Okay, Psyco parent alert...

Started by SonicFan47, January 27, 2009, 01:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicFan47

Ever heard a site called whattheyplay.com?
Well, It was created so that parents can know what is in the games that their children own or want to buy.
Personally, I find it slightly inaccurate (A Mario Galaxy Collectors COIN is rated E? ???) and it has almost as many winy spammers as these very forums.
There are, however, people who try to make good, genuine points either for or against certain games.
Some of these people are stupid. REALLY stupid.

Here's an example of a sane person (a teen, I should add). Game: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

I suggest you read the following review, because it might be helpful ^^

Anyways, to start with the Christian stuff, I, myself, am Christian. Yes there are "goddesses" and "sages", but please trust your kids with that! Do you really think they'll just start believing in gods from their video game? When you were a kid would YOU do that? Many parents trust their kids with anything or don't trust them with anything.

Now some replys to stuff:

REPLYS TO *BOB* (Name Changed):
He said: When you kill this ghost/zombie/evil dude kind of monster, its corpse (which is covered by a black robe.) is in the place where it died for the entire game.
He said: There is lots of hacking, slashing, and stabbing in the game.
I say: There is virtually no blood. Compared to games like Grand Theft Auto (Which 10 year olds play) this is nothing.
He said: As a wolf you can tackle and bruttaly kill enemies
I say: Thats nature, actually, not even as bad as nature. People should be able to handle that.
He said: There is a town that is deserted and shows signs of a struggle. Characters imply the inhabitants were killed by monsters.
I say: No one lives in that town except one woman, and the inhabitants did die, but not by monsters, but naturally.
He said: A character is shown executed by being impaled with a sword.
I say: There was NO blood. Its no better than the news about war or Araq.
He said: When the protagonist is on a horse, you can run over monsters that are stunned, and a disturbing crack is heard.
I say: This does no damage to the monsters, so its just more of an accident unless intended by the player.
He says: A character gives her life ro save another
I say: Shes not giving her life, shes giving some of her power to save the other. Its like donating blood LOL.
He said: There are certain puzzels that are extremley difficult. Younger people may be frustrated by these.

Younger players will nead patience because there is a long time from the beginning of the game to the part where you fight monsters.
I say: Thats the good part. Yay for puzzle games!

Here is the psycho parent mentioned in the title. Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

We've gotten rid of this particular game at my home, it causes all of my boys (and I have 5 of them) to get progressively nastier and uglier the longer they play it.

And for all of you teenagers who think you are so clever by writing reviews that are argumentative and defiant of the published overall review....it's obvious you are a kid who likes your video games and doesn't want to be told what to do. Why are you wasting your time arguing about reviews that are intended for parents who actually CARE about what their children are playing? This is a forum for parents to get information about what is actually in the video games, not a site that puts down your favorite game. So stop arguing and posting such obnoxious reviews. Or do you just like spouting off your attitude?

Now go do something worthwhile, like your homework.

Does that strike anyone as a little...I don't know...Evil?
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Hakudamashi

DAMMIT AND THESE LONGS POST DX but I'll read as much as I can

Never heard of the site,but it sounds like a place ppl abuse and b*tch about games
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

DatzAmorayEX

Doing your homework is not worthwhile, lady... or man... or whoever parent wrote that!
"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

Elija2

Wow, these parents are serious. If they don't like the game, fine. But don't complain about it to other people.

Super Empra

Thses parents are so stupid. Since when was Zelda a really violent game. Ocarina of Time is probably rated the best game ever.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

Shadow84786

Wow these parents are stupid since when was Brawl and Zelda a violent game there cartoon violent

Gleech

Quote from: SonicFan47 on January 27, 2009, 01:13:20 PM
Well, It was created so that parents can know what is in the games that their children own or want to buy.
Personally, I find it slightly inaccurate (A Mario Galaxy Collectors COIN is rated E? ???) and it has almost as many winy spammers as these very forums.
There are, however, people who try to make good, genuine points either for or against certain games.

