever plays and his PSP which he never touches, before you get into the standard, "hardcore vs. casual" debate. It's all prefrence. People still use the Wii and are hardcore, older gamers. Just because little kids suck FPS creator dick and spam their "lololmasterchifiandCODissawsumeandthewiiis4litlkidzlolol" bs all over the internet dosn't make the system dead.

And I don't, Kyo, but would if I could...*shot*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

blazerh44

Wii ain't dead. Hell I was playing Mario Kart Wii just last night with a ton of my friends.

Yes, the Wii is still awesome at parties, and it shows that people don't have to resort to only COD and FPS's to have a good time
Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 04:22:56 AMAnd damn boi... we all know you use dildos on a daily basis? :L

........and I guess dildos too.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 03, 2011, 04:36:26 AM
What does that have to do with our convesation? And I see more 12-year olds buying the PS3 and Xbox 360 'cause they wanna be "cool" and make sex jokes over voice chat. >.>

And I'm a 16-year old hardcore gamer who owns a PS3 and Wii, while my brother is an 18-year old casual gamer that owns nothing buy his PS3 he hardly ever plays and his PSP which he never touches, before you get into the standard, "hardcore vs. casual" debate. It's all prefrence. People still use the Wii and are hardcore, older gamers. Just because little kids suck FPS creator dick and spam their "lololmasterchifiandCODissawsumeandthewiiis4litlkidzlolol" bs all over the internet dosn't make the system dead.
^This...
If that makes sense

shadowDOESrock

CoD is on Wii aswell.
¬_¬

Tell me some games aside from Goldeneye, Conduit, Super Mario & Sonic that was worthwhile buying in the past 2 years that isnt Shovelware or Minigame crap.

Now... lets head to 360 & PS3.
Heck, even the DS had more worthwhile games than the Wii.
:L

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 11:21:59 AM
CoD is on Wii aswell.
¬_¬

Tell me some games aside from Goldeneye, Conduit, Super Mario & Sonic that was worthwhile buying in the past 2 years that isnt Shovelware or Minigame crap.

Now... lets head to 360 & PS3.
Heck, even the DS had more worthwhile games than the Wii.
I know it is.

Rune Factory Frontier, Megaman 10, anything with the name Bit Trip, Metriod: Other M. My mind isn't working right now 'cause I'm tired, but the system isn't dead, especially since it's still getting games. You're just too stubborn to accept it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 03, 2011, 11:37:58 AM
I know it is.

Rune Factory Frontier, Megaman 10, anything with the name Bit Trip, Metriod: Other M. My mind isn't working right now 'cause I'm tired, but the system isn't dead, especially since it's still getting games. You're just too stubborn to accept it.

Other M was bad, Megaman 10 aint a Wii Exclusive & Rune Factory is on Playstation 3 aswell as DS.

Next Try.

SmashFinale

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 11:52:41 AM
Other M was bad, Megaman 10 aint a Wii Exclusive & Rune Factory is on Playstation 3 aswell as DS.

Next Try.
Let me take a swing at the genitals.
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, No More Heroes 2, Cave Story Wii,Kirby Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Monster Hunter Tri.

That exclusive enough?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 03, 2011, 12:00:16 PM
Let me take a swing at the genitals.
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, No More Heroes 2, Cave Story Wii,Kirby Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Monster Hunter Tri.

That exclusive enough?

Monster Hunter 3 Online is dead.

The other side has MvC3, Super Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter X Tekken...

No More Heroes 2 actually sold pretty well with about 300'000 copies *cough* and is getting ported to 360/PS3.

Cave Story is a WiiWare Title?

So congratz... we now have Goldeneye 007, Conduit 2, Kirbys Yarn, Mario Galaxy 2 & Donkey Kong which recently made the Wii worthwile to buy.

...and i just realised Conduit 2 sold like no copies. And away is another one.

Next Try.

