Sonic Generations (Wii is dead) Topic Split

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 02, 2011, 01:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 04, 2011, 11:31:26 AM
The early models of the PS3 could play PS2 games
It was after they realized the PS2 still sells that they got rid of backwards compatibility
That and people couldn't afford a PS3. :P

If the Wii U is priced at about $500 then people will keep their Wii until they can afford one.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

The Wii U is a thing that either will bomb or rocket launch.
We havent seen anything the system has to offer.
The PS4 is on its march and Sony said they wont making a Powerconsole like the PS3. So thats a plus for the Wii U, i suposse.

Then theres is Microsoft who stated that Kinect marks the mid-point of the 360 Lifespan.
But they'll probably be forced to make a new console to compete.

E3 2012 will be the most epic thing since E3 2006.

And nothing will ever be priced 500USD again.
Sony learned its lesson.
Nintendo knows best.
And Microsoft learned its lesson too...

Hakudamashi

Omfg not another console cycle
My wallet can't manage
AND I'm losing space in my home :(
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

24kben

Sony intends on keeping the PS3 going a bit longer. Even if they do announce something at E3 '12 it'll be at least 2015 by the time we see it and that's going by their own "10 year life span" quotes. Then again, we're talking about Sony here.. so who knows.

Honestly I think a new more powerful generation this early would be a mistake. The Wii needs this update to compete with the performance of the 360/PS3.

If the XBox 360 is a warehouse of power, and the PS3 a flood of megahertz why update yet? All MS and Sony should be doing is a small, incremental kind of thing like we've seen with Kinect. Change the experience without a new $250+ price tag.

It's too early for a new generation of powerhouse gaming. Especially with the economy like it is, no one can justify dropping that kind of money again for something as frivolous as a new console.

This could bomb bad.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

popcan171

the wii isnt very good and now there making a wii u witch sounds stupid they need to make a system like the 64 actualy they should make a n 64 2012 remake lol

Tanassy

24kben

Quote from: popcan171 on August 04, 2011, 09:58:21 PM
the wii isnt very good and now there making a wii u witch sounds stupid they need to make a system like the 64 actualy they should make a n 64 2012 remake lol
That depends on how you define "good". If you're just taking graphics into account that's true. But graphics doesn't make the game.

Nowadays games aren't about the playability it's the graphics. We won't have many, if any, "classics" come out of this generation. Just graphically pleasing fads. -_-

Just as long as that God forsaken N64 controller never rears it's ugly head around that might be cool XD

shadowDOESrock

we do.

But you dont call something Classic while the Gen is still runnin'
>.>

Iwillbenapo

Napo.

24kben

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 05, 2011, 10:59:02 PM
we do.

But you dont call something Classic while the Gen is still runnin'
>.>
True. But for all the games we've loved, and the one's we'll remember fondly, there aren't many that stand out exceptionally except from a huge graphically evolutionary stand point. COD MW might, because it changed the direction of shooters forever. I'll give you that. But innovation is so sparse, because all we seem to want it bigger screens with more dense pixels and games to match.

We have good games, yes. But great? ehh...

Tanassy

Quote from: 24kben on August 08, 2011, 11:44:35 AM
True. But for all the games we've loved, and the one's we'll remember fondly, there aren't many that stand out exceptionally except from a huge graphically evolutionary stand point. COD MW might, because it changed the direction of shooters forever. I'll give you that. But innovation is so sparse, because all we seem to want it bigger screens with more dense pixels and games to match.

We have good games, yes. But great? ehh...
The only definition of "Great games" I believe in is when every element in it's design comes together and compliments the experience. Games like Star Fox 64. Games like Super Mario Galaxy. Games like OoT. I don't give a toss about innovation either as long as the game is great in that respect. other games are "Good", "Worth playing", but when the immersion, attention to detail and polish is there, I'll consider it a classic.

24kben

Okay, I admit Super Mario Galaxy may be the best game i've played in a long time. And it feels so much like Super Mario 64. Innovation doesn't exist in this game it's just pure fun XD

Tanassy

Quote from: 24kben on August 09, 2011, 09:25:45 AM
Okay, I admit Super Mario Galaxy may be the best game i've played in a long time. And it feels so much like Super Mario 64. Innovation doesn't exist in this game it's just pure fun XD
Innovation exists in the way the gravity worked, in a way. Though it wasn't *new*, it was still never done like that.