Here's an example of a sane person (a teen, I should add). Game: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Anyways, to start with the Christian stuff, I, myself, am Christian. Yes there are "goddesses" and "sages", but please trust your kids with that! Do you really think they'll just start believing in gods from their video game? When you were a kid would YOU do that? Many parents trust their kids with anything or don't trust them with anything.

He said: When you kill this ghost/zombie/evil dude kind of monster, its corpse (which is covered by a black robe.) is in the place where it died for the entire game.
I say: There is virtually no blood. Compared to games like Grand Theft Auto (Which 10 year olds play) this is nothing.
I say: Thats nature, actually, not even as bad as nature. People should be able to handle that.
He said: There is a town that is deserted and shows signs of a struggle. Characters imply the inhabitants were killed by monsters.
I say: No one lives in that town except one woman, and the inhabitants did die, but not by monsters, but naturally.
He said: When the protagonist is on a horse, you can run over monsters that are stunned, and a disturbing crack is heard.
I say: This does no damage to the monsters, so its just more of an accident unless intended by the player.
I say: Shes not giving her life, shes giving some of her power to save the other. Its like donating blood LOL.
He said: There are certain puzzels that are extremley difficult. Younger people may be frustrated by these.

Younger players will nead patience because there is a long time from the beginning of the game to the part where you fight monsters.

Here is the psycho parent mentioned in the title. Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

We've gotten rid of this particular game at my home, it causes all of my boys (and I have 5 of them) to get progressively nastier and uglier the longer they play it.

And for all of you teenagers who think you are so clever by writing reviews that are argumentative and defiant of the published overall review....it's obvious you are a kid who likes your video games and doesn't want to be told what to do. Why are you wasting your time arguing about reviews that are intended for parents who actually CARE about what their children are playing? This is a forum for parents to get information about what is actually in the video games, not a site that puts down your favorite game. So stop arguing and posting such obnoxious reviews. Or do you just like spouting off your attitude?

yeah, homework doesnt even help my brain... unless its interesting... XD but i liked the person who did the review on LoZ:TP (lol, tp (toilet paper)), they made some very good points

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

ChaosDazer

God, the web theese days. This website is set out to bring down ANY game. It sucks. 'nuff said.
witty sig caption

Gleech

seriously, people need to stop saying, "VIDEO GAMES ARE SO BAD THAT KIDS SHOULD NEVER PLAY THEM EVER EVER EEEEEEVVVVVVVEEERRRR PLUS THEY'LL GET FAT!" I mean seriously, Video Games are not THAT bad... and im sure people get the wrong impressions from TV and stuff on how the news handles video games -_-' sure some are bad, but not ALL of them... i mean Brawl really isnt that bad of a game... sure you have the ppl who get mad when they lose but thats THEIR problem, THEY are the ones who have a problem with their temper... sure they get you mad at points though, but you just need to learn how to control it (im getting there :P)

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

darkness shadow

Quote from: Gleech on January 28, 2009, 04:54:01 AM
the ppl who get mad when they lose
there is a simple solution 2 that, turn the difficulty down, if it's still 2 hard there is training
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultrashadow on January 28, 2009, 06:21:30 AM

there is a simple solution 2 that, turn the difficulty down, if it's still 2 hard there is training
What about the online players that spam cheap moves?coughpituserscough
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on January 28, 2009, 06:49:55 AM

Why would parents let their 7 year old kids play online?  :P

Super Empra

Quote from: windlessusher on January 28, 2009, 06:49:55 AM

What about kirby?coughUpBspammerscough

Rainage

they'd probly rate that with zelda

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

ArsTarpool

What the fuck. Seriosuly, man.
They'll problably say that Kirby is part of a Satanic Caniballistic Cult.
And theyre acting like WE dont know what is in video games.

SonicFan47

Quote from: ArsTarpool on February 20, 2009, 08:10:14 AM
What the ****. Seriosuly, man.
They'll problably say that Kirby is part of a Satanic Caniballistic Cult.
And theyre acting like WE dont know what is in video games.
We might know what's in the games, but we might not realize that some of it happens in the real world or what it's significance is.
Sig attempt #7!

Dark Tails

Ive seen sites like this.

One site had all these winy bitches that were like 8 saying how gta is a ok game for everyone to play, and all these 40 year old people complaining about every f*cking rated E game there is, like saying you shouldnt play Sonic Adventure DX because "as sonic, you kill many creatures along your way".

Preaty gay sites, if you ask me, if you want to rate a game to see if its ok for your children, then RENT THE F*CKING GAME FROM BLOCKBUSTER AND TRY IT OUT YOURSELF because sites like that are always run by kids who are trying to get their parents to let them play the game by making a fake account, writing a fake review, or crazy parents who think that video games should be banned.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Dark Tails on February 21, 2009, 03:59:49 PM
Ive seen sites like this.

One site had all these winy bitches that were like 8 saying how gta is a ok game for everyone to play, and all these 40 year old people complaining about every f*cking rated E game there is, like saying you shouldnt play Sonic Adventure DX because "as sonic, you kill many creatures along your way".

Preaty gay sites, if you ask me, if you want to rate a game to see if its ok for your children, then RENT THE F*CKING GAME FROM BLOCKBUSTER AND TRY IT OUT YOURSELF because sites like that are always run by kids who are trying to get their parents to let them play the game by making a fake account, writing a fake review, or crazy parents who think that video games should be banned.
THE INTERNET
It's over run with retards >_>
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on February 22, 2009, 04:07:55 PM
THE INTERNET
It's over run with retards >_>
Hmmm...
I think that could be part of a motivational poster...LIKE THIS ONE!
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on February 22, 2009, 04:50:52 PM
Hmmm...
I think that could be part of a motivational poster...LIKE THIS ONE!

woops typo XP
it's overrun
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

neosonic978

ummmmm that site is kinda wierd but my parents dont know about it heheheh so im hiding it from my parents

Eryth

Quote from: Gleech on January 28, 2009, 04:54:01 AM
seriously, people need to stop saying, "VIDEO GAMES ARE SO BAD THAT KIDS SHOULD NEVER PLAY THEM EVER EVER EEEEEEVVVVVVVEEERRRR PLUS THEY'LL GET FAT!" I mean seriously, Video Games are not THAT bad... and im sure people get the wrong impressions from TV and stuff on how the news handles video games -_-' sure some are bad, but not ALL of them... i mean Brawl really isnt that bad of a game... sure you have the ppl who get mad when they lose but thats THEIR problem, THEY are the ones who have a problem with their temper... sure they get you mad at points though, but you just need to learn how to control it (im getting there :P)

If you don't want your kids to get fat and/or play too many video games then don't home school them. The only people I know with gaming problems are home schooled. Unless they do go to school and skip a lot, but I don't know anyone who does.
-"Why do you press the same button to punch and to talk to someone?"

Let the people be warned; violent and peaceful interaction are now rolled into one button. Use with caution.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Eryth on February 27, 2009, 06:23:37 AM
If you don't want your kids to get fat and/or play too many video games then don't home school them. The only people I know with gaming problems are home schooled. Unless they do go to school and skip a lot, but I don't know anyone who does.
The guy you just quoted is home schooled :P

Try again
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

friesnchip

I hate parents like this, how can they decide what is bad and not when they have not freakin idea, don't you think they should AT LEAST LISTEN TO OUR SIDE OF THE STORY?

darkness shadow

Quote from: friesnchip on February 27, 2009, 08:00:16 AM
I hate parents like this, how can they decide what is bad and not when they have not freakin idea, don't you think they should AT LEAST LISTEN TO OUR SIDE OF THE STORY?
amen to that, but they don't listen 2 us, because they think they know best
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

SonicFan47

Quote from: ultrashadow on February 27, 2009, 09:25:26 AM
amen to that, but they don't listen 2 us, because they think they know best
While I agree to that, but after reading some of the comments on that site, I also partially agree with the parent.