Next Try~

Hakudamashi

Sonic Colors, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Mario Kart Wii, Nights Journey of Dreams, Super Paper Mario, SSBB, Pokemon Battle Rev
And I can still go on
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

In the last two years free of the already mentioned, NSMBWii and SMG2 were released. They are now on my top 20 list of fantastic games. Both of them. And SMG2 was rated a perfect ten by about 6 reviewers, the average being no less than about 8.

When Skyward Sword comes out, there will be an uproar. Heck, alot of people are squeezing out the best in the console right now as we speak. Games have been given special mention in articles recently about just that.

SmashFinale

...Kirby Returns To Dreamland?

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 01:55:35 PM
No More Heroes 2 actually sold pretty well with about 300'000 copies *cough* and is getting ported to 360/PS3.
is it me, or does PS3 ALWAYS get games ported to them, but RARELY has any games going for them?

Tanassy

I wouldn't say PlayStation doesn't get good games of their own. There have/are going to be lots of interesting exclusives.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Tana~ on August 03, 2011, 03:07:18 PM
I wouldn't say PlayStation doesn't get good games of their own. There have/are going to be lots of interesting exclusives.
The Wii and 360 just get much more exclusives... MUCH MORE

Tanassy

Well of course they do. Because they get the attraction of cheap companies looking to work with their most recent gimmick.

That's not to say they're always terrible. But it is to say that I've liked a lot more PS3 exclusives than 360 ones, and well, me being a Nintendo fanboy doesn't merit the question.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 03, 2011, 03:08:25 PM
The Wii and 360 just get much more exclusives... MUCH MORE
Quality over quantity anyone?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on August 03, 2011, 03:19:43 PM
Quality over quantity anyone?
So that's why PS3 always get ports of GOOD games...

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 03, 2011, 03:53:57 PM
So that's why PS3 always get ports of GOOD games...
And in it's own right, good games. To be honest I haven't played many ports, only exclusives and multiplatform.

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 11:52:41 AM

Next Try.
I hate to tell you, but Rune Factory: Tides of Destiney is the first RF game for PS3...And it isn't even out yet. And RF Frontier WAS a Wii exclusive. It was a direct sequel to the first game on DS.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 12:36:51 AM
I hate to tell you, but Rune Factory: Tides of Destiney is the first RF game for PS3...And it isn't even out yet. And RF Frontier WAS a Wii exclusive. It was a direct sequel to the first game on DS.

...with its amazing 250'000 Copies its no wonder that developer moved on to the PS3.

If Franchise Game is on another, more powerful, System; what do you think People would buy?

Also, that Game came out 2009. :L

Next Try.

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 04, 2011, 01:39:43 AM
...with its amazing 250'000 Copies its no wonder that developer moved on to the PS3.

If Franchise Game is on another, more powerful, System; what do you think People would buy?

Also, that Game came out 2009. :L

Next Try.

You said within the last two years, did you not?

And the new game is for Wii too, which is what I'll most likely be getting it for.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Stop being stubborn, Kyo. Jkid isn't the only satisfied customer.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 01:44:26 AM
You said within the last two years, did you not?

And the new game is for Wii too, which is what I'll most likely be getting it for.

Two Years.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 03:10:58 AM
LAST two years. 2011 isn't over yet, hun.

2009 is another Story.
I'm not sayin' the Wiis been dead forever.
I'm sayin its been dead since last year. :L

Tanassy

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 04, 2011, 03:24:17 AM
2009 is another Story.
I'm not sayin' the Wiis been dead forever.
I'm sayin its been dead since last year. :L
And I'm saying it's not dead. I've seen more people buy Wii's this year than 360's and PS3's combined.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on August 04, 2011, 03:31:18 AM
And I'm saying it's not dead.
This.

Also, Kyo, have you forgotten Kirby Wii and Skyward Sword? Since we're talking 2011. DCKR was good from what I hear.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

24kben

Me and many people I know actually have recently gotten rid of our XBox 360's and replaced them with Wiis.

Bottom line if you're into modification AT ALL the Wii is the sure way to go. And speaking of the Wii being "dead" It's very much alive. Of course there's gonna be less coming to the Wii as we get closer and closer to the launch of it's successor but for now things are still in the pipeline coming down just as before.

