Main Menu

Religions?

Started by Dracoslythe, August 19, 2009, 05:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoslythe

Reason that this isn't in the poll section:
I don't feel like spending a week researching the names of every religion in the world, and I didn't want to offend anyone by only putting a few religions and then "other."

So yeah.  I was thinking, and I was like "wut's evry1s rlign?"
I personally am...undecided I guess?  I've always thought I was Christian, but then realized that I was really faking it just to pacify my grandmother (she is pretty old, and I'm the only one of the grandkids who will have anything to do with her).  Not that there's anything wrong with Christianity, but I guess I'm just really confused...

***I know this is a touchy subject, so if you will, could everyone please refrain from bashing another person's religion?***

Hakudamashi

Christianity

and I dun like religious talk,just so you know
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Windlessusher on August 19, 2009, 05:25:45 PM
Christianity

and I dun like religious talk,just so you know
Like I said, I know it's a touchy subject.

annoyinglad

I'm agnostic. Need a description?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

annoyinglad

Quote from: Windlessusher on August 19, 2009, 05:44:29 PM
most of us,yes

Well there's two variations of agnostiasm(probably wrong term...).

Casual and Strong. I'm casual. That means that there's no way to know if there is a god/gods. Unless he/she/it/that show themself(es) to me and convince me.

Strong would be mostly the same, but believe there's no way even if someone shows themselves. It's the whole nothing for face value deal.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 19, 2009, 05:49:26 PM
Well there's two variations of agnostiasm(probably wrong term...).

Casual and Strong. I'm casual. That means that there's no way to know if there is a god/gods. Unless he/she/it/that show themself(es) to me and convince me.

Strong would be mostly the same, but believe there's no way even if someone shows themselves. It's the whole nothing for face value deal.
Hey that kinda fits me right now.  =o  the casual part, anyway.

The only thing to HALFWAY make me think that there is a god is this one time, a few months ago, I was like "if there really is a god, then make it rain tomorrow."
and it rained.  but that was probably just mere coincidence, seeing as in the region that I live in, the weather fluctuates.

I dunno.  I've just been so confused about my religious beliefs lately...

jkid101094

jkid is athiest...apparently...that's what everyone says and I know I don't belive in the bible and that stuff but I never bothered to look up the definition of "Athiesym"...I could just as well be agnostic.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

ChaosDazer

Christian.
Not a very devout one. Though I'm a little young to choose what religion I am for certain.
witty sig caption

Pingas

christian

i am not a big fan of aitheism as my m8 told me its 4 ppl hu hav been brainwashed by japan

no offence ppl!
URL=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?54921]
Click here to level up my card![/URL]

Dracoslythe

Rolz, so someone told you that atheism is for people being brainwashed by Japan?
I kinda laughed.
No offence to the person who told you, though.  It just struck me as funny.

I know first hand that Christians hate atheists.  Hell, even my church alone bashes other religions like there's no tomorrow.  They even bash Catholics, which is another form of Christianity...
Yeah.  My pastor isn't quite right in the head.
Southern Baptists....

(nothing against Christians...)

Jason777123

I am Catholic, but I am not sure if I want to be a Catholic, because most of the stuff in the Church is made up by people. So I have decided to follow only what God said. I will still go to Church though. Basically I only follow what the 10 Commandments and the Bible say. Oh and (don't bash) what makes you people believe there is no God. There is lots of evidence you can find that he indeed exists. I just don't understand why you don't think he is real.  ???

JetTheHawk

NO SIGNATURE

NiGHTS

weeellll i belive in christianity and there is a God

so yea but i dont reeeaaaalllyyy go to church much and that sorta thing

so i believe christianity is right but i dont follow it fully i more just sorta go along with life

annoyinglad

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 19, 2009, 07:29:21 PM
jkid is athiest...apparently...that's what everyone says and I know I don't belive in the bible and that stuff but I never bothered to look up the definition of "Athiesym"...I could just as well be agnostic.

Athiest is someone who believes there is no god, no matter what you see, hear, or read, there isn't one.

Quote from: Pingas on August 20, 2009, 04:38:43 AM
christian

i am not a big fan of aitheism as my m8 told me its 4 ppl hu hav been brainwashed by japan

no offence ppl!

