Sonic Generations (Wii is dead) Topic Split

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 02, 2011, 01:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 03, 2011, 03:08:25 PM
The Wii and 360 just get much more exclusives... MUCH MORE
Quality over quantity anyone?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on August 03, 2011, 03:19:43 PM
Quality over quantity anyone?
So that's why PS3 always get ports of GOOD games...

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 03, 2011, 03:53:57 PM
So that's why PS3 always get ports of GOOD games...
And in it's own right, good games. To be honest I haven't played many ports, only exclusives and multiplatform.

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 03, 2011, 11:52:41 AM
Other M was bad, Megaman 10 aint a Wii Exclusive & Rune Factory is on Playstation 3 aswell as DS.

Next Try.
I hate to tell you, but Rune Factory: Tides of Destiney is the first RF game for PS3...And it isn't even out yet. And RF Frontier WAS a Wii exclusive. It was a direct sequel to the first game on DS.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 12:36:51 AM
I hate to tell you, but Rune Factory: Tides of Destiney is the first RF game for PS3...And it isn't even out yet. And RF Frontier WAS a Wii exclusive. It was a direct sequel to the first game on DS.

...with its amazing 250'000 Copies its no wonder that developer moved on to the PS3.

If Franchise Game is on another, more powerful, System; what do you think People would buy?

Also, that Game came out 2009. :L

Next Try.

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 04, 2011, 01:39:43 AM
...with its amazing 250'000 Copies its no wonder that developer moved on to the PS3.

If Franchise Game is on another, more powerful, System; what do you think People would buy?

Also, that Game came out 2009. :L

Next Try.

You said within the last two years, did you not?

And the new game is for Wii too, which is what I'll most likely be getting it for.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Stop being stubborn, Kyo. Jkid isn't the only satisfied customer.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 01:44:26 AM
You said within the last two years, did you not?

And the new game is for Wii too, which is what I'll most likely be getting it for.

Two Years.
:L

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2011, 03:10:58 AM
LAST two years. 2011 isn't over yet, hun.

2009 is another Story.
I'm not sayin' the Wiis been dead forever.
I'm sayin its been dead since last year. :L

Tanassy

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 04, 2011, 03:24:17 AM
2009 is another Story.
I'm not sayin' the Wiis been dead forever.
I'm sayin its been dead since last year. :L
And I'm saying it's not dead. I've seen more people buy Wii's this year than 360's and PS3's combined.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on August 04, 2011, 03:31:18 AM
And I'm saying it's not dead.
This.

Also, Kyo, have you forgotten Kirby Wii and Skyward Sword? Since we're talking 2011. DCKR was good from what I hear.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

24kben

Me and many people I know actually have recently gotten rid of our XBox 360's and replaced them with Wiis.

Bottom line if you're into modification AT ALL the Wii is the sure way to go. And speaking of the Wii being "dead" It's very much alive. Of course there's gonna be less coming to the Wii as we get closer and closer to the launch of it's successor but for now things are still in the pipeline coming down just as before.

You gotta understand the focus behind the Wii and the PS3/360 are very different methodologies for designing, distributing and playing games. Nintendo said "let's not focus so much on graphics and instead really shake things up" because going with the same business model would have ended up with another gamecube. that could have killed Nintendo in the console war.

The Wii is much smaller, lighter and more casual than it's counterparts. And that's good. I never played games anymore on my XBox. I just really don't care for hardcore games anymore. I have a Job, and a lot to do in a day. Gaming is becoming a purely social/time wasting thing. With a little exception for black ops and goldeneye every now and again.

XBox and PS3 make more noise (both figuratively and literally) so that's all anyone sees. Microsoft and Sony are trying to appeal through massive levels, graphics that stun and controls that are dull and uninspired. Nintendo was the first to pull real major innovation in how we interact with games since the original NES.

The fact is, Wii still out-sells XBox and PS3.But the people who play them, and the developers that make games for them just don't feel the need to beat their chests and boast about how amazing they are. That need comes from using an out-dated business model that graphics is the most important innovation. Sorry, the bit-wars are over. It's time to move forward.

Me along with many friends are glad to be on the Nintendo side now. And from this side of the field, Nintendo looks very much alive. Just because Nintendo doesn't pack the power, noise and flamboyancy of a gorilla into the marketing campaign of it's console and games doesn't mean it's dead. But on a different playing field. As these consoles target completely different audiences.

I, for one, can't wait for Just Dance 3! :P

jkid101094

Quote from: 24kben on August 04, 2011, 04:09:29 AM
Me and many people I know actually have recently gotten rid of our XBox 360's and replaced them with Wiis.

Bottom line if you're into modification AT ALL the Wii is the sure way to go. And speaking of the Wii being "dead" It's very much alive. Of course there's gonna be less coming to the Wii as we get closer and closer to the launch of it's successor but for now things are still in the pipeline coming down just as before.

You gotta understand the focus behind the Wii and the PS3/360 are very different methodologies for designing, distributing and playing games. Nintendo said "let's not focus so much on graphics and instead really shake things up" because going with the same business model would have ended up with another gamecube. that could have killed Nintendo in the console war.

The Wii is much smaller, lighter and more casual than it's counterparts. And that's good. I never played games anymore on my XBox. I just really don't care for hardcore games anymore. I have a Job, and a lot to do in a day. Gaming is becoming a purely social/time wasting thing. With a little exception for black ops and goldeneye every now and again.

XBox and PS3 make more noise (both figuratively and literally) so that's all anyone sees. Microsoft and Sony are trying to appeal through massive levels, graphics that stun and controls that are dull and uninspired. Nintendo was the first to pull real major innovation in how we interact with games since the original NES.

The fact is, Wii still out-sells XBox and PS3.But the people who play them, and the developers that make games for them just don't feel the need to beat their chests and boast about how amazing they are. That need comes from using an out-dated business model that graphics is the most important innovation. Sorry, the bit-wars are over. It's time to move forward.

Me along with many friends are glad to be on the Nintendo side now. And from this side of the field, Nintendo looks very much alive. Just because Nintendo doesn't pack the power, noise and flamboyancy of a gorilla into the marketing campaign of it's console and games doesn't mean it's dead. But on a different playing field. As these consoles target completely different audiences.

I, for one, can't wait for Just Dance 3! :P
I agree with pretty much everything here, 'cept for that last line. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.