You gotta understand the focus behind the Wii and the PS3/360 are very different methodologies for designing, distributing and playing games. Nintendo said "let's not focus so much on graphics and instead really shake things up" because going with the same business model would have ended up with another gamecube. that could have killed Nintendo in the console war.

The Wii is much smaller, lighter and more casual than it's counterparts. And that's good. I never played games anymore on my XBox. I just really don't care for hardcore games anymore. I have a Job, and a lot to do in a day. Gaming is becoming a purely social/time wasting thing. With a little exception for black ops and goldeneye every now and again.

XBox and PS3 make more noise (both figuratively and literally) so that's all anyone sees. Microsoft and Sony are trying to appeal through massive levels, graphics that stun and controls that are dull and uninspired. Nintendo was the first to pull real major innovation in how we interact with games since the original NES.

The fact is, Wii still out-sells XBox and PS3.But the people who play them, and the developers that make games for them just don't feel the need to beat their chests and boast about how amazing they are. That need comes from using an out-dated business model that graphics is the most important innovation. Sorry, the bit-wars are over. It's time to move forward.

Me along with many friends are glad to be on the Nintendo side now. And from this side of the field, Nintendo looks very much alive. Just because Nintendo doesn't pack the power, noise and flamboyancy of a gorilla into the marketing campaign of it's console and games doesn't mean it's dead. But on a different playing field. As these consoles target completely different audiences.

I, for one, can't wait for Just Dance 3! :P

jkid101094

Quote from: 24kben on August 04, 2011, 04:09:29 AM
Me and many people I know actually have recently gotten rid of our XBox 360's and replaced them with Wiis.

Bottom line if you're into modification AT ALL the Wii is the sure way to go. And speaking of the Wii being "dead" It's very much alive. Of course there's gonna be less coming to the Wii as we get closer and closer to the launch of it's successor but for now things are still in the pipeline coming down just as before.

You gotta understand the focus behind the Wii and the PS3/360 are very different methodologies for designing, distributing and playing games. Nintendo said "let's not focus so much on graphics and instead really shake things up" because going with the same business model would have ended up with another gamecube. that could have killed Nintendo in the console war.

The Wii is much smaller, lighter and more casual than it's counterparts. And that's good. I never played games anymore on my XBox. I just really don't care for hardcore games anymore. I have a Job, and a lot to do in a day. Gaming is becoming a purely social/time wasting thing. With a little exception for black ops and goldeneye every now and again.

XBox and PS3 make more noise (both figuratively and literally) so that's all anyone sees. Microsoft and Sony are trying to appeal through massive levels, graphics that stun and controls that are dull and uninspired. Nintendo was the first to pull real major innovation in how we interact with games since the original NES.

The fact is, Wii still out-sells XBox and PS3.But the people who play them, and the developers that make games for them just don't feel the need to beat their chests and boast about how amazing they are. That need comes from using an out-dated business model that graphics is the most important innovation. Sorry, the bit-wars are over. It's time to move forward.

Me along with many friends are glad to be on the Nintendo side now. And from this side of the field, Nintendo looks very much alive. Just because Nintendo doesn't pack the power, noise and flamboyancy of a gorilla into the marketing campaign of it's console and games doesn't mean it's dead. But on a different playing field. As these consoles target completely different audiences.

I, for one, can't wait for Just Dance 3! :P
I agree with pretty much everything here, 'cept for that last line. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

24kben

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 04:17:56 AM
I agree with pretty much everything here, 'cept for that last line. :P
Welll... My girlfriend and I play Just Dance 2 so it's more of "I can't wait to play JD3 with her~ ;) " lol

Hakudamashi

Quote from: 24kben on August 04, 2011, 04:26:31 AM
Welll... My girlfriend and I play Just Dance 2 so it's more of "I can't wait to play JD3 with her~ ;) " lol
and touch her in the name of an accident
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 04:03:00 AM
This.

Also, Kyo, have you forgotten Kirby Wii and Skyward Sword? Since we're talking 2011. DCKR was good from what I hear.

