Main Menu

Religions?

Started by Dracoslythe, August 19, 2009, 05:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoslythe

Reason that this isn't in the poll section:
I don't feel like spending a week researching the names of every religion in the world, and I didn't want to offend anyone by only putting a few religions and then "other."

So yeah.  I was thinking, and I was like "wut's evry1s rlign?"
I personally am...undecided I guess?  I've always thought I was Christian, but then realized that I was really faking it just to pacify my grandmother (she is pretty old, and I'm the only one of the grandkids who will have anything to do with her).  Not that there's anything wrong with Christianity, but I guess I'm just really confused...

***I know this is a touchy subject, so if you will, could everyone please refrain from bashing another person's religion?***

Hakudamashi

Christianity

and I dun like religious talk,just so you know
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Windlessusher on August 19, 2009, 05:25:45 PM
Christianity

and I dun like religious talk,just so you know
Like I said, I know it's a touchy subject.

annoyinglad

I'm agnostic. Need a description?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

annoyinglad

Quote from: Windlessusher on August 19, 2009, 05:44:29 PM
most of us,yes

Well there's two variations of agnostiasm(probably wrong term...).

Casual and Strong. I'm casual. That means that there's no way to know if there is a god/gods. Unless he/she/it/that show themself(es) to me and convince me.

Strong would be mostly the same, but believe there's no way even if someone shows themselves. It's the whole nothing for face value deal.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 19, 2009, 05:49:26 PM
Well there's two variations of agnostiasm(probably wrong term...).

Casual and Strong. I'm casual. That means that there's no way to know if there is a god/gods. Unless he/she/it/that show themself(es) to me and convince me.

Strong would be mostly the same, but believe there's no way even if someone shows themselves. It's the whole nothing for face value deal.
Hey that kinda fits me right now.  =o  the casual part, anyway.

The only thing to HALFWAY make me think that there is a god is this one time, a few months ago, I was like "if there really is a god, then make it rain tomorrow."
and it rained.  but that was probably just mere coincidence, seeing as in the region that I live in, the weather fluctuates.

I dunno.  I've just been so confused about my religious beliefs lately...

jkid101094

jkid is athiest...apparently...that's what everyone says and I know I don't belive in the bible and that stuff but I never bothered to look up the definition of "Athiesym"...I could just as well be agnostic.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

ChaosDazer

Christian.
Not a very devout one. Though I'm a little young to choose what religion I am for certain.
witty sig caption

Pingas

christian

i am not a big fan of aitheism as my m8 told me its 4 ppl hu hav been brainwashed by japan

no offence ppl!
URL=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?54921]
Click here to level up my card![/URL]

Dracoslythe

Rolz, so someone told you that atheism is for people being brainwashed by Japan?
I kinda laughed.
No offence to the person who told you, though.  It just struck me as funny.

I know first hand that Christians hate atheists.  Hell, even my church alone bashes other religions like there's no tomorrow.  They even bash Catholics, which is another form of Christianity...
Yeah.  My pastor isn't quite right in the head.
Southern Baptists....

(nothing against Christians...)

Jason777123

I am Catholic, but I am not sure if I want to be a Catholic, because most of the stuff in the Church is made up by people. So I have decided to follow only what God said. I will still go to Church though. Basically I only follow what the 10 Commandments and the Bible say. Oh and (don't bash) what makes you people believe there is no God. There is lots of evidence you can find that he indeed exists. I just don't understand why you don't think he is real.  ???

JetTheHawk

NO SIGNATURE

NiGHTS

weeellll i belive in christianity and there is a God

so yea but i dont reeeaaaalllyyy go to church much and that sorta thing

so i believe christianity is right but i dont follow it fully i more just sorta go along with life

annoyinglad

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 19, 2009, 07:29:21 PM
jkid is athiest...apparently...that's what everyone says and I know I don't belive in the bible and that stuff but I never bothered to look up the definition of "Athiesym"...I could just as well be agnostic.

Athiest is someone who believes there is no god, no matter what you see, hear, or read, there isn't one.

Quote from: Pingas on August 20, 2009, 04:38:43 AM
christian

i am not a big fan of aitheism as my m8 told me its 4 ppl hu hav been brainwashed by japan

no offence ppl!

Yeah, cause that's not racist against the Japanese at all... You remind me of one of my friend's friends... He talks and thinks like you, is obsessed with pingas, and doesn't know when to shut up and drop a subject... Probably just a coincidence...