Yeah, cause that's not racist against the Japanese at all... You remind me of one of my friend's friends... He talks and thinks like you, is obsessed with pingas, and doesn't know when to shut up and drop a subject... Probably just a coincidence...

blazerh44

I'm Christian. I do believe in a God, but I think that some of the stories in the bible are a little f**ked up

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 20, 2009, 12:22:08 PM
I'm Christian. I do believe in a God, but I think that some of the stories in the bible are a little f**ked up

Examples? I used to be Christian, but like Draco, never really cared for it. But I went to church again with SF47 while I was staying with him just before I moved, so I remember some. I might now what you're talking about.

blazerh44

The feeding of the 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fishes? There's a perfect example for ya

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 20, 2009, 12:25:03 PM
The feeding of the 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fishes? There's a perfect example for ya

Yeah, I think they messed up on the math. It must have been 50 with 50 loaves and 20 fish. They took the zeroes out of the foods and put them on the people... But hey, that's just my take. Some people may believe this, and there's no problem with that.

blazerh44

Eh whatever floats their boat. I still think that some of the stories are crap

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 20, 2009, 12:34:07 PM
Eh whatever floats their boat. I still think that some of the stories are crap

:o

Blasphemy! Madness!

blazerh44

Haha. But I still believe that there will be a God when I die

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 20, 2009, 12:38:04 PM
Haha. But I still believe that there will be a God when I die

Aww... You didn't finish the joke by saying Sparta...  :'(

blazerh44

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 20, 2009, 12:41:59 PM
SPARTAAAAA!!!!!!

Yay! But it's a bit late... Oh well...

Back on topic, Christians and Catholics seem to dominate the forum... in numbers at least.

blazerh44

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 20, 2009, 12:44:15 PM
Christians and Catholics seem to dominate the forum... in numbers at least.

Uhh Christians and Catholics dominate the WORLD in numbers

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 20, 2009, 12:45:39 PM
Uhh Christians and Catholics dominate the WORLD in numbers

No, Muslim's do. It accounts for about 20% of the world. Then there's jew's, buddhist's, and many more to account for little pieces.

blazerh44

Ok, but Christians are still up there

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 20, 2009, 12:50:26 PM
Ok, but Christians are still up there

Yes, that they are. But they are still a bit of a minority.

blazerh44

Meh. I'm christian so I'm one at least

jkid101094

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 20, 2009, 08:44:32 AM
Athiest is someone who believes there is no god, no matter what you see, hear, or read, there isn't one.
KK then, i'm athiest. :D

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

annoyinglad

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 21, 2009, 01:59:36 PM
KK then, i'm athiest. :D

Lol, then according to Dane Cooke, you should die, decompose, become fertilizer, sprout a tree, get cut down, thrown in a saw mill and pressed down into paper, then have the bible printed on you...

XtheHedgehog

Catholic, strongly catholic, i have no probs with anything but athiests who bash religions, regular athiests r fine, my friend made a joke religion metroism, hell is the J train and the F train is heaven lawl

but i iz a strong catholic

jkid101094

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 21, 2009, 03:10:39 PM
Lol, then according to Dane Cooke, you should die, decompose, become fertilizer, sprout a tree, get cut down, thrown in a saw mill and pressed down into paper, then have the bible printed on you...
I'll beat his *** with a toaster. :D

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

annoyinglad

Ioshyriku

Christian Orthodox is my religion

nkansah1

eh im christian but i dont get atheist ppl if you dont belive in any god then how do you think you came into this world with the big bang theory oO???

annoyinglad

Quote from: nkansah1 on August 23, 2009, 12:03:15 PM
eh im christian but i dont get atheist ppl if you dont belive in any god then how do you think you came into this world with the big bang theory oO???

That's the thing with religous people... I respect all religions, I just don't like you people that bash us scientific people. If you wanna know how we think we came here and your sick of the Big Bang Theory answer, at least we have evidence and scientific proof. Show me hard physical evidence that there is a god. The bible doesn't count, anyone can write something down in a book. They don't have to prove that it's true or not. The bible isn't strong evidence or proof. Anyone could have said: "Hey, I wanna write something random down and see what people do with it in the future!" I'm not bashing religion, I'm just saying, don't bash non-religious people, at least we can prove our theories.

nkansah1

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 23, 2009, 12:09:43 PM
That's the thing with religous people... I respect all religions, I just don't like you people that bash us scientific people. If you wanna know how we think we came here and your sick of the Big Bang Theory answer, at least we have evidence and scientific proof. Show me hard physical evidence that there is a god. The bible doesn't count, anyone can write something down in a book. They don't have to prove that it's true or not. The bible isn't strong evidence or proof. Anyone could have said: "Hey, I wanna write something random down and see what people do with it in the future!" I'm not bashing religion, I'm just saying, don't bash non-religious people, at least we can prove our theories.

i wasnt trying to bash on non-religous ppl i just wanted a yes or know on beliveing the big bang theory i just wanted a yes or know ya know what i know there is NO CHANCE OF ALL THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN RLY NO CHANCE but i just wanna say couldnt u just ask one of the relatives of the 12 disciples oO lol that couldnt happen but im sure a family member would have SOME kind of evidence there was Jesus :S<-- again just saying that isnt possible

and btw you dont always need proof evidence or to see something before it can be real just believing is enough...

Princessofthechaosemerald

i r probably the only jew i this forum

need i explain what a jew is?

Pingas

Quote from: Elana-The-hedgehog on August 23, 2009, 12:51:52 PM
i r probably the only jew i this forum

need i explain what a jew is?
no cartman told us who jews r

cartman is always correct
URL=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?54921]
Click here to level up my card![/URL]

Princessofthechaosemerald

Quote from: Pingas on August 24, 2009, 10:44:36 AM
no cartman told us who jews r

cartman is always correct
lmfao southpark

dark rouge

Im a Christian and Christianity is not a religion its a way of life

mascaraa.