Yes, it's true that video games can influence our actions,
BUT...
I don't believe them to have any more influence on us than movies or REAL LIFE!
Sig attempt #7!

EliteDrkLrd

honestly video games havebt infulenced me to do anythimg. i play gta4 and i dont walk around shooting ppl and steeling cars. I HATE THESE STUPID WEBSITES THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEN MADE THEY MAKE GAMES SOUND 100 BILLION TIMES WORSE THEN THE R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

my website banner that i made visit my website today: http://www.eliteshacks.webs.com/

revenger

NeoMetalSonic

wow. Like, Legend of Zelda? It's made by Nintendo! They have like, never made a Rated M game! (that I know of)

SonicFan47

Quote from: jonXjon on March 05, 2009, 12:47:36 PM
wow. Like, Legend of Zelda? It's made by Nintendo! They have like, never made a Rated M game! (that I know of)
They haven't made any, but there have been a few of them on the Gamecube and Wii.
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 05, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
They haven't made any, but there have been a few of them on the Gamecube and Wii.
Like No More Heroes  :)
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 05, 2009, 03:10:55 PM
Like No More Heroes  :)
And Killer 7, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes...
There's quite a few, actually.
Sig attempt #7!

Crazy_mofo213

I swear those parents are flat out retarded. Puzzles are to hard? WTF!?!? Isn't that a good thing since it requires you to THINK.

Newbiedud2

Ok Dudes Go n' Play The Most Newbiest Game... HABBO!
I Am Not A Psycho, Maybe. ;D

Kristomaster

It's not psyco parent alert, but hyperoverprotectiveparents alert, seriously, they are TOO careful with their children. Thanks for writing this!
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

I think they wouldn't be so assish if they tried it themsleves(but something small first like Tetris
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Kristomaster

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 03:56:44 AM
I think they wouldn't be so assish if they tried it themsleves(but something small first like Tetris

Yeah, but isn't Tetris a bit hard? They should try Freddy the Fish first :P Seriously, parents must play more games so they can understand more!
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kristomaster on March 29, 2009, 09:22:08 AM
Yeah, but isn't Tetris a bit hard? They should try Freddy the Fish first :P Seriously, parents must play more games so they can understand more!
Nah,I say tetris,that thing is addictive
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

KevChaos86

Yeah, you can never go wrong with Tetris. Unfortunately, you can never reason with a biased hyperprotective parent either...  ::)

But hell, the only thing video games ever influenced me to do was seek out more video games. They're just entertainment... and they're already rated for content too.   :P
- Kev

chet

Quote from: DatzAmorayEX on January 27, 2009, 01:36:57 PM
Doing your homework is not worthwhile, lady... or man... or whoever parent wrote that!
actually, id say doing your homework IS worthwile, since it impacts your future life.
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

Super Empra

Quote from: chet on March 31, 2009, 04:51:35 PM
actually, id say doing your homework IS worthwile, since it impacts your future life.

Homework doesn't teach me anything.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

PileOPapers

sonicmario99

parents these days have no rememberance of when they where a kid.

SonicFan47

Quote from: sonicmario99 on April 06, 2009, 01:23:38 PM
parents these days have no rememberance of when they where a kid.
When most of our parents were kids, the worst (most violent) game on the market was Space Invaders.
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on April 06, 2009, 01:33:00 PM
When most of our parents were kids, the worst (most violent) game on the market was Space Invaders.
Most of the grown-ups I know never even knew what a video game was when they were kids
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on April 06, 2009, 01:47:59 PM
Most of the grown-ups I know never even knew what a video game was when they were kids
Okay, In that case...
The most violent game on the market was operation.
Sig attempt #7!

Super Empra

My science teacher doesn't really like video games. She says they are too addictive. She said: "i remember that me and me friends got addicted to those little sonic games in university, we eventually stopped playing them".

SonicFan47

Quote from: Super Empra on April 06, 2009, 10:54:22 PM
My science teacher doesn't really like video games. She says they are too addictive. She said: "i remember that me and me friends got addicted to those little sonic games in university, we eventually stopped playing them".
And I'm not going to say that isn't true.
Video Games are very addictive, that's why they sell so well.
Sig attempt #7!

KevChaos86

Well, is it any wonder gaming is such an addicting hobby when reality for many ppl is such a crappy alternative?  ;)
- Kev

Kristomaster

Quote from: KevChaos86 on April 07, 2009, 09:54:36 PM
Well, is it any wonder gaming is such an addicting hobby when reality for many ppl is such a crappy alternative?  ;)
Can't agree more, to prevent real-life murders, why don't let us kill people in games, release our anger on them? Not that I do that though...
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

KevChaos86

There's alot of games today that enable the player to run about like a homicidal maniac, Kristo. They're usually rated Mature...  :P.
- Kev

JetTheHawk

Quote from: KevChaos86 on April 10, 2009, 04:44:56 PM
There's alot of games today that enable the player to run about like a homicidal maniac, Kristo. They're usually rated Mature...  :P.
Yeah thats why ESRB has been like all over the GTA series
NO SIGNATURE

Kristomaster

Quote from: jet on April 10, 2009, 04:50:26 PM
Yeah thats why ESRB has been like all over the GTA series
And that's why the mad lady at the games store wont let me BUY THE GAME, because psycho parents have complained!!!! Not my parents but some others'
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Anonymous56

I Agree with you what if that changes pols opponions about games when it is just people areguing because they can't stand people saying bad things about there facourite game, although if the ppl that made bad comments were wrong theni would be okay about that

Elija2

Quote from: Anonymous56 on July 06, 2009, 09:56:51 AM
I Agree with you what if that changes pols opponions about games when it is just people areguing because they can't stand people saying bad things about there facourite game, although if the ppl that made bad comments were wrong theni would be okay about that

Okay, Major bumper alert...

thesateofsonic

parentes over react to everything as if its a plage

xaio

hey, i'm lucky my dad EMBRACES latting kids play whatever we want (as long as it doesn't have "ahemsmexahem in it) unlike my mom, she wants me to GTFA (get the freak AWAY) from my cpu, because i beez sleepeh in teh mornin.(NATURAL) also, i read the first page, and
1: TP IS A BLOOD-LESS GAME!!! so that guy is a ar-tard
1 1/2:SSBB IS NOT A MAKE-MAD GAME!!!
2:that parent is a demon

3:KIRBY IS NOT SANTANIC!!! he eats OTHER ANIMALS not other KIRBIES!!!!

(elija, since this was re-newed, is this a bump?)

T3T
THE BRO SOCIETY!!!
bros:
michael(shiner)
HMS7
jeexx
light
sonic360
wind
wtf? i jsut noticed!! RENDEL'S NOT ON HERE!!!
i thank rendel for the sexy pic he drew me!! http://i44.tinypic.com/2hg662d.png
cartoon ver. http://i43.tinypic.com/zj8fly.png

i JIMP'd ~Jizzed In My Pants~ cause
John (same name <333)
Draco
jkid
rendel
(runnin outta space so you know who you are) ARE EPICALL!!!!

Jaedowg

HOLY COW.
I have Twilight Princess. It isn't bad. The Ocarina of Time has more violent refrences.
I'm working my way up to ViP, baby- 2 stars!

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SonicFan47 on January 27, 2009, 01:13:20 PM

Wait what.

Did i just hear that because of Super Smash Brothers Brawl the kids got nastier.

WHAT IN THE JESUS CHRIST OF HELL?

Whats the problem with Kid watching Reviews. I mean. They don't want to play bad games like in the 90's. were you just had to guess. Untill Nintendo Power Came. Then again, when you had Genesis.

TP has blood? I need to play the game again to see that.

and yeah, i said JC of Hell. There is no JC of Hell. That's how stupid this was.