I've listed those.

Quote from: Tana~ on August 04, 2011, 03:31:18 AM
I've seen more people buy Wii's this year than 360's and PS3's combined.

5,4 Million PS3 Units
4,9 Million DS Units
4,7 Million Wii Units
4,6 Million 360 Units
3,4 Million PSP Units
3,3 Million 3DS Units
1,5 Million PS2 Units

Tanassy

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 04, 2011, 05:15:35 AM
I've listed those.

5,4 Million PS3 Unites
4,9 Million DS Unites
4,7 Million Wii Unites
4,6 Million 360 Unites
3,4 Million PSP Unites
3,3 Million 3DS Unites
1,5 Million PS2 Unites
Which doesn't include any particular demographic, OR pre-owned or second hand sales.

Also, Units*

shadowDOESrock

pre-owned sales are worthless for companys.
>.>

In other news i looked at the sales for the year 2000;

5,6 Million PS2 Units
3,3 Million GB Units
1,0 Million PS Units   
1,0 Million PockSt Units   
0,4 Million PS Units   
0,3 Million N64 Units
0,3 Million WSC Units
0,2 Million WS Units   
0,1 Million NGP Units   
0,001 Million SNES Units

What the fuck is a PockSt, WST, WS & NGP.

Tanassy

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 04, 2011, 05:30:31 AM
pre-owned sales are worthless for companys.
But not for the end user, hello, are you listening to this conversation? Do you remember the topic? Also, Companies*

You've lost track of your own argument Kyo. This was never about the company.

shadowDOESrock

The next time you'll correct me i'll fucking slap you.

Tanassy

jkid101094

*Is tempted to crack the lover quarell joke*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Well by this time next year, Wii will be dead. Dead and replaced by the Wii U. So it wouldnt surprise anyone if Nintendo stop making games for the Wii anyways now would it.

If that makes sense.

24kben

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 04, 2011, 07:07:56 AM
Well by this time next year, Wii will be dead. Dead and replaced by the Wii U. So it wouldnt surprise anyone if Nintendo stop making games for the Wii anyways now would it.

If that makes sense.
Indeed. Let's just watch as XBox 360 starts to "die" once a new console is announced. Whenever that may be. This isn't new to Nintendo.

I mean, heck, why make a Wii Game if there's a more powerful Wii coming out with HD and even more options for innovation than before, right?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 04, 2011, 07:07:56 AM

If that makes sense.
The PS2 didn't die instantly when the PS3 came out, so why the Wii?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 04, 2011, 11:23:07 AM
The PS2 didn't die instantly when the PS3 came out, so why the Wii?
Because Sony killed backwards capability for the PS3 so they could keep the PS2 alive. The Wii U will play Wii games so the only people who'll really be using it are Homebrew users.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 11:28:12 AM
Because Sony killed backwards capability for the PS3 so they could keep the PS2 alive. The Wii U will play Wii games so the only people who'll really be using it are Homebrew users.
The early models of the PS3 could play PS2 games
It was after they realized the PS2 still sells that they got rid of backwards compatibility
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 04, 2011, 11:31:26 AM
The early models of the PS3 could play PS2 games
It was after they realized the PS2 still sells that they got rid of backwards compatibility
That and people couldn't afford a PS3. :P

If the Wii U is priced at about $500 then people will keep their Wii until they can afford one.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

The Wii U is a thing that either will bomb or rocket launch.
We havent seen anything the system has to offer.
The PS4 is on its march and Sony said they wont making a Powerconsole like the PS3. So thats a plus for the Wii U, i suposse.

Then theres is Microsoft who stated that Kinect marks the mid-point of the 360 Lifespan.
But they'll probably be forced to make a new console to compete.

E3 2012 will be the most epic thing since E3 2006.

And nothing will ever be priced 500USD again.
Sony learned its lesson.
Nintendo knows best.
And Microsoft learned its lesson too...