Personally, I believe religion is one big excuse to hate on people. Some of the beliefs they have aren't bad, and I think it's amazing that people can hope that after we die we don't just sit and rot. I just think that some of the crap they make people believe is so stupid. Seriously, I just hate how they judge everyone because of what religion they are, what sexual orientarion they are, or even what race they are. I can't really say much because I don't know much about religion, and I don't really plan on learning about it, and I know there is alot more to religion than the things I just mentioned but this is just an example. I'm extremely sorry if I offend everyone, but it's only my opinion, so it doesn't really matter.

ChaosMaster

I'm agnostic (no, it's not the same as f***ing atheist)

nobody can convert me.

Sig made by ShadowsofSilver

Visit me on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSnake753

annoyinglad

Quote from: ChaosMaster on August 26, 2009, 09:08:58 AM
I'm agnostic (no, it's not the same as f***ing atheist)

nobody can convert me.

*High Fives*

Epic, another person who shares the same sentiments as me on a topic like this one!

xaio

i am casual agnostic . cause i feelthat getting all"godly faith" is kinda.. scarin me.. so yeah, i don't rlly beleive in a god... me and one of my friends.
otherwise, if i HAD to be in a religion, it would be the one i made (elijisim,also eeve me alone, say what you want i don'tgive a sh*t, so what i idol someone that speaks the way i ALWAYS do, no matter the situation)

T3T
THE BRO SOCIETY!!!
bros:
michael(shiner)
HMS7
jeexx
light
sonic360
wind
wtf? i jsut noticed!! RENDEL'S NOT ON HERE!!!
i thank rendel for the sexy pic he drew me!! http://i44.tinypic.com/2hg662d.png
cartoon ver. http://i43.tinypic.com/zj8fly.png

i JIMP'd ~Jizzed In My Pants~ cause
John (same name <333)
Draco
jkid
rendel
(runnin outta space so you know who you are) ARE EPICALL!!!!

sonickufan120

well a pray to god so
i'm chistion (don't know how to spell it)
i think jesus is awsome ;)
but i'm also tallerent too.

azlj01

I believe in god and the parts of the bible but rarely get involve in church
Support peter's church for the Fonz!

Kristomaster

I am in my self made notsureifgodexistreligion.
I am not sure if it is a god, but i can't say there isn't one either, it's like saying that one of your pals doesn't exist...
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Kristomaster on August 30, 2009, 06:36:57 PM
I am in my self made notsureifgodexistreligion.
I am not sure if it is a god, but i can't say there isn't one either, it's like saying that one of your pals doesn't exist...
your'e the same as me, then?
VERY confused.

Kristomaster

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 30, 2009, 06:39:19 PM
your'e the same as me, then?
VERY confused.
Finally someone that understands me :)
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

ChaosMaster

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 26, 2009, 09:47:55 AM
*High Fives*

Epic, another person who shares the same sentiments as me on a topic like this one!
*high-fives back*

I don't mind religions, I just don't believe anything they say. Yet agian, I'm still not atheist cause I'm not all like, "where's the proof, were gonna die and be treea!" I just don't care about it all, so I consider myself agnostic.

Sig made by ShadowsofSilver

Visit me on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSnake753

Sonicboom238

Islam.I hope none of u hate me cuz of my religion.
Lol hay i like cheese.

jkid101094

"I created the universe. Now I will give you a book filled with random short stories and you will read it, build me churches, and diss everyone who dosn't belive I exist even though I tell you not to."

-Jkid101094 (no offense to christians)

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Sonicboom238 on September 01, 2009, 11:50:33 AM
Islam.I hope none of u hate me cuz of my religion.
Don't worry.
We won't.
I would hope...

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 03, 2009, 03:33:36 PM
"I created the universe. Now I will give you a book filled with random short stories and you will read it, build me churches, and diss everyone who dosn't belive I exist even though I tell you not to."

-Jkid101094 (no offense to christians)
That made me rofl.
HARD.

...That's pretty bad isn't it?
<.<   >.>

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 03, 2009, 04:14:59 PM
That made me rofl.
HARD.

...That's pretty bad isn't it?
<.<   >.>
O RLY? I must be getting my sense of "Draco Humor" back. :D

No, well kinda...maybe...meh, it's better to laugh at the joke then be the one who tells it. ;)

Well g' night folks. See ya's tommorow (when i'm in Iowa :P).

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 03, 2009, 04:20:20 PM
O RLY? I must be getting my sense of "Draco Humor" back. :D

No, well kinda...maybe...meh, it's better to laugh at the joke then be the one who tells it. ;)

Well g' night folks. See ya's tommorow (when i'm in Iowa :P).
Haha, niiice.
Niiight  See ya.  C: