Has pokemon gone downhill?

Started by Barc, March 26, 2010, 03:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barc

the title xplains it all tell me what you think

TheGameNinja

It should be "Has Pokemon gone downhill?"

Anyway, I don't think the games have. They've grown and changed as time has passed and every new generation brings welcome innovation to gameplay... with a few exceptions in Generation III (Ruby & Sapphire).

The anime? Absolutely. They need to let Ash go. Complete his story and send him off to Mt. Silver (I'd be happy to see Misty come back beforehand, though. ;)) Would it be so bad if they gave the show to a new character? They should also fire the writing staff. The same story gets told every season at least twice.

EchidnaPower

If Misty comes back then they don't have to let Ash go. Misty was what gave Ash different personalities and traits at different times. With May or Dawn, it's always the same thing. If Misty were to come back, the anime might even become popular again, it's no coincidence that fans have been begging for a Misty comeback.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: EchidnaPower on March 26, 2010, 06:58:18 PM
If Misty comes back then they don't have to let Ash go. Misty was what gave Ash different personalities and traits at different times. With May or Dawn, it's always the same thing. If Misty were to come back, the anime might even become popular again, it's no coincidence that fans have been begging for a Misty comeback.
Leave Misty alone,she has a gym to run :P(no pun intended)

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 26, 2010, 04:09:23 PM
Anyway, I don't think the games have. They've grown and changed as time has passed and every new generation brings welcome innovation to gameplay... with a few exceptions in Generation III (Ruby & Sapphire).

The anime? Absolutely. The same story gets told every season at least twice.
This
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

The anime? Absolutely. They need to let Ash go. Complete his story and send him off to Mt. Silver. Would it be so bad if they gave the show to a new character? They should also fire the writing staff. The same story gets told every season at least twice.
They did that. I haven't seen the Pokemon gold trainer on T.V. since. :3

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 27, 2010, 07:38:25 AM
you mean that Pokemon chronicles thing?
yeah...
Manga is good too ^_^

Red>>>>>>>Ash
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Windlessusher on March 27, 2010, 07:48:03 AM
yeah...
Manga is good too ^_^

Red>>>>>>>Ash
I think so. I only watched, like, one episode. :)
He had a Typloshion.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 27, 2010, 07:49:47 AM
I think so. I only watched, like, one episode. :)
He had a Typloshion.
in the manga he's called "Gold"(Red still owns)
don't know who he is in the anime
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

xSonic

In my opinion it has gone down.

I used to watch Pokémon when I was younger and I collected the cards. I even remember getting the special card from the first movie.

Barc

It should be "Has Pokemon gone downhill?"

The anime? Absolutely. They need to let Ash go. Complete his story and send him off to Mt. Silver (I'd be happy to see Misty come back beforehand, though. ;)) Would it be so bad if they gave the show to a new character? They should also fire the writing staff. The same story gets told every season at least twice.
I totally agree with you that is exactly waht´s happening (don´t give the capital letters so much credit)

Quote from: EchidnaPower on March 26, 2010, 06:58:18 PM
the problem is that dumbash trainer and not even misty could fix the great mistake the did already

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 27, 2010, 07:38:25 AM
I think they should use the oportunity HG and SS gave them to let him be the new protagonist of the anime along withn the new battle frontier
Quote from: Windlessusher on March 27, 2010, 07:48:03 AM
yeah...
Manga is good too ^_^

Red>>>>>>>Ash

I LOVE THE POKEMON SPECIAL MANGA is just as the pokemon world should be

Quote from: Windlessusher on March 27, 2010, 08:45:18 AM
in the manga he's called "Gold"(Red still owns)
don't know who he is in the anime
he i called jimmy or something

I think those dumbash writers will make ash(or should I say assh) return to the jhoto region tho be in the new battle frontier just like they did with kanto

TheGameNinja

Quote from: shadic the ultimate on March 29, 2010, 10:48:33 AM
he i called jimmy or something
Yup, Jimmy was his name-o.

Fun fact: his American voice actor was also the voice of Goku in Dragonball Z. :3

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 29, 2010, 01:09:34 PM

Fun fact: his American voice actor was also the voice of Goku in Dragonball Z. :3
THE Sean Schemmel?
Surely you jest D=
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Skyle369

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 29, 2010, 01:09:34 PM

SEAN SCHEMMEL?!?!?
I need proof for this cause I'm a hardcore DBZ fan.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Skyle369 on March 29, 2010, 04:37:35 PM
SEAN SCHEMMEL?!?!?
I need proof for this cause I'm a hardcore DBZ fan.
Here's the IMDb page for Chronicles. Scroll down and you'll see his name listed as playing Jimmy.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1294074/fullcredits#cast

Take a listen to the first few seconds:

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 29, 2010, 04:38:37 PM
Here's the IMDb page for Chronicles. Scroll down and you'll see his name listed as playing Jimmy.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1294074/fullcredits#cast

Take a listen to the first few seconds:

I hear a resemblance...a bit high pitched though. :3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.