Hakudamashi

Omfg not another console cycle
My wallet can't manage
AND I'm losing space in my home :(
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

24kben

Sony intends on keeping the PS3 going a bit longer. Even if they do announce something at E3 '12 it'll be at least 2015 by the time we see it and that's going by their own "10 year life span" quotes. Then again, we're talking about Sony here.. so who knows.

Honestly I think a new more powerful generation this early would be a mistake. The Wii needs this update to compete with the performance of the 360/PS3.

If the XBox 360 is a warehouse of power, and the PS3 a flood of megahertz why update yet? All MS and Sony should be doing is a small, incremental kind of thing like we've seen with Kinect. Change the experience without a new $250+ price tag.

It's too early for a new generation of powerhouse gaming. Especially with the economy like it is, no one can justify dropping that kind of money again for something as frivolous as a new console.

This could bomb bad.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

popcan171

the wii isnt very good and now there making a wii u witch sounds stupid they need to make a system like the 64 actualy they should make a n 64 2012 remake lol

Tanassy

24kben

Quote from: popcan171 on August 04, 2011, 09:58:21 PM
the wii isnt very good and now there making a wii u witch sounds stupid they need to make a system like the 64 actualy they should make a n 64 2012 remake lol
That depends on how you define "good". If you're just taking graphics into account that's true. But graphics doesn't make the game.

Nowadays games aren't about the playability it's the graphics. We won't have many, if any, "classics" come out of this generation. Just graphically pleasing fads. -_-

Just as long as that God forsaken N64 controller never rears it's ugly head around that might be cool XD

shadowDOESrock

we do.

But you dont call something Classic while the Gen is still runnin'
>.>

Iwillbenapo

Napo.

24kben

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 05, 2011, 10:59:02 PM
we do.

But you dont call something Classic while the Gen is still runnin'
>.>
True. But for all the games we've loved, and the one's we'll remember fondly, there aren't many that stand out exceptionally except from a huge graphically evolutionary stand point. COD MW might, because it changed the direction of shooters forever. I'll give you that. But innovation is so sparse, because all we seem to want it bigger screens with more dense pixels and games to match.

We have good games, yes. But great? ehh...

Tanassy

Quote from: 24kben on August 08, 2011, 11:44:35 AM
True. But for all the games we've loved, and the one's we'll remember fondly, there aren't many that stand out exceptionally except from a huge graphically evolutionary stand point. COD MW might, because it changed the direction of shooters forever. I'll give you that. But innovation is so sparse, because all we seem to want it bigger screens with more dense pixels and games to match.

We have good games, yes. But great? ehh...
The only definition of "Great games" I believe in is when every element in it's design comes together and compliments the experience. Games like Star Fox 64. Games like Super Mario Galaxy. Games like OoT. I don't give a toss about innovation either as long as the game is great in that respect. other games are "Good", "Worth playing", but when the immersion, attention to detail and polish is there, I'll consider it a classic.

24kben

Okay, I admit Super Mario Galaxy may be the best game i've played in a long time. And it feels so much like Super Mario 64. Innovation doesn't exist in this game it's just pure fun XD

Tanassy

Quote from: 24kben on August 09, 2011, 09:25:45 AM
Okay, I admit Super Mario Galaxy may be the best game i've played in a long time. And it feels so much like Super Mario 64. Innovation doesn't exist in this game it's just pure fun XD
Innovation exists in the way the gravity worked, in a way. Though it wasn't *new*, it was still never done like that.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tana~ on August 09, 2011, 09:28:29 AM
Innovation exists in the way the gravity worked, in a way. Though it wasn't *new*, it was still never done like that.
It kinda was in SA2 crazy gadget, and various 2D games
But not to that extent...
Another reason why I hated SMG
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

popcan171

wii was always dead but fun in every ones eyes differentley

Hakudamashi

Quote from: popcan171 on August 09, 2011, 03:46:02 PM
wii was always dead but fun in every ones eyes differentley

Okay, what do YOU mean by dead?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

sonicknuckles01

QuoteFrom what I've seen it's something like that. Just go check YT. :3
This is right.